MBNA - say defaulted me but send a default notice???

willtheywontthey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems the MBNA are accustomed to paying me £300 each time correspondence gets lost / goes elsewhere. Perhaps it's only because the first time I wrote to my MP mentioning the SAR mess-up and their never-ending phone calls. Since then they've been behaving (until recently).

• 1 year later...

Scenario:

SAR brings in usual data and statements for say 6 years but account opened before that - say 8 or 10.. You complain to OC that they've only given 6 years worth of info. The OC then replies we've only got 6 years worth of data (via ICO complaint usually).....

so in court does a 'gap' of years in statements complicate matters when an OC tries to justify you must have had an agreement as you spent it etc.... and what of a recon. when they have stated they only have docs from last 6 years? they cannot possibly have the original then can they (imagine they're also not answering that CUPTR question!)???

so - does the fact an OC admits they only have data going back 6 years, when account opened 6+++ years previously, help if taken to court?(Ignoring all other issues for now - keeping it simplish!)

Ok - I won;t call it a scenario 'cos you don't like those! ;)

Real situation then :)

An OC admits they only have 6 yrs worth of records / data / statements - the account started 10 years ago. How can they provide a proper recon then?

They can't (IMO).... because they have no original to compare it with.

I appreciate that it's just that if you do a scenario then you don;t have to mention which OC and which DCA and all of that pullavah......

At this stage, it doesn't matter.... many people are faced with the same kind of behaviour from these companies anyway.

:-)

god how can one person have soooooooooo many hyperthectical question threads.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...