Debt Collection, CCA Requests and Paying What You Owe :-)

katpuss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think the point is that most would pay if they could. When you are treated like a criminal for asking for help during financial difficulties, you fight back.

Then getting deeper into what the banks have been doing, you naturally want things redressed.

It has been a real eye opener for me. I got into trouble with cards and the like. Tried to clear them by taking out loans and extending my mortgage - with out full success.

Then MBNA set MRA onto me. The first contact with them was them calling before 8am one morning. My wife answered the phone - they were so rude to her she put the phone down on them, and it isn't even her debt (and she is usually more polite than to do that).

I had never heard of MRA until then - a search brought me here and I found out the truth about them.

Since that time I have been lied to, threatened, harrassed and generally mis-treated - even though I have been trying to pay what I owe.

Now - they have to prove to me that the debt is enforeable and I don't take calls from the DCA monkeys (other than for baiting and sport).

Any goodwill the banks had with me has now gone.

I wrote to my MP, fat lot of good he was.

My wife volunteers at a charity which helps vulnerable young women, particularly with pregnancies. Whilst not super high numbers, there have been a reasonable number of these young women who have prostituted themselves in order to get out of the spiral of debt that unfair bank charges cause and the pressure that DCAs put them under.

Banks and morality are words that don't fit together on the same page.

I don't know how the bank bosses sleep at night - I couldn't, and I don't because of their bullying.

Rant over.

Regards,

Mike

i can only echo whats been said here already.

i was given vast sums of credit when i was 18.

i found myself unable to pay also unable to claim on the ppi and passed to the pack of dca's, who tried to harass, threaten and imtimidate me into paying.

so i feel no sympathy for the banks and dca's we are expected to adhere to their rules and regs or we lose money so why shouldnt the same apply to them

Heres my thoughts.

In 2004-5 I had a successful business made six figures and was a private client with HSBC with savings and multiple credit cards with between £10k-£25 credit limits and only used them for major purchases for the 90 day protection or expense account so all were cleared at the end of the month.

I was presented with a business opportunity which meant after releasing my savings I needed extra so raised this through a bank loan and releasing credit card cash as the intention was this would be returned in less than 3 months.

Needless to say it was poor decision actually a [problem] and I lost the lost.

When I turned to my bank for support nothing was forthcoming and I realised I was in deep Sh*t , especially when HSBC sold my accounts onto Phoenix.

So lets stop and pause......

My private account manager Martin called to my house, discussed my situation and agreed a loan plus an increase in overdraft/card facility and seem very excited about my proposition.

When I needed support my account didn't qualify for private clients any more and the person at the other end of the phone Tracey or Lisa was quite sympathetic but couldn't help.

When the account was sold to Pheonix they split it between Largo and Marlin and I called Largo to see if I could negotiate to be told..."we are going to make you bankrupt"

Luckily by that time I had just found CAG so although petrified could see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Due to incompetence on HSBC/ MCS and Pheonix they messed up enough for me to get the account acknowledged as unenforceable.

My original business failed but having an entrepreneurial spirit and a business background,despite a poor credit history have manage to resurrect a contracts and although the golden days are gone I am self sufficient and making enough to be comfortable and could have repaid some of this back to them if they had stayed loyal to me.

So in summary....I took my money from HSBC who credit risked me and I thought I had a personal relationship with ...they sold this to a company who just wanted to get it secured on my property without thought to my personal circumstances I find that morally repugnant by both Bank and DCA and they don't deserve a penny of my families money in those circumstances...

Live Life-Debt Free