paid off but cant claim anything

brucie32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello there, this is my first post and am hoping to get a little direction on what i should do.

to start, im married with 2 kids under 16 years old, my wife works a 30 hour week

about 3 months ago i got paid off from work, nothing new i suppose at this time, but from working in a full time job 6 days a week to nothing,

we get working family tax credits on what my wifes income is, but i cannot claim anything at all so ive been told as if i do it automatically comes out of the wftc, its a pretty pathetic feeling depending on your wifes wages to cover the costs of the house and to tell your kids that suddenly from getting their pocket money on a saturday to buy their sweets that they can no longer get it because we dont have it.

sorry to ramble but the end question is what if anything can i get to bring something into the house until i get back into work again

thanks in advance

• 3 months later...

Take a look at entitledto.co.uk - this is a brill website which tells ypu everything you may be entirtled to. You may be able to get council tax benefits etc to help you out. Are you receiving JSA? If not, you can claim for this for a min of 6 months.