Help with GE Money Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please can someone help me, I have a claim against GE for all the fees/charges ect that have been added to our mortgage, we have now complained to the FOS about these but recived a letter yesterday from GE basically asking me to call them to let them know how I wanted this matter to be settled and that my complaint would have a considerable delay with the FOS before they are able to consider our complaint and that this may give us the opportunity to settle the matter between us in a much shorter timescale and that if I was agreeable we could discussn it over the telephoneor I could set out exactly what my expectations are for the settlement so they can understand if there is room for a negotiated early settlement.

I have replied and told GE that I wish the FOS to look at my complaint as I have give them plenty of time to settle my complaint and they havent!

We took out our first mortgage with GE in Sept 2004, but I cannot remember which broker we used and need their details so I have just recently sent a SAR to GE for the details on this mortgage as PPI was included on the agreement and I now want to claim this back also, does anyone have any idea of any brokers GE (well IGroup at the time) used as I would like to send a SAR to the brokers also, I am sure if I see the name I will remember!

I remember at the time we were in a mess with our finances and the brokers sent a sales man to my house to complete all of the paperwork, and that at the time they did a cash back when we got the PPi with the mortgage, now after reading everything on here about GE, secret commissions etc I want to gather as much evidence as I can to send to the FOS, the current complaint we have with them is with regards to this mortgage and our current mortgage which we took out when we moved as they would not allow us to move our old mortgage and I have issues with the fact that at the time Sept 2005 they said they didnt deal with new mortgages directly and GE gave us the number of Loans Etc to call, we paid a broker fee of £1610 added onto our mortgage for this company and really they did not do their job they only looked at GE Money no other company, so if anyone has any ideas of brokers that IGroup used at this time as I really want to get this sent into the FOS and let them look at it all

Thanks

Maz

I am unable to offer any constructive advice, other than that already given by andrew.. DO NOT phone them, you require everything in writing else they could say one thing on the phone and deny it at a later stage.

IMHO, letting the FOS deal with it is the best way.

If you have had no response by this evening, I will try and find someone who will be able to advise.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I took out a loan in the same year and the broker was Promise Finance which is based in Birmigham. I am trying to get paperwork from this broker as they didn't recommend anybody else, just IGroup which I should have picked up on at the time.