Mike v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Mike

As Michael says, it is up to you.

However, you might find it of further interest to read through my thread ‘Halifax persist with unlawful charges’ where I was kindly given advice by both Michael and jonni2bad.

You can read the letter I finally sent in the thread ‘DeviousDame Vs Halifax (Need Advice Please) #16

As I said in a previous reply, HMCS will give them 14 days to reply irrespective.

PeterG

• 4 weeks later...

I am now about to file with MCOL, doing it at this very minute. I've looked all over for the particulars of claim to fill out online,(a shorter version of the N1 claim) seen it loads of times and now cant find it. If anyone has a copy or knows where i can find it, can you please let me know.

Many thanks....... Mike.

I wish I had a pound for every time Ive posted this!!!!

Claimant has account (A/C No) with Defendant from (Date a/c opened)conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of (£0.00 = amount of charges claimed) taken by Defendant in charges over (X) years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from(Date of 1st charge) to (Date of filing claim) of (£0.00 =The interest in the 8% spreadsheet calculation) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00p = Amount of charges claimed x 0.00022).

Thanks very much Michael, I would willingly give you a pound mate, your help is so very much appreciated. I actually found it just after my last post & have been busy filing my MCOL, all done now & i feel loads better for getting that bit out of the way.

Just 1 querie i have now, Do i need to send off my schedule of claims to anyone. I have 3 copy's all printed off as my original plan was to file in person using the N1 claim form. MCOL was so easy & less time consuming.

I wish I had a pound for every time Ive posted this!!!!

Now, now, does it really cost you a £1 to post.....???? :lol::lol::lol:

Halifax Plc - £1,956.00 + £360.15 interest = £2316.15

Preliminary Letter Sent - 7/8/2006

Standard blah, blah Letter arrived - 12/8/2006

LBA Letter Sent - 21/8/2006

Filed Moneyclaim - 04/09/2006

Moneyclaim Issued - 05/09/2006

Moneyclaim Acknowledged - 06/09/2006

**Settled in Full** - 11/09/2006

Barclays Bank Plc - Statements arrived - £250.00

Preliminary Letter Sent - 12/9/2006

Step-by-Step Instructions

A Good Place to Start

I have filed my claim & recieved a letter from MCOL today just saying my claim has been issued & will be deemed served on 17/9/06. I also got a letter from Halifax with yet another charge of £39. Can i claim this back too, is it too late to add it onto my claim. If not, what should i do to add this extra charge on?

Thanks...... Mike.

Just an update on my claim. I filed my MCOL on 11/9/06, had a letter back from them the next day to say it had been issued & deemed to be served on 17/9/06. I just checked MCOL to see it had already been acknowledged. I guess i just sit back & wait now.

Hi All, I recieved a letter from Halifax this morning & before i jump for joy, i would like to say 'A MASSIVE MASSIVE THANK YOU' to Michael Browne, Mechs, PeterG, & Everyone who has posted in my thread for all the help & support you gave me throughout my claim. Also to all those people & site helpers who keep this site going & continually updated. Without any of you guys & this site of course, i would never of gotten anywhere. Your help was & is so much appreciated.

Well after saying my thank you's, I guess the only thing left to say is...............

WOO HOO! I WON.

Halifax have agreed to re-unite me with my money. Total of £3979.40.

I shall fill out the survey & once money is here be making my donation.

Thanks Again Everyone, & for those just starting or part way through a claim,

STICK WITH IT.

congratulations Mike as for the help this is what the site is all about, can you please keep us updated then when you recieve your money we can then change the thread title

Thanks

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.