Advice regarding Virgin Media requested please

lew247
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, not been on these forums for ages now,

I have had Virgin Media since I moved to Manchester sometime in 2003.

I was happy at first, had a few late payments due to bills not arriving in time to pay, went to E-billing when asked and then got no bills for 6 months or more, they called asking for full payment plus late payment charges, I cant remember how much I agreed to pay but they agreed a less amount than was owed.

This was a good few years ago, since then I mainly have been on paper billing and at first had a direct debit set up and to me all seemed fine,.

I then got really sick and several periods in hospital, so there wasn't going to be much money in the bank account I cancelled the direct debit, called Virgin Media and asked to be billed.

They then for however long sent me out bills but each bill contained a late paytment charge plus non DD charge.

From what I remember the late payment charge was on each bill as they never arrived in time to pay, and the next bill was being produced.

I cant remember the exact details as I had brain surgery while in hospital and trying to remember things exactly with no reference is extremely hard.

What I'd like to know is, can I ask for copies of ALL bills and payments, even those bills that were meant to be E-bills, Oh i remember now why some didnt get paid, for some reason their bills never arrived, even thoguh it was an NTL email address, they just never turned up even after complaining.

Anyway I would like a copy of EVERY bill, and EACH payment including a full breakdown showing charges.

I'd also like a copy of every letter and telephone call made to them..

I understand? there are two ways to get lists of charges bills etc, one costing £10 and one costing £1 I think the SAR is £10 while the other one is something to do with a DPA request I honestly cannot remember though

Which is best, cheapest, quickets, will definately work to get the list of all bills, payments, and charges paid and owed?

I'd also like to have the credit reference agencies updated when they remove these charges to NOT show that I owed them money at the time, or I was late paying when it was their fault it was late most months. Is this possible?

Sorry for making this sound so complex, but its hard to write down exactly what I see in my mind these days, I start writing something then get distracted for a microsecond and lose where I was.

Oh I forgot to say, when I started with Virgin, I had the full works, then eventually got rid of the tv and went to sky, and then got rid of the telephone and went to BT, and eventually got rid of the phone and moved to O2 boradband.

So since the start of this year sometime I have had no Virgin services whatsoever.

I didn't want to start any kind of claim while I still had their services as I imagined it might get nasty.

send them a sars letter requesting all the info they hold on you, you have to send a postal order for £10 for all that info but then you should be able to sort out all your late payment charges and start a claim to get them back. i dont know but about virgin but someone should be along soon with more detailed advise for you.

fire them off an SAR

that should give you everything.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks.

I've seen several different addresses for Virgin Media, in Manchester and London, which should I send the request to, and which address to send queries regarding charges, and when it gets that far which do I send the letter before action to? as I know I wont be happy with the first reply.

Many thanks.

I've seen several different addresses for Virgin Media, in Manchester and London, which should I send the request to, and which address to send queries regarding charges, and when it gets that far which do I send the letter before action to? as I know I wont be happy with the first reply.

Use the registered office address, its a legal requirement for them to include it any correspondence they send to you, usually its in small print in the bottom corner of a letter, if not then you can check on the companies house website to find the info out.

Address the letter to the Data Protection Officer by recorded delivery and include proof of your identity, like a photocopy of your driving license or passport (data controllers are legally obliged to confirm your identity before sending information).

I'd also be as specific as possible about the data you require. If you simply ask them for everything your likely to get reams of irrelevant info that you don't want or need, which you'll then have to wade through to find the stuff you do want.