I know this is a last minute attempt but can somebody please help me.. due in court on Monday

bs0lth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Crapstone,

What a week and a half, been chasing up the DWP, god how slow, and running round like a chicken without a head. ive bought other insurance, and I asked the company to send capstone a copy and Ive sent a copy recorded, I dont trust the mail. and well my mantra this week is...

dont bury your head in the sand again, dont bury your head in the sand again...

If I say it enough times I may just get through this.

Anyway I will keep you posted

lynne

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lynne,

Some wise words. Don't bury your head in the sand! You are moving along slowly but surely and you have all our support to keep nudging you. Do keep us posted even if it's just a moan and you need a bit of a lift.

You will get through this. Take a step at a time and remember to look after yourself too.

Hi Crapstone.

I know I cant bury my head in the sand again, it would be so easy to, and even logging onto CAG is getting harder and harder to do at the moment. However, I have been reading round loads of things, and I go to see my consultant on the 19th of this month. Ive read that there may be a debt councellor that he can refer me to, or at least somebody that may be able to help me since a lot of the problems have been caused by my not being able to cope with letters etc...

One of the good things about this site is that I can come on for a few mins even in the middle of the night... which is normally the only time I can face sorting things out, Im just so pleased its here. The other thing that is keeping me from hiding under my duvet everyday is that there are others on here going through exactly the same as me, so Im going to keep going, even if its going to take an age to sort out.

anyways, thanks again for your support

Lynne

Hi just to say it is quite normal for the lender to ask to see the insurance certificate - most actually charge to do so. The property is their security after all and they need to make sure it is insured at all times. But well done for saving some money in that area.

there are budget aids on this site and others but I found the money saving expert one very good as it has links in ech section to help you save money.

Obviously until you get all your benefits sorted out it is hard for you to budget.

We had a period in the last recession where we had just moved into a new house and had a baby when my husband lost his job and We went through all the normal things of buying clothes and jumble sales /meat at markets ( frightening when I think of it now) and cutting every voucher out of papers etc. And even then we really needed family help to keep the house - but once we got the interest paid on the mortgage we managed to survive for a year . Much later on our house came out of negative equity and we stayed there for 16 years.

It was quite a challenge and even now we are still learning. Just recently I have gone through all our credit cards and requested the limits are lowered or closed them just so we are not tempted.

Sorry if i have posted this link before but some people have found it useful

www.entitledto.co.uk

also this the money section on www.direct.gov.uk

Keep posting and let us know how you get on and what you are entitled to in the way of help - and I agree to get more help from someone you can talk to face to face may be useful for you.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi Jansus.

I really dont spend that much these days, It started a couple of years ago when i was desperate to get out of all of the debt I seemed to have accrued. I took the bold step of cutting up all of my credit cards and started to pay them off bit by bit, the actually balances now are a quarter of what they were 5 years ago.

I have budgeted and normally stick to it, but even so, since not being able to work at the moment things seem to have gone from worse to nightmare to omg what the hells going on. Im desperatly trying to sort all of this out, but its hard... I didnt know whether to say stuff it and try to go back to work and get on top of everything, sell the house and start all over again.

the negative side of all of this,is that my consultant and doctor would go ape with me, as stress triggers off all kinds of reactions... so I dont know. Im due at the consultant on the 19th I really need to discuss with him what my next step is...

sigh, I really dont know at the moment what to do, but Im trying to be proactive rather than just ignoring things... we will see what happens next.

thanks for you suggestions though, I appreciate any of them at the moment.

Lynne

I think you are right in that some people have found that clinging on to the house ownership as some holy grail can cause more problems than its worth. My sister rents with her three teenagers and is much happier and at least she has no worries about maintaining the property etc. She has a really nice three bedroom detached bungalow and is coping quite well.

what are rental rates like in your area ?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hiya, I just thought that I would give everyone an update, because its all going into the toilet.

Im back in court tomorrow morning, which Im not looking forward to... however, nothing has changed, and Ive continued to pay off what i can from my mortgage.

The DWP, what a nightmare... huge nightmare, Ive spent the last 6 weeks chasing them from pillar to post trying to get all of this resolved... however its taken from the 23 of june until the 3rd of september for them to change my benefit from contribution based to income based.. which means that its still going to take the mortgage section a couple of weeks even a month to sort all of this out. Not only that, they wont back date the claim to the begining of the time I became eligable to recieve help, they will only back date it to 3 months of me wanting things changed... Im going to have to appeal that once I get the claim sorted.

So i have loads to do, Im going to try to go for another adjournment and see if things will get better in the next few weeks.

Lynne

Hi everyone,

I have been back in court this morning, the other sides solicitor was pretty awful, just kept saying she cant pay get her out...

Anyway, its been ajourned again for 28 days. The judge, was really nice, and helpful.

they are still trying to claim the account management fees as part of the arrears, which I didnt think they could do. the judge asked them for their terms and conditions that he said could provide them with a loophole to demand these as part of the arrears... but they couldnt provide him with a legable copy. hes also asked for a recent breakdown of all payments. Ive made two payments since the last hearing and they have no knowledge of them

What the judge has asked is that I pay at least something on the due date... so that he can see willing that I can pay the remainder of the mortgage once the DWP sorts everything out.

I really need to sort this out one way or the other... its doing my head in...

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

Don't hold your breath that they will supply a copy of the t & cs' to a judge. There is no 'loophole' their fees are excessive and unjustified and they know this. They don't like having them looked at and they certainly shouldn't be including the charges in your arrears.

Stick with it..

Hi everyone,

they are still trying to claim the account management fees as part of the arrears, which I didnt think they could do. the judge asked them for their terms and conditions that he said could provide them with a loophole to demand these as part of the arrears

That's just nonsense. Even in they do combine them in your arrears figure you can only be repossessed based on missed payments on your mortgage.

Ell-enn I don't suppose I could discuss a similar problem with the same lender with you ?

Anuvid - the best way to get help is to start you own thread in the repossessions forum & that way your request will get seen more easily.

• 1 month later...

Hiya Everyone... well its that time of month again...

Im sorry I havent been online much over the last month, Ive had a couple of mad episodes and I havent been able to get my head around anything... thanks to my nice doc who tripled my meds for me... Ive been in cloud cookoo land... mind you not when I can afford to be....

anway an update.. Im back in court tomorrow, I really want to walk away from this, the stress got to me at the end of play last time. And its got worse... DWP told me Im on the wrong benefit for help... they have assessed me on my first mortgage.. I remortgaged 6 years ago.. to put a new roof on and stuff... and well they say that I can only claim 39,950 out of 64,000 cos well i shouldnt have borrowed extra to get the work sorted on my house... so Im getting help.. well not really help for 40,000.... which is roughly 46 per week...

Now heres the best bit.. im still getting working tax credit of 51 per week... so guess what, no help for me... how Im supposed to pay all of my housing costs is beyond me..

and...

They say I can appeal to get the rest taken into account...

then if its allowed I need to appeal to get it backdated...

and so it goes on...

Ive been to see the CAB, the welfare rights people and the shaw trust... they are all trying to help but its not going to be fast enough for tomorrow...

Im trying to get my consultant to let me go back to work part time... in the middle of a breakdown but at the moment its the only way I can honestly see a way out of this... at least then... I should earn enough to pay the mortgage each month and a bit off the arrears...

and still havent had a breakdown of my arrears and charges all though Ive requested them three times by letter...

right Im off to bed...

Im not going to jump off the bridge just yet...

Lynne

Hiya Bsolth,

I am in court in the morning as well as the judge dismissed the suspension of the warrant. We have appealed his decision and today we see a higher judge. Not sure which way it will go but fighting to the bitter end.

Keep your chin up and try to remain positive. I know it can be hard at times, I falter too.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

S13

bsOlTH,

well hang in there, some D/Js are good and some are well not so good ( sad to say but true) I have been there done that and had the Tee Shirt!

Now if you as every one here has shown can show to the Court that you are in benefit and that you can pay off some thing even £50.00 (like me) a month then the court will be on your side.

They also have to take into account

How much you owe to what your house is worth ie mortgage £70K house value £120K and arrears £8K then there is more than enough,

You are claiming benefit then that's good too.

There is a case which was before the appeal court Norgan which ALL county courts have to abide by and can not over rule.

So your arrears can be paid over the whole of the outstanding term of your mortgage and there is nothing the lender can do.

I would think that your lender has sold this on and has to get as much money back now as they can, which is why their solicitor has tried to screw you in court.

yes I was just checking how you got on?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 4 weeks later...

hiya any updates?

cheers angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D