Adams Credit Card

knapper78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure if this is in the right section, My wife paid her Adams credit card bill using her online bank account, she has since received a bill stating that she missed her last payment and they have put charges on the account. My wife went to her bank and they confirmed that the payment was received by Adams and have gave her all the reference numbers, my wife rang Adams and they were really unhelpful, they actually tried to get her to pay and then they would refund back on to her card if she was right?!?!? They have asked to have the proof faxed over to them but when I try it won't work on the number they have provided, are there any letter templates out there for any similar situations that I could send to them?

Many thanks

If you have proof that your wife has paid the account in full by having a copy of the bank statement then you don't have to pay anything.

Do you have a final copy of a statement from adams stating that the balance is zero?

• Haha 1

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Just digging back into my mental archives

I had a similar experience just before the Woolwich became Barclays, remember those days when at least they made you feel a bit more than just a number lol

I assume the same still applies now as then

I was told that as they (The Woolwich) could prove that I made my contractual payment on time and in good faith the fact that it was not received at the other end was not my problem

We're back down to the onus of proof being with Adams and with regards to charges being put on the account I'm sure these can be claimed back

If you can't fax the required proof of payment to them just send it Recorded Delivery and await the reply

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=