Highview Parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, thought I would keep u updated.....have now received a 2nd letter in nice red ink "charge notice". The cost has now gone up to £90! They say they will just keep adding money on if I don't cough up. Does a charge notice still mean unenforceable?? I've put this in the bin, but can't help worrying a little!!

Thanx

• 3 weeks later...

They are wrong. The only way your credit rating could be damaged is if the case goes to court ( very unlikely) you lose ( very, very unlikely) and THEN you fail to pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days. Once again a PPC being "economical with the truth".

Hi to every one that for some unknown reason keeps worrying about these so called parking fines er invoices the following may help I know that it is not the same firm but they are both tared with the same brush

VCS speculative invoice

To aid your situation and to emphasise anything your own research has found, VCS have recently suffered two defeats at court. One at S****horpe
county court
link3.gif
where their managing director has had to explain to the judge why he issued proceedings in the first place when he had no cause of action.

The second, and far more notable case, was before the VAT Tribunal (official known as the Upper Tax Tribunal) where judges have examined the VCS operation and decided that they have insufficient
interest
link3.gif
in any of the land they purport to enforce parking regulations on and that they have no right whatsoever to even offer a contract to park - let alone attempt to chase a maybe-penalty for breaking their rules.

This latter case established what is known as case law and is binding on all lower courts. VCS are not going to take you to court and they cannot enforce their invoice.

Oh, by the way, it is not, never has been, never will be a "fine". What you got was a speculative invoice, plain and simple. The fact that you believed it to be is simply a testament to the clever way in which their invoices are designed - which is to make you think it is a fine.

Stop worrying. Chill out and have a glass of wine/cup of tea/mug of coffee/glass of spring water or whatever your particular poison is and get on with your life.

I found the above on another thread and have posted it when I see a thread of this type

dpick

Dear worried26I was in the same poition back in March 2010 and if you check back to posts 44 and 47 you will see the variety of letters I received.Just view them as the idiots they are; making hollow threats which they never follow up : they obviously make sufficent income from those who pay up without researching the companies first.As I said 'worried no more' and still no further communications.Cheers and spend the money on yourself!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, my case has now been sent to debt recovery plus (baliffs?). They are now demanding the cash amount of £148 immediately, otherwise it will go to court. I'm still not going to pay, but just checking that this is what they normally do.

Thanx

Hello,

Just to be reassured I'm in the exact same position as worried26.

I received a parking fine from highview parking limited who have now forwarded their debt to debt recovery plus who now want 148.99.

I will be ignoring them also however i would feel more comfortable if someone would post their result of dealing with these companies recently.

Kind Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi There everybody!!

i got duped into this Highview parking. stayed a couple of hours longer than should have. And normally i check the forums. So i have paid the fine....yes stupid me!! and then checked here after.

wanting to know assuming i can get the bank to reverse the payment. Will i still not be liable??? as i have made the payment does that not constitute me acknowledging my guilt to the offence?

please let me know your thoughts people.

Hi just got landed in the same position as many on here with Highview (£50 rising to £75) It was such a shock as I was pleased with getting a new coat at half price.. not if they can help it!:mad2:

1st thing I did after the shock was to google Highview.. and I hit all these PPC fightback forums and I feel I am gonna just ignore them... only one problem I have... there dosen't seem to be anyone who has a final end result!

Also should I write or totally ignore?... prefer totally ignore cos I'm not good with this stuff, but will respond and deny if needed to.

Hope to god you guys are not messing about...it could get expensive!:|

Mike

Just ignore. what happens is that they finally stop sending their silly letters when they latch on to the fact that the person receiving them is not going to fall for their stupid threats.

Edited by DBC

Just to reinforce the messages on here and add to people's confidence: Last year on 6/12/11 I received a 'parking charge notice' from Vehicle Control Services for parking at Valley Centertainment in Sheffield. Despite having a receipt that proved I had been a customer of Centertainment, they claimed I had been seen leaving the site. I'd never come across any of this kind of thing before and felt very upset at receiving the notice and having my appeal effectively ignored. My first mistake was in starting any kind of correspondence with them before checking out a forum like this! But after my first email to them attempting to show that I had done nothing wrong I completely ignored them.

To cut a long story short I received the ever escalating threatening letters and demands for increasingly ridiculous sums and handing over to their 'solicitor' prior to taking to court (rejection of appeal letter 13/12/11, Notice of intent to issue court proceedings 4/1/12, Final demand prior to court action 27/1/12, Debt collector 28/3/12, solicitor outlining costs associated with claim and impact on our credit rating 10/4/12, Solicitor final warning before applying to court etc with lots of legal jargonese 23/4/12). Then....absolutely nothing.

So, when on Christmas Eve I received a letter from Highview Parking with photographs claiming I had stayed too long at a carpark in Leeds (on 18/11/12 - over a month before!) and claiming £95 I just laughed at it! Particularly as we still happened to have the parking ticket, with our registration number, which proved we had paid for a full 24 hours. What a [problem]. Needless to say, I'm not going to even bother to reply to say we've got the ticket. I prefer they incur the cost of sending all those silly letters. But this time I also wanted to let everyone else know that NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO YOU, they are just preying on good people who are being made to feel they are doing something terribly wrong when it's all a lie. They make their money because most people - particularly vulnerable people, just pay up because of the scary 'official' looking nature of the threatening letters. This latest one has me really cross - I have clear evidence (and so must they) that I did nothing wrong, but how many people (other then sad old me) keep their parking tickets for 6 weeks? I have no problem with parking companies making legitimate money, but this kind of stuff is nasty predatory behaviour.