In House Capital One "DCA" Calling Me at Work...Annoyed and need advice!

katpuss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Have a debt with Capital One and am paying them via my CCCS DMP.

Anyway they have sent me lots of texts asking me to call them which I won't as it is an 0870 number so I emailed them instead....

And now they are calling me non stop at work....they try my house phone first which my husband answers as I am at work....they then phone my mobile and hang off as soon as I answer......then then phone my work number and despite me telling them that I am work and can't speak they carry on the phonecall which I have to eventually hang up on.

Is there anyone I can complain to about this as it's very embarassing :-(

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

yep send the harrasment letter..tell them if they ring you again in work you will have to charge them £15.00 to come to the phone as you are losing money having to take the calls.. if they ring at home, what I do is say one moment please..put phone on table and go for a long long long sit down and a cup of tea...they soon get the message once it starts to cost them money in lost time and calls.

to whom it may concern

account no.xxxxxxxx

dear sir/madam

any personal visits that you care to employ will not be accepted and viewed as harassment - Administration Of Justice Act 1970, please ensure that any contact by yourselves is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls Protection From Harassment Act 1997, Communications Act 2003. If you continue to harass me by telephone I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office Of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine

May I remind you, there is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, Police attendance.

your faithfully

you can try this if you like

Thanks guys, will try the letter and see what happens.

I'd like to see them try to visit me at my propery, boot up the rear springs to mind along with various choice words!

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

go up on the internet site and remove all your phone numbers replacing them with properly formatted 0's!

works a treat

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cap One have now stopped calling after I threatened them ( on the phone ) with further legal action on the terms of harassment.

Thanks for your advice.