Lowell Portfolio I

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, really looking for some advice!! My partner recieved a letter from Lowell stating that they are giving him the chance to 'bid back his account' which was with HSBC for x amount, the letter said if we can't bid and pay a lump sum then we can pay £40 a month.

Anyway he knows he got in a little trouble with HSBC about 9 years ago and was adament that he has heard nothing about this debt in the last 6 years...We have just moved into a new address so i'm wondering if thats how they have found him? Anyway, i replyed to them with letter template M i think it was stating that the debt is statue barred etc.

We have today received another letter saying they are in receipt of correspondence and will be in touch where approriate as soon as possible and in the mean time the account has been put on hold and we will not hear from their collections team. The letter ends telling us there is no need to write to them again nor have a representative do so for us.

Has anyone been in a similar situation with some advice for me? We've just had a baby so not paying for something we don't have to would be ideal right now!!!

Please help!!

Hi,

Will the Leeds Losers ever learn. :rolleyes:

It is down to them to prove the debt isn't statute barred. Simple as that.

They may try the "An attempted payment was made on such and such a date" but again they will have to prove it.

If you are thinking of phoning them-don't. They will try to twist you in knots and get you to say things you may regret. Do everything in writing and make sure you send all letters recorded delivery.

I would be asking people who have moved into your previous address to forward any post on to you as these DCA's have been known to file court papers at previous addresses to get a judgement by default.

There is loads of help on the forum to help see these leeches off :D

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the advice...I shall just wait to see what they come up with...Do you know if there is a certain time period in which they should contact us again?

I can't believe some of the stuff I have read on here about Lowell!! I'm just so thankful i looked on here before getting my partner to phone and make payment arrangements!

getting a bit regular this,on hold and will get back if needed note to ms swallow.no need to get back at all if you are told you are getting nowt is there:rolleyes:

what they mean is we will yet again try the attempted payment,and hope that we do not pick a date that can be disproved.

welcome to cag newbie09.

SAM

Before the Leeds Losers actually throw in the towel you will receive two once in a lifetime discount offers of 60% off for a quick settlement. This is a sure sign they are stuffed

Like I always say, especially where the leeds losers are concerned, you must report them, each and every complaint the OFT receive goes into a file, and when their licence comes up for renewal the OFT ask them to account for the number of complaints they have received, also if the OFT receive more than 20 complaints within the same month, they will investigate the complaints straight away, so your complaint may just be the one that tips the balance:D

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Consumer Direct who in turn will pass the complaint directly to your local TS.

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

How to Complain

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Like I always say, especially where the leeds losers are concerned, you must report them, each and every complaint the OFT receive goes into a file, and when their licence comes up for renewal the OFT ask them to account for the number of complaints they have received, also if the OFT receive more than 20 complaints within the same month, they will investigate the complaints straight away, so your complaint may just be the one that tips the balance:D

they do not investigate,they write to inform them,alert them to the fact that there has been above 20 within the previous month.this is recorded on file for renewal time.

at least 3 of these in a year and no NEW LICENCE.which never happens,because they back off with their antics for a while:rolleyes:

TS choose which to report if local TS and west yorkshire TS agree to the breach reported by consumer direct.

we can but try:)

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Consumer Direct who in turn will pass the complaint directly to your local TS.

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

How to Complain

SAM

they do not investigate,they write to inform them,alert them to the fact that there has been above 20 within the previous month.this is recorded on file for renewal time.

at least 3 of these in a year and no NEW LICENCE.which never happens,because they back off with their antics for a while:rolleyes:

TS choose which to report if local TS and west yorkshire TS agree to the breach reported by consumer direct.

we can but try:-)

Well I bloody never!:eek:

Seems the DCA's tactics are rubbing off on the OFT aswell!

As you say, we can but try, but I always like to complain, it makes me feel much better when I know that my letter will hopefully depress them and make them feel worthless too......don't ruin my thought SAM!:p

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have not posted on this thread before but would really welcome some advice in respect of Lowell.

me and my OH have received a letter today from the company offering me and my OH the chance to bid on our debt.

Our accounts are currently with Payplan and a small amount are being paid off each month. Would it be worth us bidding on this

How much would you offer?

Has anyone received a letter like this before?

Any advice would be welcomed. :???:

Hi Beanie Babe - I really wouldn't bother - if you are on a debt plan you are a lot better of sticking to that than getting caught up in what would only be a fake bidding war to get you to pay more than they did for it hence making them a profit

I have not posted on this thread before but would really welcome some advice in respect of Lowell.

me and my OH have received a letter today from the company offering me and my OH the chance to bid on our debt.

Our accounts are currently with Payplan and a small amount are being paid off each month. Would it be worth us bidding on this

How much would you offer?

Has anyone received a letter like this before?

Any advice would be welcomed. :???:

Do not be fooled. This is a CON TRICK by the Leeds Losers to get rid of an old account. Report them to the OFT

Do not be fooled. This is a CON TRICK by the Leeds Losers to get rid of an old account. Report them to the OFT

Thanks for your advice. I would be more than happy to report then to the OFT but what reason do I state in my letter? How could this benifit me and others? Is there a template letter I could use as I am not very good at putting letters together. X:???:

Hi Beanie Babe - I really wouldn't bother - if you are on a debt plan you are a lot better of sticking to that than getting caught up in what would only be a fake bidding war to get you to pay more than they did for it hence making them a profit

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE. I HAD A FEELING THIS COULD BE A CON SOMEHOW!:shock:

could give you 100 reasons for reporting them but not one would get passed cagbot:D

its a con,ignore them.

your bid has to meet their reserve,which will be far more than the pittance they payed for it.

less than they say you owe.

but a lump sum for them,instead of a small monthly repayment.

SAM

could give you 100 reasons for reporting them but not one would get passed cagbot:D

its a con,ignore them.

your bid has to meet their reserve,which will be far more than the pittance they payed for it.

less than they say you owe.

but a lump sum for them,instead of a small monthly repayment.

SAM

Thanks Sam.x:)

Hi guys, really looking for some advice!! My partner recieved a letter from Lowell stating that they are giving him the chance to 'bid back his account' which was with HSBC for x amount, the letter said if we can't bid and pay a lump sum then we can pay £40 a month.

Anyway he knows he got in a little trouble with HSBC about 9 years ago and was adament that he has heard nothing about this debt in the last 6 years...We have just moved into a new address so i'm wondering if thats how they have found him? Anyway, i replyed to them with letter template M i think it was stating that the debt is statue barred etc.

We have today received another letter saying they are in receipt of correspondence and will be in touch where approriate as soon as possible and in the mean time the account has been put on hold and we will not hear from their collections team. The letter ends telling us there is no need to write to them again nor have a representative do so for us.

Has anyone been in a similar situation with some advice for me? We've just had a baby so not paying for something we don't have to would be ideal right now!!!

Please help!!

Hi

Further to the above we have since received another letter - main paragraph below...

We would advise you that the limitation act 1980 section 5 is not applicable in your case and would refer you to section 29 (7) of the limitation act 1980 which states "A current period of limitation may not be repeatedly extended under this section by further acknowledgement or payment." Your last attempted payment date on this account was dated 30th November 2004 for a payment of £30.00.

A copy of the agreement and statements has been requested from HSBC Bank Plc and these will be sent to you upon receipt. We trust this clarifies the situation and look forward to receiving your payment proposals.

What exactly do they mean by an attempted payment? Surely there either was or wasn't a payment made?

Can anyone advise what we should do now? Do we just wait for them to provide these alledged statements or should I reply to them saying we look forward to receiving them...? My partner is sure he never made a payment...

Thanks guys

Newbie09

Could that mean they tried to take a direct debit which was refused? Think they're clutching...

You must ask for - no, DEMAND - proof and details of this so-called attempted payment. Make it clear that if you uncover any evidence of their misleading you, you will approach the police to report an attempted fraud.

Lowell speak-"attempted payment"= we're screwed :D

How on earth could they prove an attempted payment was errm, attempted

Put them on the spot. Ask them to state when, where and who made this attempted payment. They won't be able to as they have plucked this date from thin air AND they can only prove a payment that HAS been made.

Report the losers.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Send a copy of the letter with your formal complaint to the OFT.

Make a complaint to Lowlifes aswell.

They have begun using this con to fool people into thinking that the debt isn't SB, when in actual fact it is.

An 'attempted' payment, which they can't prove, and I sincerely doubt you ever made, does not nor can it re-start the SB clock.

The evidence is in the letter, "Acknowledgement or Payment"

Just the usual hillocks from the Leeds Losers. An attempted payment even if made by you does NOT count. Make them prove who made this attempt and where and when it was attwempted. Treat this latest piece of bog roll with the contempt it deserves

Send a copy of the letter with your formal complaint to the OFT.

Make a complaint to Lowlifes aswell.

They have begun using this con to fool people into thinking that the debt isn't SB, when in actual fact it is.

An 'attempted' payment, which they can't prove, and I sincerely doubt you ever made, does not nor can it re-start the SB clock.

The evidence is in the letter, "Acknowledgement or Payment"

This is so true...I never looked at it like that...If he 'attempted' a payment then no payment was actually made in which case the section of the limitation act they are referring to does not apply in our case?

Any ideas on the sort of thing i should write back to them? Any templates i can use?

Thank you so much for your help!!