Pooh -v- Barclays loan a/c

pooh1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an issue with Barclays in that I never changed my address on the account when moved home because they always wanted me to go in an sign papers etc. I didn't ever do this because of working (I was freelance at the time and not working meant nor getting paid which I couldn't afford) and either having to make an appointment or sit in a branch for two hours at a time.

I left the address as the original one on the account and as it still is. However, because I wrote to them from my new address they wrote back and said they couldn't action my request for a true copy of the credit agreement. I have since received demands and letters from a third party debt collector at my current address.

When I received the first one I called and asked why they were writing to me at an address not on the account. They said they had written to me at my current address before etc (which they had NOT) as they found it thorugh a trace service. I asked them to send copies of any letters sent to my new address which they did not. |(I know it is not wise to call etc but I have a name and the time/date I called).

They advised me a number of times they could not change the address unless I went into a branch to change the address etc yet they chase me for money at my new address.

They have breached the data protection act and gone against their own advise.

Please can someone help me with this.

Thanks,

P1

Hi Pooh,

Is this about a loan a/c with Barclays or a Barclycard a/c. Please confirm so I can move your post into your own new thread, to avoid hijacking another user's thread.

I see the point you're making but I don't think that:-

1. The address issue is a breach of the Data Protection Act.

2. This will assist you in getting sight of a credit agreement (which is damned-near impossible at the best of times !!).

I suggest you write to B's and say:-

" It is clear the bank is happy to write to my new address to chase for payments, so would you also now comply with my CCA request (copy enclosed for reference) within the next 7 days.

In view of the delays which you have already caused, I require your reply within 7 days or formal complaints will be made to the FOS and/or the ICO."

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hi have just read the last couple of posts with intrest barclaycard are very odd i belive they have breached data protection with me also move address again august 2008 and started getting barclaycard statments at current adress after advising by phone this continued until about june 09 the accounts in question are a barclay card gold and a barclays platinum credit card ex msdw anyway cutting a long story short i cca barclaycard for orig agreements both cards 28th aug still nothing i had consistent harrasing phonecall round 29th aug so rang barclaycard hardship number was told that barclaycard gold statments were being sent to address in birmingham which we previosly rented and he was sure they must of come here by way of redirection told they will stop sending these statements to that address but i obviously do not know if anydefault charges put on acount etc they have told me only way i can change address is go into branch i work as a supply teacher and our local branch is shut on a saterday so how they expect me to change address is beyond me and poinmt 2 how come it came here and now doesnot does anyone belive data protection laws broke

Hi Gazab,

Please start yourself a new thread in the BC forum where we'll be happy to help.

:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Pooh,

Here's your new thread - no probs.

:cool: