You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi all   It's been a long time since I've used this site, I used to be a frequent poster, mainly in the parking subforums.    I'll try and keep this as concise as possible, although it may get a bit confusing, so apologies in advance.  Also I hope this is the right subforum for such a matter, but I couldn't see anything more specific for divorces/family law.  So here goes..   My now ex-wife and I divorced last year, after our relationship broke down due to irreconcilable differences.  She initiated the divorce proceedings so was the petitioner, I was the respondent.  We informally agreed early on that she would stay at the family home (I moved out), and buy me out of my share of the house and contents.   We went to family mediation and hashed out an agreed settlement figure that we were mostly happy with.  A lump sum for the house and contents, plus she would give me the money to pay off several loans for goods on hire purchase that remained in the house, as the debts were solely in my name at the time.    I did not contest the divorce on any point, except she wanted me to pay the court costs of the divorce (£850) since she blamed me for the breakdown of the marriage.  I objected to this on the financial paperwork, stating that I was not the petitioner, plus the cause of the breakdown of the marriage were not due to adultery or domestic abuse.    The financial court ruled against me, meaning the £850 would be deducted from the final settlement figure.  I was looking to appeal against this decision which would have delayed the proceedings by several months, however in the meantime I was able to make an agreement with her solicitors to split the court costs 50:50, so we would in fact be paying £425 each.  They sent this offer in a letter headed "Without Prejudice", stating that if I was agreeable, they would submit an amended financial order to the courts with the amounts amended so I would only be paying £425 instead of £850 towards the costs.  I responded to this in writing and signed the form they sent me, initialling where the amount was changed on the financial order.   This is where it gets a bit tricky.  They then resubmitted the ORIGINAL financial order to the family with the £850 deduction still on it and promptly stopped responding to my calls and emails.  My ex wife has now paid the settlement figure, with the £850 deducted rather than the agreed upon £425.  It's a bit of an odd situation as my ex paid me basically exactly what it says on the court form, even though I made a different agreement with her solicitors.  I feel they've been dishonest in this case, whether intentionally or not but it's still left me over £400 out of pocket.    My question basically is this?  Do I have any legal recourse options available to me against the solicitor?  Does the fact that they headed the offer letter "Without Prejudice" mean that they can basically go back against their word and not honour an agreement that was made in good faith?  I've been doing my own research into this subject and it's a bit of a minefield, but I'm wondering whether I've got grounds for a complaint to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority, or possibly even pursuing them via the Small Claims Court?   Any thoughts?  If you need any more information or need me to clarify any particular points, please let me know.   Thanks in advance CD
    • That IS the question HB.   My literal quote isn't surrounded by additional perspective I commonly add and was shown as is.       "64% of the UK’s trade with all the countries with which the UK is seeking continuity,"   * It seems a given that Johnson is not seeking continuity with the EU HB   * Undoubtedly the reality is they just mean 64% of continuity with the handful of African nations that the reference was in despite it implying something else   In which case, a more accurate statement than that presented by Johnson the Liars representatives would be:   We've managed 64% continuity with a small group containing a small handful of African nations which are a small part of Africa as a whole and an utterly tiny part of world trade   and presumably, as they have singled that out for special mention to give their chosen implied perspective ... - that 64% continuity (a little over half we have as part of the European Union) the best 'continuity' deal they've managed so far with any county or block.   It certainly isn't 64% continuity of even JUST the external to the EU beneficial trade we have as part of the European Union let alone replicate the benefits with the rest of the EU   and Don't forget thats just continuity - carrying on what we currently have - and not any new or additional/improved deals  
    • Can I just ask only because I do panic about stuff like this.  More because of the affect it has on my husband.   In 2014 when my husband was at his worst and NatWest got the charging order on our house (which was then repossessed) we had to stop using our NatWest bank account which we did.  When we signed up for credit reports in January we noticed our NatWest bank account was being reported on a monthly basis so we decided to close it.  My husband and I went into a branch and closed it.  We had 4 accounts, 1 for everyday banking and 2 savings and 1 was the loan.  She said she could close the 3 accounts but obviously not the loan.  She said she’d transfer the money from the 2 savings into the main bank account and give us the money then shut all 3.  We were gobsmacked when she gave us over £1000.  We never thought we had money in the accounts.  Can this be used against us?  The 3 accounts are now shut and marked as settled on our credit file.
    • Thank you for your advice.   As the owner of 2 labradors dog turd is something I have plenty of.
    • Apologies if I've missed something obvious (I know nothing about Facebook) but where do the references to the "club" and the SAR come from?
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Disgruntled_Employee

Thesis - gone too far!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3917 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Partner has a student loan that is now being handled by Thesis.

Since leaving uni she's never earnt over the threshold to commence repayment

and has always filled her deferrment paperwork in and sent it off without fail.

Earlier this year she started getting letters from them saying as no deferment paper had been received

she must start paying.

We immediately wrote to them saying that the paperwork had vbeen sent and here are the copies.

We didn't hear anything for a few months then

out of the blue they started phoning my partners elderly and very ill aunt

and frequently pestering her for our phone number which she refused to give

and told them not to bother her again (which they ignored).

They've ignored every single letter we've sent them,

they demand a direct debit be put in place (on our joint account I don't think so!!)

To top it off we've just had a shock letter from my partners dad who she hasn't seen since her parents seperated

when she was very young and back then her mother and her were moved away

and he was forbidden contact for fear of her safety.

the letter from him was warning her that HE had been called by Thesis and asked about her!!!!!

WTF who do these ******s think they are that they can do that

she's now terrified that he's going to turn up now he knows where we live and talking about having to move house.

I am totally gobsmacked that they can just go through the phone book

or use birth records etc top track down her father in this manner

now whether they gave the address out or whether he then looked her up on the voting register

I don't know but is this legal,

do you think they phoned everyone in that area with that surname?

Neither of us is working at the moment i'm sorely tempted to get some legal advice

over this I don't see how what they've done can be legal

any advice please

• Haha 1

complaint to the OFT is in order regarding their behaviour

ida x

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

There may be DPA issues so you should complain to the ICO as well.

• Haha 1

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Thesis is a trading name of Link Financial Limited;

Report them to the OFT!

"Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Link Financial Limited 3504939

Licence Notes:

Evt Stage Open Date Notes

29 Requirement Obtained 05/05/2009

Categories:

Consumer credit

Consumer hire

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt administration

Debt collecting

Provision of debt-adjusting on a commercial basis

Provision of debt-counselling on a commercial basis

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Instantsilver

Thesis Servicing

Issued Date: 03-May-1998 Date Maintenance Payment Due: 02-May-2013

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Bernard Albert Ernest Saunders

Paul David Burdell

Petteri BARMAN

Philippe Marcel Etienne Paillart

Selina LEE Burdell

Stephan Karl Edward Ludwig

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Bernard Albert Ernest Saunders OFFICER

Geraldine Ann Kennel OFFICER

Mr Philippe Marcel Etienne Paillart OFFICER

Robert Mark Longden OFFICER

Robin Wilfred Roberts OFFICER

Selina Lee Burdell OFFICER

Selina Rigden EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

Stephan Karl Edward Ludwig OFFICER

Stephen Andrew West OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence Camelford House, 89, Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

Principal Place Of Business Camelford House, 89, Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

Registered Office Camelford House, 89, Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence 89, Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

Principal Place Of Business 89, Albert Embankment, Londo, SE1 7TP

Principal Place Of Business 89, Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

Principal Place Of Business Suite 3,01-3,02 Plaza 535, Kings Road, London, SW10 0SZ

Registered Office 89, Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

Registered Office Suite 3,01-3,02 Plaza 535, Kings Road, London, SW10 0SZ

AC

• Haha 1

Please do have a read of this...Link had restrictions placed on them by the OFT....you MUST complain to the OFT - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/press_release_attachments/Link-requirements.pdf

• Haha 1

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Sweet thanks very much.

We've just phoned them and before the woman could say anything we said

"are you recording this conversation?"

Then calmly and without being rude or shouting said we're now not prepared to discuss this over the phone

and outlined what they had done such as contacting relatives asking to pass messages to call them on

and phoning her father and that we were in the process of complaining to our MP the OFT

and the information commissioners office

the woman (who admitted it was her who called the relatives) went very quiet

(probably panicking about her job at a guess??)

they've now agreed to stop calling and await for contact from us.

I lost my job in May and my partner is self employed and hasn't found any work for awhile

so think we'll also follow this up with an appointment with a solicitor as well

(if nothing else than use the initial free consultation) and we'll see where we go from there.

Trouble is we can't prove that Thesis gave her dad our address

and obviously don't want to contact him to ask but it seems a bit odd that he gets in touch after 30+ years

Any complaints about non-compliance with the OFT requirements should be sent to:

Enquiries

Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk"

QUOTE:

5. Failure to comply with a requirement could lead to a fine of up to £50,000 and/or be grounds for revocation of a consumer credit licence."

Link Financial and their trade name of Thesis are well known on this site!

AC

Sweet thanks very much.

We've just phoned them and before the woman could say anything we said

"are you recording this conversation?"

The basically calmly and without being rude or shouting said we're now not prepared to discuss this over the phone and outlined what they had done such as contacting relatives asking to pass messages to call them on and phoning her father and that we were in the process of complaining to our MP the OFT and the information commissioners office the woman (who admitted it was her who called the relatives) went very quiet (probably panicking about her job at a guess??) they've now agreed to stop calling and await for contact from us.

I lost my job in May and my partner is self employed and hasn't found any work for awhile so think we'll also follow this up with an appointment with a solicitor as well (if nothing else than use the initial free consultation) and we'll see where we go from there.

Trouble is we can't prove that Thesis gave her dad our address and obviously don't want to contact him to ask but it seems a bit odd that he gets in touch after 30+ years

This is typical of Link Financial and their trading name company; Thesis

Do not let them get away with this!

Here is a link to the OFT showing the full requirements that were imposed on Link Financial:

The Office of Fair Trading: OFT warns debt sector about tracing tactics

There is also a very long thread about Link Financial and their Bad Business Practices upon which many joined together in making formal complaints about this firm to the OFT.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/162255-link-financial-limited.html

I believe that it is on page 35 when the OFT finally imposed the requirements upon Link (also trading as thesis)

Please do not delay, phone Consumer Direct 08454 04 05 05 and log your complaint

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

and

send in your complaint the OFT.

AC

Edited by angry cat
addition

well another day and another letter from Thesis again trundling off the production line again totally ignoring our phone call and all previous letters.....

I hope that you have reported them!

If they continue their harassment;

write, heading up your letter: "ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE" and ask them for details about their complaints procedure.

AC

Yes, they're part of link financial ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Yup consumer direct contacted and OFT contacted too.

I would send another letter to them but seeing as they never reply to any of our letters

or even acknowledge them well....

Funnily enough the woman that my wife had a real go at at the beginning of the week

claimed that loads of their letters had been marked return to sender

so we said well send them to us and surprise NOTHING yet

we did get another junk letter from them so just shows what a great fat steaming pile of BS that was

Interesting the Thesis complaints go to a PO Box in Caerphilly:

www.thesis-servicing.co.uk

Presumably stopping you from sending letters to them registered post and thereby preventing you from having proof they got it.

I know you can send to one but they can then just choose to ignore the note to go and sign for something whereas it's less likely to happen when the post is delivered direct to a business

There may be a geographical address on the CSA website. Hang on, I'll look...

Hmmm :| There's only a London Address for Link and no details for Thesis at all.

can i ask something,

anywhere on thesis letter does it state it is a trading name or assosciate of Link financial

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

can i ask something,

anywhere on thesis letter does it state it is a trading name or assosciate of Link financial

ida x

Thesis Servicing is a Trading Name of Link Financial as is Instantsilver

both are Link Financial Limited;

as per the OFT website.

AC

LINK FINANCIAL

UNIT 5 TRECENYDD BUSINESS PARK

CF83 2RZ CAERPHILLY

Phone: 02920853556

However, the OFT state their Principle place of business correspondence address to be:

Camelford House, 89, Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP.

Note that letters must be sent by Recorded Delivery.

However, when dealing with Link/Thesis it is better to send Special Delivery!

AC

can i ask something,

ida x

Yup in the usual small print at the footer of the letter

Just had this back from the OFT

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act)

Complaint Against: Link Financial Limited t/a Thesis Servicing

Licence No: 446835

Thank you for your email received on 8 August 2009.

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties your wife has been experiencing with the above mentioned trader.

The OFT has no authority to become involved in disputes between consumers and traders,

so we cannot offer your wife any direct help with the complaint or advise you directly in this matter.

However, we take into account the information you have helpfully given us as we monitor this trader’s fitness to hold a credit licence.

I enclose a list of organisations which can offer you help and advice. For specialist, face-to-face assistance, or intervention, you may wish to seek legal advice either through a local Citizens' Advice Bureau or directly from a legal adviser. The Insolvency Service has published a guide for debtors which contains an overview of the main debt solutions. The guide entitled ‘In Debt? Dealing with your creditors’ can be accessed from the Insolvency Services’ website at:

www.insolvency.gov.uk/guidanceleaflets/Guides.htm

I can confirm that the business you mention holds a consumer credit licence. Under the Consumer Credit Act, holders of consumer credit licences must be fit and competent to do so and the OFT has a duty to monitor the fitness and conduct of all traders who hold such a licence.

In considering fitness we take into account whether a business has engaged in improper business practices. Where we receive complaints about the business practices of licensees, we investigate them and where appropriate we take enforcement action; that action depends on the evidence and circumstances. Action the OFT can take includes revoking, refusing or suspending a licence; or placing conduct requirements on the licence of the company or business in question (failure to comply with a conduct requirement can result in a financial penalty being levied).

The OFT has issued guidance to consumer credit licence holders engaged in the debt collection industry. The guidance is intended to ensure that debt collectors treat debtors fairly. Non-compliance with this guidance will call into question the fitness of licence holders and applicants. You can view our guidance at: http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/legal/cca/debt-collection

I have noted the details of your wife's complaint, and we will continue to monitor Link's compliance with both the Requirements and the Debt Collection Guidance. We are therefore interested in complaints that details issues which have arisen after the Requirements were imposed. We will consider these alongside any other complaints we receive and would therefore be grateful if your wife could sign the enclosed consent form and return it to me. Unfortunately, we cannot disclose any details about any action we may take, due to restrictions on the OFT relating to disclosure of information (Part 9 of the Enterprise Act 2002).

The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) can help with most complaints about consumer-credit products and services if the consumer has failed to satisfactorily resolve the matter directly with the consumer credit licensee itself. FOS can be contacted at: Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR; 0845 080 1800, or www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.

Thank you again for writing to us and bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely

DE...thanks for reporting this to the OFT...

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Excellent;

The OFT now know that Link Finacial Limited;

Trading as Thesis Servicing are still breaching the OFT Guidelines!

Keep those complaints rolling in Guys.

Thank you Disgruntled Employee:)

AC

by The OFT:

"therefore be grateful if your wife could sign the enclosed consent form and return it to me."

Get that consent form in the post asap.

AC

x