right - here we go then! Garrfy13 vs HSBC (personal acc)

garrfy13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am new to this, I have spent days browsing through the site and looking at the FAQ's and other threads, and i think that I ready to start attack!

The date today is 11th August, and I have sent an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter to HSBC, sent to The Data Protection Manager, HSBC Bank PLC, 8 Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ. I hope (and think) that this is the correct person to address to?

I wasnt too sure who to make the cheque payable to, so sent the £10 cheque made out to HSBC Bank PLC. I hope that this is correct.

I have sent this second class, and will hopefully get something within the next 40 days. As soon as the 40 days come, or I get a response (whichever comes first), I will keep this thread posted.

If anyone has any advise in the meantime, please feel free to post!

Gareth

[I][COLOR=darkred][B]Garrfy13[/B][/COLOR][/I] [I][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]HSBC - sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter 11/08/06[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

No advice as such Gareth! Just read through all the cases on here, bone up on the procedures of making your claim and you'll be fine! Your money will come!

Shame you didn't send it recorded delivery, it's only a quid and you can check they've got the letter then!

28/07/06 - Prelim letter sent to HSBC for £3648

31/07/06 - Letter rec'd at HSBC

14/08/06 - LBA sent to HSBC

16/08/06 - LBA rec'd at HSBC

22/08/06 - Finally!! first reply from HSBC offering £2000

23/08/06 - Letter to HSBC declining offer, saying I want ALL my money!!

31/08/06 - MCOL filed for £4551.96, to be deemed served on 06/09/06

05/09/06 - HSBC Acknowledge claim

22/09/06 - DG Solicitors offer full amount in settlement, I accept!!

27/09/06 - Full amount paid into my acount

28/09/06 - Full amount taken out of my account!!!!!:mad:

29/09/06 - Cheque arrives, FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!! with all their account details in a letter adressed to me!!!

29/09/06 - HSBC refuse to pay money back into my account

If I have been of any help, please click on the scales in the top right corner! :)

perhaps, though I did read somewhere on the site that you wouldnt need to. Still I guess it would have been best to be sure. I assume that I can still send second letter if I dont receive a response to this letter?

[I][COLOR=darkred][B]Garrfy13[/B][/COLOR][/I] [I][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]HSBC - sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter 11/08/06[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

Exactly! You'll probably find you get your cheque returned as well!

Are you able to access your account online? This will give you your 6 years worth of statements.

29/09/06 - Cheque arrives, FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!! with all their account details in a letter adressed to me!!!

If I have been of any help, please click on the scales in the top right corner! :)

I dont have internet banking for my personal account. I never have done for personal accounts - just business accounts. The other thing is that this particular account is a closed one (has been for about 6 months).

One thing that I have just wondered - if I get x amount for all the bank charges for another account (I am doing one account at a time - to see how it goes!) that is currently active, and then after claim has been paid, I suffer more charges, then can I claim again for the same account? (obviously different time period)

hope the above makes sense?!

If the charges are being placed on your account during your claim process, then you simply add them onto the total being claimed as you go along.

However, you may only get the one go at claiming on each account. I don't know how other banks have been behaving, but HSBC have been known to close peoples accounts if they make more than one claim on each account.

This is where having the parachute account comes in handy!

Good lukc with your claim, I'm two days ahead of you but recorded delivery.

However not showing as signed for.

As I understand it they have 14 days from reciept to say they got your letter and 40 days to send statements, Seems to be about 2 weeks before you get your statements then calc up and straight off with your first approach.

I'm hoping mine adds up to as much as I am expecting

09-08-2006 - Data Protection Act Sent - It Begins :o

10-08-2006 - Your item with reference was delivered from our POPLAR Delivery Office

My HSBC story as it develops HERE

mmm.. that may be a problem, as I have two business accounts with HSBC as well, and I dont want them to close these two accounts. We shall see. But thanks for the advice. (I know that I have definately suffered a lot of bank charges on one of them!) I also have a joint account with HSBC - again lots and lots of charges there. On top of that, I have charges on my personal account with Lloyds TSB, and have a bank account running alongside the mortgage account with Woolwich (though dont think that one is too bad).

I will give this one a go first, see how this fight goes, and then when I have leant how it all works will more than likely proceed with the others. I will keep this board notified of what is happening...

Keep going, you'll get the money!

Thanks Riflez. Good luck with your claim. It's good that there are people who are going through the same as you, and good that there are people just a step or two ahead as well. I too think that I am owed quite a lot on this account over the 5 years...so fingers crossed!! Much needed money back in my pocket!

• 1 month later...

I have finally received all bank statements (not a breakdown of the charges!) so I will be going through each and every statement, and working out what the charges have been over the last 6 years! The good news is that they returned my £10 cheque!!

Can someone please just confirm - I am able to claim back ALL bank charges?

The letter I received ahead of my statements from the bank said that some of these charges were due to manual intervention. The letter didnt say anymore than that - so I would assume that I can continue to chase ALL charges?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

sorry - didnt realise that there was a response to my query. There was no information at all on the manual intervention charges, and is not clear on the site - they all look like standard charges.

I will send the next letter out then...

• 1 month later...

What with one thing or another, I have not had the chance to send the 2nd letter out to the good folks at HSBC. I have done it today! I am also starting at stage one again on a second account (joint account - again at HSBC!)