I'm so scared IUC JSA

bootylish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone i'm new to this but i have an IUC on wednesday for suspected benefit fraud. it said on the letter it was about my husbands employment. i rang the fraud services dept and when she told me what it was about i flipped!!

My partner worked for an agency last year for a reputable company as part time. for 2 weeks (possibly 1-2 more i can't really remember) he worked 8-3 mon-fri. then after that the company were moving to birmingham so he was let go. i declared it with my advisor at the JC and even remember her name and signed some documents. then the next time i signed on i told her he was no longer working for them and she said that's fine don't worry about it. the next few months after that he did the odd day as they requested my husband personally, so when i went in i declared that he had done such a such days with them and she said because it was under a certain amount of hours it didn't need declaring. now 1year later i get this letter.

Although i know i did as i needed too i am frustrated that they are doing this for no reason. I'm constantly worrying that they will find some stupid excuse and turn things around from reading alot of the posts on here (made me worse TBH). i did voluntary work beginning of this year and spoke to my advisor about it and done everything necessary for that and what if they bring that up OMG lol.

I have never been in trouble with the police etc and am not sure how to cope with this situation i know i will feel very vunrable in. I'm starting college in 2 weeks and was going to sign off anyway as i want to be a nurse but i feel if they twist things round i could get a prison sentence or criminal record of fraud which will in turn effect my future career. I'm so frightened and already feel a victim. i have 2 kids and am scared at how i will be able to feed them etc and pay bills blah blah blah.

please can you give some advice i don't know what to do. :confused:

Booty xx

Edited by bootylish
title was boring

Hi Bootylish

If you have declared all the hours your husband has worked and completed forms then there shouldnt be any problem...the odd days work here and there still needed to have been confirmed, your advisor shouldnt have told you that you didnt need to declare work under a certain limit as this is never the case, all work must be declared and verified.

It is possible that you can claim that you were misdirected by the advisor. Do you have any evidence of this? If you remember the advisor, name, time and date of the interview then it may be unenforceable as you have been misdirected.

Your voluntary work, if verified shouldnt affect your claim as voluntary workers are ok as long as its a registered charity or the work you did was something that they wouldnt normally pay someone to do.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

i do luckily remember the name of the advisor because she cocked up with me a couple of times over the last year and was verbally cautioned in front of me! i went on a course last yr through CAB's workabiity plus and this advisor who i had been with for a while told me bacause im ding the course through them i can come sign on after the course instead of my usual time which is 11am. when i turned up some woman chewing a wasp lol had a right go at her in front of me made her feel small and i felt guilty for getting her in trouble and it was the same woman who advised me about not having to declare upto a certain amount of hours. don't remember date or anything but surely it would be on my forms etc who i saw if that confirms she was my advisor at that point.

also had another thought today. my husbands mum died in feb and we were denied a funeral grant, would that be because of a case they were trying to make against us? they had him as working on their systems? we appealed it and got a measly £400!!!!!! just a thought.

Booty xx