Think i done a boo boo :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok would some kind soul read this through for me - i sort of hashed it together and don't know if it makes sense?

if it's ok i'll print and send this morning :)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your response to my request under the Consumer Credit Act section 78.

In your response you cannot confirm this as a true copy of the original agreement executed by yourselves.

As you must realise this agreement does not conform to sections 60(1) and 61(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and would therefore only be enforceable by a court under s65. However, the absence of any signature means that a court would be prevented from enforcing it under s127(3).

I am granting to you a further 21 days to produce a copy of an executable agreement. After that I will consider that the above account is closed and that you will no longer pursue the alleged debt.

After this period you should close the file and cease processing an personal data relating to me on this matter.

I would also like to remind you that ...

under The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 Part 1 Section 6 "If, after the appropriate date, an obligation to which this section applies has subsisted for a continuous period of 5 years:

(a) without any relevant claim having been made in relation to the obligation, and

(b) without the subsistence of the obligation having been relevantly acknowledged,

then as from the expiration of that period the obligation shall be extinguished:"

I would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that "it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period".

And as stated in pevious correspndance with yourselves there has been a period of five years where there was no knowledge or acknowledgment of the debt and the 'clock' is NOT restarted under The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 Part 1 Section 6

Yours faithfully

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this came back in the post on saturday -

We are writing to advise that CapQuest Debt Recovery Limited are no longer dealing with your account and we have returned all information to Littlewwods Finance Company Limited.

This and all future communications should be made directly to them quoting your account number.

Yours Sincerely.....

does this mean they've accepted they've lost?