HFC gonig to making us bankrupt

half wit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There.

My husband and I have been on reduced payments on a number of debts for around 12 months or so now, due to loss of work ect.

Last christmas ,due to having no spare income he acquired a loan from provident which he has since topped up for a number of reasons one being just to fill the cupboards with food and most certainly not being for pleasure.

He received a nasty phone call this morning saying that if we do not go back to the original payments they will take us to court and make us bankrupt.

Please somebody tell me this is not possible, we have just about kept afloat for the past 12 months with help from fantastic in-laws and I don't want to loose our home now..

STOP ANSWERING THE PHONE TO ANY ONE THAT YOU OWE MONEY TOO!! PUT IT DOWN AFTER SAYING I ONLY COMMINICATE IN WRITING>

HFC cannot make you bankrupt, neither can anyone.

provident, hey pick a worse co. to deal with, their int rates run in te 1000's%.

give us a list of what you owe to whom, there are laods of things you can do to get yourself out of theis hole.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We are fine with the reduced payments we have been paying and have kept up payments on provident, but because my husband has taken the provident loan out since the reduced payment they are saying they will take us to court and get us made bankrupt, along with other threats, if he does not up his payments, as he leaves them with no option.

idle threats.

you TELL HFC what they are going to get, i'e' £XX for xx mts, and then pay it by internet banking.

they cannot make you bankrupt.

no judge will ever entertain that, you have been paying what you can resonably afford, infact, a judge would prob allocate a smaller payment.

stay off the phone and deal in writing only.

or if you really must talk to them this way, then tell them the call is being recorded.

sorry, but continuing to use the phone leaves you open to these unlawful threats.

on another point, not got PPI on the HFC loan have you?

if so claim it back!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...