Do JSA deal with my tax rebate?

simbatim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been out of work since the end of July this year. I recently have put in a claim for JSA and council tax benefit and housing benefit (claim was a month ago and have still not received anything yet which doesnt surprise me).

However, my main concern is that I also sent my P45 to HM Customs along with a P50 form to claim any tax back as I haven't worked for over 3 months. The tax office have since written back to me to say that because I have now claimed JSA that the Job Centre will be liable to pay me any tax I am owed back? Could anyone help me with how I can go about doing this?

Thanks.

The jobcentre will need the P45 which is input into the system. At the end of the claim or the end of the tax year (whichever comes first) the system automatically calculates the refund.

Did the tax office return your P45? If not you will need to contact them and ask for it to be returned or if they cannot do that to send you a P46 with the tax details that the P45 had on it to you so that you can hand this in at your jobcentre. I think that a letter from the tax office with the details on would suffice.

You should give them the most recent. You should have given the P45 to the job you did in August to keep the tax record straight.

Does the P45 from that job have a Week or Month number on it or is there a X?

The cross means that the tax record is not complete. If you didn't give them your P45 from the job you left in July then this is probably the case.

If so, then the jobcentre cannot work out the tax refund and the P45s from the last two jobs plus the one from the jobcentre when you sign off would need to be taken to them to piece together the tax details so that they could then work out a refund.

Ahhh..ok thanks.

I only received the p45 for the job I left in July last wk so, I had filled in a p46 when I started the job in Aug as I didnt have a p45 to give them. I'm going to the job centre next wk so, will bring both p45's with me then and ask in there what they think. Fingers crossed I wont be on jobseekers too long anyway!! :D

Thanks again.