abbey credit card - looks unenforceable??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again to everyone - Abbey have replied to my request

The agreement is very difficult to read - doesn't appear to have many of the prescribed T&Cs. Can anyone have a look for me please?

Also, very strangely, abbey (santander) have said in their letter that the state of the account is nil outstanding, and nil unpaid. Does this mean they have sold the account to a 3rd party? At my reckoning there was approx £2000 o/s.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz211/clare007/abbey1.jpg

Edited by cerberusalert
Img removed, it shows your name & address.

Thanks huff and puff. I am a bit confused by the enclosing letter though. Abbey states that the

"state of account, total sum paid £919. Outstanding balance is 0.00..Total sum which has been payable under the agreement but unpaid by the client £0."

I know the balance is more like £2800, - do you think abbey has made a mistake or sold the account on? or could it be most of the balance comprised the excessive charges they levied and they have now removed them? is this just wishful thinking? Anyway I have composed a letter = does this sound ok?

Thank you for your prompt reply to my request for a true copy of my credit agreement.

I note that you state in your letter dated 17 September 2009, that the state of the account is as follows:

The total sum paid £919.62 and the outstanding balance £0.00. Total sum which has become payable under the agreement but unpaid by the client - £0.00.”

I would be most grateful if you could now confirm that this account is satisfied, or whether you have indeed passed this account to a 3rd party, and if so, please provide details

I would appreciate your prompt response

Yours sincerely

Why stir it up by writing to them if they have made an error just wait for them or a third party to contact you

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

where are the APR figures?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON