Clear Pay and Display signs ? Bristol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok.. i was in a parking bay .. which does have a single yellow line .. i did not see a sign apart from that on the pay and display meter .. i will go back in the week and find what signs are there and what they say .. i suspect they are the correct signs, i know though that they are not visible from the area where we parked as the road has a slight curve.. i would say they are approx 10 car spaces away at the other p&d meter.

@pin1onu - " A TRO is public document and the council is obliged to have it available for anyone to view" .. so do i just email and ask them to send me the TRO for this parking bay/this road or is it just one document to cover all of bristol? should i be requesting a hard copy version or simply asking where this document is available for public viewing?

In a word yes. They may have an electronic document available but it is usually better to go in and see the original. There have been instances (with other councils) where there have been amendments made in pen that render the whole document invalid.

AIUI there should be a TRO for the bays themselves that state the restrictions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@pin1onu - amendments made in pen eh! LOL .. so do i go to this place Traffic Management, 4th Floor, Wilder House, Wilder Street ?or just to the main council building at College Green to see these TRO documents?

@greenandmean - i really appreciate your input on this .. i will check if the bays are still marked as they are on google .. i would never have thought to question things like correct regulation bay markings!

@pin1onu - amendments made in pen eh! LOL .. so do i go to this place Traffic Management, 4th Floor, Wilder House, Wilder Street ?or just to the main council building at College Green to see these TRO documents?

I'd call them first and tell them what you want to do.They should direct you to the right place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------