• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help with Welcome Finance

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on the ppi Beyound ?

What PPI ricecake?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Trust me I know exactly how you feel-"self-doubt"!

The baffle you with stupidity to such a point that you actually doubt yourself!! How ridiculous is that!

They did the same to me, you saw the defence they unashamedly sent me; "we admit we didn't have a court order but deny this was breach of duty"

CCA 1974; "(3) An entry in contravention of subsection (1) or (2) is actionable as a breach of statutory duty."

They can "deny" and refute your "assertions" all they like but I can't see it getting them anywhere apart from sitting in the corner wearing a hat with a big letter "D" on it!!!

Don't worry mate, it's not a big deal ;)

"additional to our final response" lol!!!

Trust me I know exactly how you feel-"self-doubt"!

The baffle you with stupidity to such a point that you actually doubt yourself!! How ridiculous is that!

They did the same to me, you saw the defence they unashamedly sent me; "we admit we didn't have a court order but deny this was breach of duty"

CCA 1974; "(3) An entry in contravention of subsection (1) or (2) is actionable as a breach of statutory duty."

They can "deny" and refute your "assertions" all they like but I can't see it getting them anywhere apart from sitting in the corner wearing a hat with a big letter "D" on it!!!

Don't worry mate, it's not a big deal ;)

"additional to our final response" lol!!!

I didnt so much doubt myself but more well if they think they are ok can they convince the judge so to speak

They can say what they like now im not bothered what is done is done they unlawfully took the car and I intend that they remedy it in some shape or form!

Ive had a 'final response', 'further response' and 'addition to response' :rolleyes:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I didnt so much doubt myself but more well if they think they are ok can they convince the judge so to speak

They can say what they like now im not bothered what is done is done they unlawfully took the car and I intend that they remedy it in some shape or form!

Ive had a 'final response', 'further response' and 'addition to response' :rolleyes:

I know, I still think that myself. The truth is they may well be able to convince a judge, but worrying about it isn't going to help.

My point is, we are trying to stand up for ourselves against this unscrupulous company and that alone is something to feel proud of. Win, lose or draw we know we have given it our best shot :)

I know, I still think that myself. The truth is they may well be able to convince a judge, but worrying about it isn't going to help.

My point is, we are trying to stand up for ourselves against this unscrupulous company and that alone is something to feel proud of. Win, lose or draw we know we have given it our best shot :)

absolutely! i just wanted to share my wonderful response! I want them served already *hmph* I need my sealed court papers to make this really real know what I mean!

double post sorry x

absolutely! i just wanted to share my wonderful response! I want them served already *hmph* I need my sealed court papers to make this really real know what I mean!

I'm sure it won't be long now. They are probably taking their time looking up how to deal with the Consumer Credit Act Procedure!

When I handed mine in the clerk read my "Brief details of claim" and looked totally unsurprised! Then she said "If they don't respond in 14 days, you'll win by default." To me that spoke volumes! Although she was technically incorrect, she seemed very familiar with either them or this sort of claim.

If your court doesn't get a lot of this kind of work they prob just doing the research to make sure they follow the correct procedure. And don't forget your 2 days for service ;)

I'm sure it won't be long now. They are probably taking their time looking up how to deal with the Consumer Credit Act Procedure!

When I handed mine in the clerk read my "Brief details of claim" and looked totally unsurprised! Then she said "If they don't respond in 14 days, you'll win by default." To me that spoke volumes! Although she was technically incorrect, she seemed very familiar with either them or this sort of claim.

If your court doesn't get a lot of this kind of work they prob just doing the research to make sure they follow the correct procedure. And don't forget your 2 days for service ;)

well it was put in on weds about 12.45pm ish she said it would be served in the next few days and my copy will have a date on it of when they are officially 'served' so fingers crossed tomo ill get my copy :) the court i went to is very busy though as they have just taken on the admin of my local court as well as they are only open for enquiries and hearings on a friday as of 1st april so i did expect a bit of a delay :)

beyond

you reply with such confidence when responding to other threads, so you must truly believe you have a good knowledge of the consumer credit act and you do.

well keep that believe and stand up to them in court and watch them back out at the last minute with an offer

welcome dont understand the law they are preaching just use it to justify their bulling tactics, they forget this law was implemented to protect the borrower as well as the lender

i cannot offer any advise that has not already been given and quite frankly you just have to sit back and wait.

good luck

essexboy

beyond

you reply with such confidence when responding to other threads, so you must truly believe you have a good knowledge of the consumer credit act and you do.

well keep that believe and stand up to them in court and watch them back out at the last minute with an offer

welcome dont understand the law they are preaching just use it to justify their bulling tactics, they forget this law was implemented to protect the borrower as well as the lender

i cannot offer any advise that has not already been given and quite frankly you just have to sit back and wait.

good luck

essexboy

Thank you essexboy i dont intend on backing down if i go down i go down i go down fighting ;) and i hope you do the same also! if i can help at all please shout :)

hi beyond

would not dream to suggest you would, i will definately follow this through to the end it aint about money anymore this is personal.

although i wont turn the money down. lol

i know i have not posted the documents from my letter in my post but i think the letter explains their usefulness.

if they could help your case please let me know i am more than willing to e-mail them to you

thanks for all your help and without question if there is anything i can do

please let me know

i have everything crossed for you

essexboy

hi beyond

would not dream to suggest you would, i will definately follow this through to the end it aint about money anymore this is personal.

although i wont turn the money down. lol

i know i have not posted the documents from my letter in my post but i think the letter explains their usefulness.

if they could help your case please let me know i am more than willing to e-mail them to you

thanks for all your help and without question if there is anything i can do

please let me know

i have everything crossed for you

essexboy

absof***inglutely this is about principle not £ its them that has the issue with £! Anyhow thank you very much as I may need in you in case 2 if case 1 fails ;) If there is anything on this thread document wise you need shout and you can have a full copy with authorisation letter :) that goes for other thread too where they admit to unauthorised charges in their final response :)

But Cab!! Didn't you know what the 'A' stands for in CCA????!

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my greatest pleasure to introduce to you all.....

The Consumer Credit Assertion 2010!!

:D:D:D

My Comment is, `*UCKING BRILLIANT`!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I LOVE THE ****!!!:grin:

Stop Mucking About!!! My Ribs Hurt!!!:lol::lol::lol:

cheers, MARK

My Comment is, `*UCKING BRILLIANT`!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I LOVE THE ****!!!:grin:

Stop Mucking About!!! My Ribs Hurt!!!:lol::lol::lol:

cheers, MARK

Hiya Mark :lol: trust you to pick up on that one :lol:

Lets hope the judge goes by ACTS not ASSERTIONS :lol:

I think Mrs 'I'm coming to get ya' writes alot of 'ASSERTIONS' :lol:

beyond

good luck

essexboy

Here here!!

I had a thought today, (hard to believe I know! :p), but I have been quite troubled by Welcome's lack of knowledge; I just couldn't understand how a big company with a legal team could have such poor understanding of the law. My thought was this, "If there were a legal team fully versed in the CCA 1974 and the 2006 amendments, that had the capacity to manage customer complaints in a professional, legally adept manner, where customers wouldn't even entertain the idea of bringing claims because the team would have it immediately all sewn up, if there were such a team.....why the Hell would we think they'd want to work for Welscum Finance???!!!" :lol:

Hiya Mark :lol: trust you to pick up on that one :lol:

Lets hope the judge goes by ACTS not ASSERTIONS :lol:

I think Mrs 'I'm coming to get ya' writes alot of 'ASSERTIONS' :lol:

I Can Not Believe it is the Same Staff who are Still Sat Printing Stuff They Must Know is Total Drivel.

Do you think they Actually Believe what they are Stating, Or is it The way the **** have Indoctrinated ( Great Word) Them from the very beginning of their employment?

If it was You Or I Writing this *HIT I`m Certain We would have woken up to what is going on!!! When the **** do their Interviews of Prospective Employees Do You think they look for A Natural Tendency to be Totally Immoral and A Numb Scull???

What Can a Company such as WFS be Telling their Staff about the Situation they are in, for the Staff to Just Carry On And Believe that They Are Right???

Their Jobs are ALL in Danger because of the Underhand and Unlawful Way the Company is Run!!! They Are Asked to Do Things that Would Make Most of Humankind Sick!!! There Would have Already Been A Revolution to Change Things and Replace The `Old Guard`. Why are they So Insistent On Carrying out Their Abhorrent Duties???

The Staff MUST KNOW!!! How Could They Not???:x

Cheers, MARK:lol:

I Can Not Believe it is the Same Staff who are Still Sat Printing Stuff They Must Know is Total Drivel.

Do you think they Actually Believe what they are Stating, Or is it The way the **** have Indoctrinated ( Great Word) Them from the very beginning of their employment?

If it was You Or I Writing this *HIT I`m Certain We would have woken up to what is going on!!! When the **** do their Interviews of Prospective Employees Do You think they look for A Natural Tendency to be Totally Immoral and A Numb Scull???

What Can a Company such as WFS be Telling their Staff about the Situation they are in, for the Staff to Just Carry On And Believe that They Are Right???

Their Jobs are ALL in Danger because of the Underhand and Unlawful Way the Company is Run!!! They Are Asked to Do Things that Would Make Most of Humankind Sick!!! There Would have Already Been A Revolution to Change Things and Replace The `Old Guard`. Why are they So Insistent On Carrying out Their Abhorrent Duties???

But when you do talk to the staff they talk with such conviction! "It doesn't matter that you've paid a third, we don't need a court order to repossess your car!". They must get taught 'The Law According to Welcome Finance' when they have their training :confused:

I bet a requirement for the position must be that they must previously have worked as traffic wardens!

But when you do talk to the staff they talk with such conviction! "It doesn't matter that you've paid a third, we don't need a court order to repossess your car!". They must get taught 'The Law According to Welcome Finance' when they have their training :confused:

I bet a requirement for the position must be that they must previously have worked as traffic wardens!

It`s ALL Too True!!!

When I left The Navy I stayed in Touch with A Lot of My Friends. Some are Still Serving and They keep me Up To Date on things that are Happening to the Service! I Try to tell them What it`s Like `Outside`!!!

Are the Ex WFS Employees NOT at Least Attempting to Inform Their **** Oppos that It Is ALL *OLLOCKS??? Or are They SO Brainwashed That even though they Have Lost Thier Own Jobs in Such A Way, and Are No Longer Restricted In What They Can and Can Not Do By the ****, they Still Don`t Realise What Cabbages They Have Been, And how Working for WFS Will Not Help in the Hunt for Fresh Employment??? Unless it is as a Traffic Warden Or A Scrubber Outer of Ferrets Cages!!! LOL

Cheers, MARK

Here here!!

I had a thought today, (hard to believe I know! :p), but I have been quite troubled by Welcome's lack of knowledge; I just couldn't understand how a big company with a legal team could have such poor understanding of the law. My thought was this, "If there were a legal team fully versed in the CCA 1974 and the 2006 amendments, that had the capacity to manage customer complaints in a professional, legally adept manner, where customers wouldn't even entertain the idea of bringing claims because the team would have it immediately all sewn up, if there were such a team.....why the Hell would we think they'd want to work for Welscum Finance???!!!" :lol:

I had this conversation with my friend who is PA to a solicitor and her opinion was....if they have an in house legal team, their legal team is made up of solicitors that couldnt make it on the outside :lol: She's training to be a legal exec and has worked in solicitor for the last 7yrs so has a small clue what shes talking about :lol:

I think alot of their staff 'start at the bottom' so by the time they get to branch manager they think they are god!

Dont be mean to traffic wardens!!!:lol:

i think the so called defence they are going to submit is just a formality,

i think wfs **** won't even turn up on the day,

i think to much,:D

i think i am right tho,;)

cab

ooo Cab ya really do think alot :lol: