Help With Fixed Penalty Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i recieved a endorsable fixed penalty notice today for driving through a no entry road accidentally.

but the issue is on the fixed penalty notice slip the police officer gave me, he didnt write my first name or surname on it.

do i still need to pay the £60 and take the 3 points.

i was thinking its got no name on it, so who are they going to prosecute?

or do i need to write to someone, if so who.

thanks

Edited by kaz_1

Your details go on the copy of the FPN that he keeps, thats why you don't see them.

Presumably he wrote the registration on the FPN if there is space for it.

Others can comment further but I would suggest its a done deal.

i have got the top copy and he didnt write my name, he wrote my dob and address etc.

the officer even came round my house afterwards to see the slip but i didnt show it, he said he was going to save me £60 but i thought he just wanted to to change it so never showed it...

shall i ring them or send them part c back saying i want to go court, but then i have to write my name, and i dont want to give em that cos they aint got it, and ill be giving them more info than theyve got...

also do you get £60 and 3 points for offence code e65 contravening no entry sign?

Edited by kaz_1

Your details go on the copy of the FPN that he keeps, thats why you don't see them.

Presumably he wrote the registration on the FPN if there is space for it.

Others can comment further but I would suggest its a done deal.

That won't be a copy then ? ? Isn't the top sheet kept by the issuing officer and a copy given to the motorist ?

no the original top copy is given to the motorist, it says on the water mark driver copy through it, the officer hasnt written my name on this..

Edited by kaz_1

That won't be a copy then ? ? Isn't the top sheet kept by the issuing officer and a copy given to the motorist ?

In my force the top copy is issued to the motorist and we keep the second copy.

For some tickets the top copy only has day, date, time, index number of the vehicle and a space for officer details. Then on the copy we keep there is space for the driver details, address, dob etc.

Kaz,

As stated above - the mistake makes it unenforceable.

What happens when a ticket is issued, is that the officer returns to the nick. Does his bits and pieces and then submits the ticket to the office that deals with the collection. The ticket has a serial number on it and should have your name , address etc. If you were to send your licence (both parts) and your payment , along with your ticket to the office; they would not know who's licence to accept for endorsement. Because your name is not on the ticket. In fact they would send the licence back to you not having been endorsed. The fact that your name is missing from the ticket, means that a vital piece of evidence is missing. Therefore the ticket is invalid. NOW, some people might assume that the officer can just write your name on the copy he has, but that would stand out like a sore thumb, plus of course you could produce your copy - the top and original copy - that shows your name does not appear on the ticket. So therefore he cannjot process the ticket. The reason he attended your home was to get your copy, place it over the copy he has then write your name on on the top copy - so that your name appears on his copy as a carbon copy as opposed to original ink. The he could have processed the ticket. SO as it stands he cannot process the ticket = therefore no action by your good self. He did however have a remedy for his mistake in that he could have told you when he attended your home that he was going to report you for summons. That would have meant he would have to caution you again and then record all your details in his pocket book etc etc. If he has not done that then there will be no further action by him. He wont forget to put someones name on a ticket again in a hurry.

Cheers - Scousegeezer

Cheers - Scousegeezer.

Kaz,

Is the producer on the copy you have? if so does it have your name on it? If your name is not on the copy/producer - NO you dont have to produce. As stated above - the fact that your name is not on the ticket makes the whole thing unenforceable. Can you scan a copy of what you have onto this thread - I will then have a look at it and let you know for definite.

Cheers - Scousegeezer

Kaz,

As there is no name - you dont have to produce. Who's details are they going to take - cos it doesnt tell them - they dont know. Who is the document telling to produce - no-one, cos there isnt a name on it. The WHOLE thing is unenforceable . Dont produce - Dont pay - IGNORE.

Cheers - Scousegeezer