Taking Easy Jet to Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As already outlined in my post "Easy jet EU Carrier yes or No", I am in a dispute with them regarding a flight cancellation and payment of compensation in line with EU law and regulation

They have not replied to any letter (two so far), what is the time frame I should wait before handing in a claim at a small claims court, i.e. what is a reasonable amount of time to wait and how many reminders do I have to send ?

Also, do I have to travel to Luton to the small claims court there to hand the claim in or can I do this at my local court ? I have never done this, so any help would be appreciated !!

Something else I just thought of

If no response from Easy Jet or unsatisfactory response from them, should my next step be to complain to the CAA first or should I go straight to the Small Claims Court ? I have read somewhere the CAA is supposed to enforce Eu regulations regarding airlines in the UK, but on their website it says in the small print the CAA has no powers to make airlines accept their views. So how can they enforce anything ?

I don't know if a complaint to them would have any impact or just waste more time ?

Has anybody got any thoughts on that ?

Also we were travelling as a family of four. We made one booking for four persons (all paying full price). The compensation for cancellation as per EU regulations in our circumstances would be 250 Euro per passenger. Does that mean we can claim 4 x 250 Euro for each familiy member or just once as it was one booking ?

Hi Nicole,

Guardian Unlimited Money | Travel | New hope for air passengers as the grounded fly high in court

Thanks for you advice on the other thread, I thought this link may help answer you questions re 4 people travelling. It looks a though you can claim per ticket, but I guess if it is young children travelling free then you couldn't claim. Also there is some helpful stuff on the Which website with regards compensation.

http://www.which.co.uk/files/application/pdf/FlightRightsA4-445-90214.pdf

I think it's worth informing the CAA but still taking action through the small claims court because I've read that they are inundated with complaints. I've also read that you can add interest to the court claim 8%.

I'm thinking of taking court action if Easy Jet don't reply to my recorded delivery letter. I'll let you know how it goes.

Kerry