Thesis - gone too far!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmmm, wonder if Gordie will reply?

This matter is a national outrage and should be exposed in the media!

the general public will be shocked, when they learn about this matter.

I was watching the BBC 10 'O' Clock News last night and heard about all the so-called extra money that is supposed to be going into the education system.

Which poses the question;

what was/is the source of this extra money?

Student Loans that were bundled up, securitised and sold off to firms such as Deutche Bank, Morgan Stanley and Nationwide for example, these were in turn put into trust funds in the Channel Islands and/or the Republic of Ireland/EEU...toxic debt in limbo.

Enter, firms such as Link Financial/Asset Link Capital;

debt buyer(s).

You know the rest; harassment.

AC

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bored tonight so have written to Gordon Brown asking what he plans to do about these companies he has jumped into bed with

This is the draft so don't worry about spelling and grammar it's not finished yet.

Looks great to me appart from the sp and grammer as you say :)

Hi, I am new stumbled onto this thread: by the looks of it I will have something to add to the anti-thesis campaign pretty soon.

I just found out Thesis have one of my student loans too from 1996. They sent me a letter saying my deferment was due to end in 8 days. First I heard of their existence. I called them [smelt a rat straight away] and explained I had applied for deferement with SLC. The guy said oh thats fine then they should contact us.. Why are they asking for deferment if SLC handle it I thought. So I called the SLC they went from having no knowledge of thesis to that is someone we work with to they have nothing to do with us as I asked the usual questions. I did manage to speak to a guy in repayments who explained to me what the government have done [sickening]. He told me that the SLC handle deferments and Thesis handle "accounting" so why are Thesis sending me letters out about deferment? He had no answer to that. All he said was that he had both my loans on the system and they had received the application for deferment but it usually only goes through 3-4 days before expiry of the previous deferal.

Going from what you guys have said about Thesis I am expecting them to contact me soon claiming I haven't defered and am due to pay DD instruction demands etc etc. Obviously they will deny the previous phone call advising me that it would be handled by the SLC. I am thinking of writing pre-emptively asking them to provide me with a copy of the credit agreement and proof of my liability to them. I don't want to make a deferment to them as in my eyes that indicates an acceptance to contract with them [Am I right in thinking this?]. If I question their letter as an offer to contract asking them to prove their claim against me and they can't produce the documentaion what happens then? Will they write it off? Don't get me wrong I am not trying to avoid paying per se just avoid paying to crooks.

It looks to me that the OFT need to get onto this "trading style" [whatever that is] that Thesis claim to be if I can be a part of that I will.

Please write to your MP, Kate Hoey MP for Vauxhall where their reg office is and also Wayne David MP Caerphilly where that PO Box on the letters you have is based.

I am prepared to put money on Thesis not receiving your deferment and then they start harassing you.

I'd get in first saying you have had no notice of assignment of your debt with Thesis/Link so you are not prepared to discuss personal and financial details with a company you have not chosen to deal with and unless they can provide proof of assignment of the debt to them then no further correspondence will be entered into

Then complain to the OFT, FOS, the MP's above, oh and trading standards.

We've had a letter from FOS acknowledging our complaint against Link but nothing else from MPs, FOS, OFT nor anything more from Link

The wealth of info on this forum is superb where have you been all my life!

Yeah I think you are right Disgruntled Employee, I am going to email them so I have some evidence they have received it.

I will give them a little time before complaining just so I have something more substantial to go to the OFT etc with as evidence of their behaviour. I fully expect them to ignore my email and then start their demands at which point I have a valid complaint to register against them. I usually find the Ombudsman etc won't get involved until you have tried to resolve the issue with the company first. I will just go down that road for the sake of procedure as it seems a forgone conclusion they will not be reasonable.

I can only assume with this level of short termism the government expect to lose the next election and are making the job as hard as possible for the next guys. Makes you wonder if democracy works at all... we still get bent over the barrel, only now we have to fill out thousands of forms for the privilege.

I wouldn't email them as there is no real proof they have received it.

Send it in the mail recorded delivery that'll be fine mark it complaint on the front and it'll get to the right person.

You have tried to resolve the issue you sent in your deferment you shouldn't have to do anymore than that, now head to the ombudsman

Well we had a letter back from FOS today returning our paperwork and asking for a copy of the student loan agreement so if we have it we'll return it with the paperwork and if not then it's back to SLC to get a "copy" and forward it on till that FOS won't investigate as they're unsure whether it's in their remit or not I suppose it depends on what type of student loan it was we shall see, still nothing from anyone else, disgraceful!!

Right they said they hoped to reply within 14 working days it's 25 working days tomorrow since we had the initial reply so this is going to them:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for another meaningless template letter dated xx where you assure me that you intend to reply within 14 working days. Well considering the incredible delicate situation your companys actions have placed me in I expected an immediate and thorough investigation to have taken place and a reply well within that 14 working days yet despite the fact that it is now TWENTY FIVE working days since i received this letter I am yet to hear anything further from you at all.

I am extremely upset that you have chosen to ignore this matter, I wish to assure you that continuing to ignore this issue will not make it go away and will just further strengthen my resolve to get justice for what you have done and continue to do with your reckless and careless attitude to peoples confidential data and cavalier attitude to anyone who dares to complain.

It quite frankly beggars belief that with something potentially serious you have not kept me closely informed as to the progress (or lack thereof) of my extremely serious complaint.

I am keeping the OFT, FOS, Trading Standards and my MP, Kate Hoey and Wayne David (the MPs for the areas your offices are in) fully appraised of my ongoing situation and I have also made Gordon Brown and David Cameron aware of what is happening to the students who are sold out by the government to disreputable ****** companies such as yours.

I promise you this will not go away and urge you to take this matter very seriously, of course should you now wish to make an offer of cash settlement we are prepared to listen but any such offer would also be conditional of a full written apology and of course we would not be prepared to sign any form of non disclosure agreement other than these terms you will find us quite flexible, we can also setup a payment plan to suit your budget

(ok last little bit is a bit of a pee take but it's quite fun lol)

PS first draft ignore spelling and grammar

You just have to keep banging the table DE!

throw all your toys out of the pram;

start thinking out of the box...

Not a time to be disillusioned;

there is a winter of discontent coming up and;

in the spring, a general election.

Keep soldiering on.

AC