Contribution based JSA ran out

drodgers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a letter a few weeks ago saying that your contribution based JSA runs out on August 10th, yadda yadda, please ring the office. I rang the Jobcentre spoke to a few people who didn't know what you had to do, but eventually got through to a lady who said I'd need to fill in a JSA3 form to apply for income based JSA. I haven't filled it in as I've been offered a job.

Last Thursday I was provisionally offered a job, and they said they'd confirm it at the start of this week (10th August) which they did (I continued to look for work up till that point). I rang the Jobcentre same day to advise them, and instead of filling out the ES40 form in the JSA booklet, they advised me just to come in on my signing on day (today) to claim the outstanding money (up until the 10th) which is the same day my contribution JSA ran out and then end the claim (I have filled in the ES40 booklet and will hand it in tomorrow). I noticed though that when I signed on today, the declaration includes the period up to and including the 11th - but my contribution obviously ran out the day before, so will they take that into account when the money goes in given I've not applied for Income based JSA?

Also, is the claim inactive inbetween contribution based JSA running out and completing the JSA3 form?

when I think of it I would have been better just returning the ES40 and signing off on Friday or Monday ..

Edited by drodgers

If JSA stops on the 10th then the computer will take that into account and will only pay you to the 10th.

The claim won't be inactive between contributory running out and the JSA3 getting processed. It will be a live claim which is not being paid.

You didn't say on what date you are starting work. If, for instance, you are starting work on the 15th then to get paid from the 11th to the 14th you would need to complete a JSA3 (and obviously be eligible for it).

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I should (hopefully) be starting end of this week. I didn't really want all the hassle of filling in the JSA3 form to go onto JSA(I) for 3 days of payment. I'd forgot that to claim outstanding monies you can just send the ES40 form back, rather than having to come in on your next signing day!

I have the ES40 form filled out, so if I hand it in tomorrow, I take it that will close the claim and I'll get the money up until the JSA© ran out on the 10th? There's a 6 month review booked for next week, so I take it that would also be cancelled? I don't want to get letters saying that I haven't turned up!

Edited by drodgers

I have the ES40 form filled out, so if I hand it in tomorrow, I take it that will close the claim and I'll get the money up until the JSA© ran out on the 10th? There's a 6 month review booked for next week, so I take it that would also be cancelled? I don't want to get letters saying that I haven't turned up!

Yes it would pay to the 10th. The six month interview would be cancelled and you would not be expected to attend even if it it wasn't (in error).