style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , I had a visit from the bailiffs, for this years council tax 09-10 and part of 08-09, plus around £600 in 08 for a previous address.

What I would like to know is, is it law that the concil should inform me that the debt has gone to the bailiff as they have not done this. I did not let him in, I told him I had applied for c/t rebate and rent and had 2 children and single.

I would like to write to the council asking them to take the debt back and possibley take an amount from my wages every month but I have no idea what to state, would anyone be able to help please? I would be most grateful. Many Thanks

Guest Happy Contrails
is it law that the concil should inform me that the debt has gone to the bailiff as they have not done this.[/b]

Yes, the law says the council must send you a 'final notice' Regulation 33/34 of the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992

Hi , I had a visit from the bailiffs, for this years council tax 09-10 and part of 08-09, plus around £600 in 08 for a previous address.

What I would like to know is, is it law that the concil should inform me that the debt has gone to the bailiff as they have not done this. I did not let him in, I told him I had applied for c/t rebate and rent and had 2 children and single.

Have you heard back about your Benefits yet.

I would like to write to the council asking them to take the debt back and possibley take an amount from my wages every month but I have no idea what to state, would anyone be able to help please? I would be most grateful. Many Thanks

Would imagine that they will not do this because of the amount(s) outstanding, however seeing as Bailiffs are now involved they will try to screw you for as much as possible.

Has the Bailiff left you any paperwork yet? Chances are he will try to charge for 3 visits at a time and anything else he can get away with. Do you know how much the Liability Order(s) are for, if not get on to the Council and find out. Will what you are offering to pay make a hole in what you owe as you can pay online but will need the appropriate reference numbers or everything will come off one account. Post what you can and more will be here to help and advise.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

many thanks for replies.

I do have the liability orders, and they all are same amounts as the bailiffs except of course him putting on 24.50 for each x3. Without 09-10 which still has time to be paid off b4 march, it adds up to 625 outstanding. I have wrote aletter this afternoon asking for it to be taken out of my wages, and asking why I was not sent a letter advising me it was going to the bailiffs.

I have heard nothing from the benefit office which is nearly a month.I earn 750 a mth with 80mth child benefit, no working tax/family tax.

I do have the ref nos. I dont get paid till 27th so will make an automated payment then of 25.00£.

thank you for taking the time to reply it is very much appreciated.

many thanks for replies.

I do have the liability orders, and they all are same amounts as the bailiffs except of course him putting on 24.50 for each x3.

If they have only made 1 visit and have asked to collect on all 3 orders then all they are entitled to charge is 1 x £24-50. Obviously if they have made 3 visits and are only collecting on each separate Order then they are then entitled to 3 visit fees.

Without 09-10 which still has time to be paid off b4 march, it adds up to 625 outstanding. I have wrote aletter this afternoon asking for it to be taken out of my wages, and asking why I was not sent a letter advising me it was going to the bailiffs.

I have heard nothing from the benefit office which is nearly a month.I earn 750 a mth with 80mth child benefit,

It may pay to remind them you are waiting - even if they can't give a definitive answer they should be able to say whether it will be granted or not.

no working tax/family tax.

I do have the ref nos. I dont get paid till 27th so will make an automated payment then of 25.00£.

thank you for taking the time to reply it is very much appreciated.

You do not have to deal with the Bailiff. Even if the Council refuse to take the debt back or do anything else you can still pay online. Sometimes after 2 or 3 payments like this they will then take it back. As for your lovely visitor it will probably make hime Mr Angry but as long as he cannot levy on anything that is his tough luck.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]