Bank of Scot v Questioner – no. 3

questioner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bank of Scot v Questioner – no. 3

This one is quite self – explanatory and so far all I have received from BOS is the following bad scan of an application form.

BankofScotlandCCAsentjuly2009edi-1.jpg

I had previously loaded this scan onto the Ist Credit thread but looking at it now it seems quite worthless an any type of enforcement tool.

They also attached two bad scans to the alleged copy doc above, which were of letters saying Thank you for your recent application for a BOS credit card blah blah...

Later I received a paste up number of pages that was supposed to be an agreement - without any signatures on anything .

It seems to me that this strategy is all about terrifying one into compliance by just delivering any old official - looking forms with one's name on.

I have added this for interest and to show what a state they are in.

-----------------------

Hunter (DCA Scumbags)- becomes the hunted with CAG!

Edited by questioner

What gets me is that many of the accounts I have allegedly been connected to - true or otherwsie - have PPI included . I was self emlpoyed at the time and with this and other concerns propably would not have needed this costy addition. However, seeing as most CCA requests just get back crappy application form or have been allegedly lost (according to the banks) I cannot estimate how much PPI is on the accounts.

How do we claim it back in light of this when there's no figures to see and the account is disputed?

PS - I WILL ADD THIS ON THE BOS THREADS I HAVE CREATED TO SEE IF ANYONE CAN PUT ME IN THE PICTURE IN LAYMEN'S TERMS.

• 2 weeks later...

How do we claim it back in light of this when there's no figures to see and the account is disputed?

I seem to be posting this on most of your threads. Subject Access Request them. You will be asking for statements, and anything to do with the PPI.

You will be able work out what amount of PPI you have paid and then start the process of reclaiming it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy time again folks.

Bank of S have just written to say that as far as they are concerned the above application form is a proper agreement and that it is enforceable.

they are also they say now applying charges to the account in line with terms and conditions and ask me to go back to Blair olly and scot to arrange payments.

All payment stopped when this went into dispute ages ago.

They also have enclosed their complaints sheet to say how they are handling my complaint. Ho ho.

I have written of course to tell them why the messy app form is illegible/holds no prescribed terms and is none - compliment.What is wrong with these people?

They clearly want to ship this back to Blair olly and wash their hands of it.

They sort of contradict themselves as they add

I can confirm that whilst your account is with Blair olly a s charges and interst are suspended!!??

Is it me or what???

I even previously offered to pay to have the alleged agreement sent to their local office for my inspection.

I believe they have nothing but this for plus a few pages of unrelated terms that they tried my name on.

What do I do?

Maybe I shoiuld just refer them back to all my previous letters which state why this is in dispute?

It seems that long responses are wasted effort here.

Edited by questioner

Right in the bottom left corner of this chiefly illegible app form is a box for bank use only.

The prefix A N is followed by a number which is NOT the same as the one in all correspondence before.

I presume this A N means account number as it starts off like the one on all correspondence but then alters after the first six numbers........

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My records indicate that no DN was applied to this file.

However BOS appear to have terminated any contract (AND THEREFORE POTENTIALLY RESCINDED THE CONTRACT) via the following threatogram off RW...love the bit about the problem not going away shock horror!

Clearly threatening me with Blair Olly and stupid was not working

:)

RobinsonforHBOS6jan10edit.jpg

I wont waste to too much time of these Salford chuckleheads but any opinions will be conciderd - for sport.. :D

Prime concern is that BOS may have given us a gift horse here.

just seen a letter saying that they did serve a DN - CANT FIND ONE YET

I AM SUSPECTING THAT THE THE FORMAL NOTICE SEEN ABOVE MAY BE WHAT THE CALLED A DN

SAR IS OVERDUE TOO SO...

Edited by questioner

Think about it.. Bank of Scotland threatened legal action in June 2007. THEN they sent a formal demand in 2009. I rather suspect it should have been the other way round.. but there you go.

Another interesting point is that the notice of legal proceedings is on Bank of Scotland Headed paper. Yet they refer to Bank of Scotland in the body of the letter as "our clients" :confused:

Think about it .. they were really serious about legal proceedings in 2007.. what changed between then and now ?? How come they didnt carry out their earlier threat ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D