• Tweets

• No I get what you're saying and that is fair enough if that's the way it is, but the issue is that the Judge has agreed that I part exchanged my car against a new car but then failed to acknowledge that it was a deposit of some form. To trade my car in and get a discount of a new car constitutes as a deposit by legislation. The Judge has conflicted himself and this is where he is misinterpreting the law.  I also shouldn't have had a scrappage discount and a dealership discount together, it says so in their terms and conditions, which in itself makes the agreement improperly executed at the very least.  This may all make more sense when I upload the trial bundle, it's over 160 pages though so taking a while to redact my information 
    • the scrappage scheme is nothing to do with the agreement ...sorry. it's an enticement to purchase a replacement vehicle. just the same as shop signs that say 50% off or whatever.  its a done and dusted deal done before you enter into the agreement for the remaining £sum. 
    • don't get too hung up on the real meaning of 'fake' in terms of the documents a claimant might produce relating to a potential court claim. by fake we typically mean, they are not obviously the 'real McCoy' ,100% associated with whatever credit they are trying to pin on punters. they are often of the right 'version' that an OC would have used for that particular take out date, but with details inserted in a diff font where they should be for say your name address DOB etc. All DCA's typically  have filing cabinets covering each year for most creditor, whip 'em out, scan and copy n paste your details onto them, even easier now with online sign ups. no hard copies ever sent cause 90% of mugs have lost them..... one of our most powerful tools is the fact any docs they produce, unless they state they are 'a reconstruction'  MUST come from the original creditor noty some hidden pile the claimants have. Link are absolute masters at this so dont stick to lowell threads. dx    
    • Driving home last night I contacted wing mirrors with a car coming the opposite way. The wing mirror folded in and the glass popped out. Very minor damage.  I stopped at the next layby (A road) to repair the mirror. A passerby stopped and said they saw the other car stopped behind me in another layby - they went back and passed over details so we could get in touch.  The conversation started cordially, but quickly got heated when I said I was well on my side and they drifted over (which is what happened).  I wasn't going to bother filing a claim as there isn't enough damage to justify it. I've said to the other party lets just call it quits as there are no witnesses and we both think we are innocent.   they said they are contacting the police and insurance and that they have witnesses. But a quick facebook search found a post by the other person saying they were in a crash, and were 'spun' off the road. Picture of a broken wing mirror and a slight scuff on the front and rear wheel arch. they are asking for witnesses. I have screenshots of the post, and sent them another message saying I can see you don't have witnesses as you are appealing for them. I'd really not drag this out. Lets call it quits and move on. this was followed by a couple of messages that didn't really make much sense. e.g. 'do the right thing'. What should I do now?  Contact police?  Contact my insurance? - Can I tell them about this incident but say I dont want to claim? Will that affect my premium?  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds TSB get worse..

DerekW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Started this thread to keep you all up to date on progress with Lloyds TSB - this has got to be the most useful site on the internet right now - I will be donating when I win!

Sent off the preliminary letter and schedule yesterday for £1645 - then this arrived in the post this morning (crossed in the post, too quick to be a response to mine):

We need to let you know that we have now removed your overdraft facility.

We did write to you about this. As you have not been able to come to an arrangement with us, we have now removed your overdraft limit and started charging you at a higher rate of interest of currently 2.20% a month. This works out as an equivalent annual rate, or EAR, of 29.85%.

Please let us reassure you that our intention is never to chase our customers. If we ask a customer to get in touch with us so we can help them, and they do not, we have to assume they do not want to sort out their account. This is when we have to take some action to try and ensure your account runs smoothly. So please do get in touch with me or one of my team.

Unbelievable! I rang them last week telling them that I could not pay money into the account because their £140 charges last month had pushed the account over the overdraft limit to the extent that I could not pay in the money I have as it will be lost to their charges - and they know I have no income. I got the usual terms and conditions quoted at me.

I'm tempted to respond to this with a "the account will not require an overdraft limit once you have refunded the charges" letter and maybe "I will include this extra interest in my court claim".

Or should I just ignore it?

Derek

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

Lloyds TSB - Claiming £1645

8 August - Prelim + Schedule Sent

10 August - Overdraft facility withdrawn(!)

15 August - SOD OFF Arrived

21 August - LBA Sent

25 August - "Final Response" letter received

4 September - Claim filed at local court.

13th September - Claim deemed served

15th September - Acknowledgment of service filed (SCM)

7th October - Defence filed + AQ received

16th October - AQ filed at local court

22nd November - Court date set for 22nd February 2007

30 November - Full Settlement Accepted

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again, could someone please run an eye over this, I have had 2 letters in the past 2 days saying my overdraft facility has been removed and that they are charging 29% apr, and then another saying "please contact us we want to help" LMAO!

I really want to respond so I'm appearing not to ignore them, but don't want to do anything that might weaken my position as I sent the prelim and schedule 2 days ago.

--

I acknowledge receipt of your letters of the 8th of August informing me that you have removed my overdraft facility and that you will now be charging interest of 29.85% EAR, and on the 9th of August informing me that my account “is overdrawn without our agreement”.

The sole reason my account was over the agreed overdraft limit in the first place is because of the unfair and unlawful penalty fees that you have levied on my account, which I have formerly requested are refunded in full in my letter of the 8th of August.

As for your comments that I have not contacted you, perhaps if you check your records you will find that I telephoned your “customer services” last week. I explained that I could not possibly afford to pay the £120 you have taken in penalty fees over the last six weeks, and that you had made it impossible for me to pay in a cheque that I have which I needed to do to pay essential bills, therefore rendering the account unusable. I was told that nothing could be done about the charges and was quoted your “terms and conditions”.

Your attitude regarding these penalty fees has been appalling since the account was opened, for much of which time I was unemployed. You have left me with no alternative but to pursue this matter through the courts if the claim in my letter of the 8th August is not settled in full. The interest you are now charging on my “overdraft” will of course be added to my total claim.

Thanks I presume I can ddd the charges that they are now applying - everything I've read on here seems to indicate I can...

And btw, how do you add the signatures to these posts like everyone seems to have? I can't see that anywhere!

DerekW

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

sorry, charges were £140, not £120 as I put in the letter (corrected now)...

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

Thanks Tharg, think I've done it right!

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

Thanks Bookworm, you are probably right, it's just hard to resist responding when they keep coming out with this c**p and I've still got 11 days till I can do the LBA. I'll let them stew!

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

Recieved the standard "SOD OFF" today - took a week for them to reply which seems to be longer than other people on here - perhaps they're a bit busy! :)

Week to go before I can send the LBA - ho hum, twiddling thumbs....

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

Waiting is the hardest part- They sent me the "You must be joking" letter about 3 days after i sent it. In the end i sent my LBA a bit early (but really should have waited)

Good luck with it all!

Vicky

Letter asking for my money back sent 24/07/06

Letter sent by them saying a big fat "NO" on the 26/07/06

LBA sent via email on the 31/07/06 14 days and counting.

Letter from them on 07/08/06 saying Bugger Off

MONEY CLAIM ISSUED 14/08/06

I remember Barclays finally responded with a less than 50% offer "sorry you're unhappy" response to my prelim, the day after I had filed at court. Made me chuckle. :-D They're really going to have to improve their response time, lol.

Thanks Vicky, I'm going to wait the full 14 days to send the LBA, don't want to give them any excuses at all, even though they've never waited so much as 14 seconds to take my money when it suits them!!

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

Bookworm, I wonder how long it will be before they have a completely automated system to deal with all of our letters anyway, if this site grows much more they won't be able to do it manually. I mean, it's costing them £35 to send each letter isn't it?!

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

• 2 weeks later...

Sent the LBA on Monday, waiting for the "final response" crap before I can file the claim. Not going to wait the 14 days, if they say "final response" then I'll take it as that - I'm sure the court would as well!

Quick question, I might not be able to use a credit card for moneyclaim online, am I right in assuming I can go to the court, pick up the forms and pay in cash?

Cheers!

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

Many thanks for the links and info - I had missed that in all the excitement(!) this site is so huge it's difficult to find things now :-)

I just received the "final response" letter today - bog standard as expected. I will download the forms and info now, unfortunately I'm no longer on benefits so I doubt the exemptions for the fee will apply, but I will check anyway...

Cheers!

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

Hi again Guys

Sorry if I'm being thick here but what goes in the "Brief details of claim" box? I've done all the rest including the particulars of claim but I can't find a template for the brief details...

Also, does anyone know what the court fee is for a claim of about £1850 including the interest + court costs? I need to get the cash from somewhere before I can fill in the interest box as it will change if I can't file it for a week because of cash flow problems!

Thanks

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

Thanks Michael, I was thinking it would be something like that - just wanted to make sure. Thanks also for the heads up on the fees, didn't realise there was another one for the AQ. But that does lead me to another question, do I add that to the "court fee" box? I presume not at this stage but again I don't want to cock it up!

Cheers!

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

Hi Derek

Just to let you know I'm at the same stage as you. Sent my LBA off on Friday. I have already had their final response letter.

When I go overdrawn, on the day, I try (if I have the money) pay just enough in to bring my account back in balance, to save the charges. It satisifies me the next day when I get a letter telling them of the charges unless I bought the account back in credit on the day we wrote the letter. If it costs them £35 a letter, I like to think I'm screwing them!!!!!

I didn't realise that if you put money in the deposit point at Lloyds, after 1pm they don't have to process it that day. I always use it instead of queuing. The other day a member of staff said "your late", but I'll do it this time. (HOW RUDE)

When I phoned up the customer services they told me the last time they HAVE to check it is between 12.30pm and 1pm.

Did anyone else know that?

Karl

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Sorry to sound silly but if lloyds just cancelled my od facility i`d been in real deep water ?

Dont they have to give notice or can they just cancel it ?

Dec 2006 SARS request :p

5th Feb 2007 initial request inc list of charges totalling £1706.50 without 8% interest :o

15th Feb 2007"bog off " letter received.:(

19th Feb 2007 LBA sent with further copy of charges:|

4th April £750 goodwill gesture paid into bank

11th Aug 2007-another £704 charges since and lloyds served me with enforcement notoice

I'd imagine they'd have to give it to you in writing with some notice....

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

I'd imagine they'd have to give it to you in writing with some notice....

Don't count on that though. Your best bet would be to write to them explaining that the account is in dispute, and should they decide on any retailiatory action as a result of this, you will be complaining to the relevant authorities. You could also include the FSA's position on retailiatory action:

Briefing Note BN 023/06

4 July 2006

FSA position on account closures and default charges

Generally, under FSA rules on dispute resolution and complaints, we would not expect any regulated firm to discriminate against a customer who makes a complaint.

However the relationship between a bank and its account holders, including the circumstances and manner in which accounts are closed, is governed by the Banking Code.

We have therefore raised this issue with the Banking Code Standards Board, and informed those firms involved that we have done so. As a result of those conversations, we understand that the Banking Code Standards Board intends to state its position on this issue presently. We encourage the industry to use this opportunity to demonstrate the value of the Code in ensuring fair and reasonable outcomes to such disputes.

Whether that will work or not, I don't know, but it's worth a try. Also be aware that even if they demand repayment, they cannot pass details of this onto the credit reference agencies without breaking s13.6 of the Banking Code due to the debt being in dispute (assuming the claim exceeds the overdraft that is). Might be worth reminding them of that too.

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm pretty sure I had no notice of them withdrawing the overdraft facility, but the letter I quoted came one day after I sent the Prelim so I doubt I will be able to describe it as retaliatory, but I had phoned them a couple of weeks earlier and told them that they had applied so many charges that my account was now unuseable and that I wouldn't be paying anything into it.

Yes, it has left me in a position where I cannot write cheques or use the account - I have to use cash for everything which is a real pain in the a***. Forget parachute accounts when you have a bad credit record!!

I'll just whack the interest they're charging me onto the court claim anyway, but I'm really considering going for damages as well - not least for the three days I spent without heating or food in the middle of last winter after coming out of a meeting with a "customer services advisor" (which the telephone helpline people arranged) - with nothing but an earful of terms and conditions...

These leeches really need to start paying for the problems they cause...

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent