DCA Credit Security - Nightmare - Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Maybe about 2 years ago had a letter from CSL saying they were collecting a debt on behalf of Lloyds TSB. I set up regular payment and forgot about it till March this year - then the thought crossed my mind "what the hell is this for?"

Sent off a CCA request - nothing heard so sent a reminder 12+2 days and guess what nothing heard until 2 July!!

They say that the debt is for an unauthorised overdraft to the value of 20k and therefore not subject to the CCA.

WTF! now the debt originated allegedly from a branch where I had an account some 20 years ago but my account number I had does not match up with the account number they quote

Planning to send off a "put up or shut up" letter and a SAR in the next couple of days.

Am I on the right road or please can someone advise

Thanks

Hi All

Maybe about 2 years ago had a letter from CSL saying they were collecting a debt on behalf of Lloyds TSB. I set up regular payment and forgot about it till March this year - then the thought crossed my mind "what the hell is this for?"

Sent off a CCA request - nothing heard so sent a reminder 12+2 days and guess what nothing heard until 2 July!!

They say that the debt is for an unauthorised overdraft to the value of 20k and therefore not subject to the CCA.

WTF! now the debt originated allegedly from a branch where I had an account some 20 years ago but my account number I had does not match up with the account number they quote

Planning to send off a "put up or shut up" letter and a SAR in the next couple of days.

Am I on the right road or please can someone advise

Thanks

if it had already become statute barred before you started making payments against it two years ago (so you looking for 8 years) these payments cannot be held to re start the SB clock.

if you started making these payments within the 6 years you might be in a bit of poo