Can you advise re defaults and credit reports

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my friend has two defaults dating back to 11/2003, however on his credit report it says...file updated for the period to 6/2004, what does this mean exactly? I'm fairly certain he hasn't acknowledged or paid anything towards these debts.

Also, I found a default letter which states I owe £98, but on my credit report it says £300, this is re Littlewoods, default placed by Phoenix recoveries. I have letters from Littlewoods stating I owe £380, this may be due to charges etc. confusing!

If anyone can help I would appreciate it, especially for my friend who is getting married next year and trying to sort his finances out!

HI, Look at the bits in red

Hi, my friend has two defaults dating back to 11/2003, however on his credit report it says...file updated for the period to 6/2004, what does this mean exactly? I'm fairly certain he hasn't acknowledged or paid anything towards these debts.

The reporting period is when the original creditor last updated the file. They've obviously not bothered since June 04. My advice, don't rock the boat. This debt may already be Statute Barred (depending on payments made)

Also, I found a default letter which states I owe £98, but on my credit report it says £300, this is re Littlewoods, default placed by Phoenix recoveries. I have letters from Littlewoods stating I owe £380, this may be due to charges etc. confusing!

This has probably been sold by Littlewoods as Phoenix have replaced Littlewoods as the OC. Some dates would be useful

If anyone can help I would appreciate it, especially for my friend who is getting married next year and trying to sort his finances out!

Hope that helps

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If he was defaulted around 11/03 and he has made no payments nor acknowledged the debt (in writing) the debt will be SB by 11/09

The cause of action (not the default date) is when the SB clock starts ticking.

For example, your friend stopped paying in August 03, the OC starts making late payment markers on his credit file in september and october then defaults him in November, the cause of action (I believe) would be September 03.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Well it should drop off his file anytime soon. If anyone tries to collect then a stern bog off letter with the terms "Statute Barred" should suffice.

its for them to prove it not statute barred not for you to prove it is.

you've [he's] just got a phishing letter list.

ignore all the letters etc.

even if you reply, it will make no diff

the list will just be sold on.

they dont tell each other they are SB debts. else they won't buy the debt!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thankyou fox and dx,

My friend just gets fed up with all the letters that arrive! he's tempted to call them but I said NO. These people hope that you haven't heard of Consumeractiongroup and therefore don't know your rights. I think he just needs to sit tight for a bit longer.

Thanks to the helpful advice I have recieved on here, I stopped making payments that I couldn't really afford and told a debt collector that arrived at my door without an appointment to come back next week, then I told him I would pay it back at £5 a month and not a penny more! :)

I used to be too scared to open the letters before I found this site.

Thanks again, hope it's a sunny day wherever you are as it is here in Dorset!

I stopped making payments that I couldn't really afford and told a debt collector that arrived at my door without an appointment to come back next week, then I told him I would pay it back at £5 a month and not a penny more! :)

I used to be too scared to open the letters before I found this site.

Thanks again, hope it's a sunny day wherever you are as it is here in Dorset!

well i hope you checked the Co. has a CCA?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...