Roadside Lawyer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a parking ticket from a private parking firm (the name of which I cannot remember due to the time now elapsed) on November 8th 2008 which I was unsure of how to deal with. I sought the advice of Roadside Lawyer (I don't know how many of you will be familiar with this company?) and in the end paid them the sum of around £32 to "make my ticket go away", which they duly did.

.................................until last week, when the private parking firm got back in touch with me to inform me that my £80 ticket had become a £160 charge, and that court action was imminent. I have tried to get in touch with Roadside Lawyer to ask their advice and see why this had re-appeared, but thet seem uncontactable.

I just wondered if anyone else had had this problem or knew of any reasons why this could be?

Further to that...any advice on my current plight would be welcome too!

Thanks, Mike.

If they just got back in touch why can't you remember their name surely its on the demand for £160?

You have been ripped off by one company for £32 to make a non existent fine go away so the parking company probably think you are dumb enough or concerned enough to pay the new demand.

in the end paid them the sum of around £32 to "make my ticket go away", which they duly did.

What they did was, charge you £32 to do what you should have done in the

first place. IGNORE THEM!!!

Easy money!!! :eek:

Completely ignore them. Have a read around the forum and you'll

form the same conclusion..

It is on the demand yes, but I don't have it with me right now.

Roadside Lawyer are a group I was put onto by someone on this group, and certainly their advice was good in the first instance. When the demands started coming thicker and faster however I went for the easy option of paying them to sort out my argument with the PPC, again, recommended by someone on this group.

Alas, now I have the court order!

Roadside Lawyer are a group I was put onto by someone on this group, and certainly their advice was good in the first instance. When the demands started coming thicker and faster however I went for the easy option of paying them to sort out my argument with the PPC, again, recommended by someone on this group.

I cannot believe that anyone on this forum would for one second recommend a course of action that involved paying a PPC, or paying a third party to do something that your could so easily do yourself. Which is to ignore all threats from a PPC.

Who was it? Name and shame them, otherwise others will be wasting their money.

Are you sure this is a real court order?

PPC's dont usually do court.

Need more info mate.

Meanwhile, do as my real name said and demand your money back from Roadside Lawyer, whoever they are. Sounds like another [problem] to me.

jed