Tomorrow Fraud investgation for JSA + Council tax Please help

biggranty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi situation here I despratly need help. As I am going for an interview under caution tomorrow.

Having worked and never claimed benifits I was made redundent so was looking for a job. Date May 2006.

In October 2004 my sister and I were given money to set up a wee shop but both continued working - this was ment to be a side line. The business has staff covering hours monday to saturday so we never needed to work in it only emergenceys. The business has always made losses of 5-10k. My sister still works with her employer. I am ill at the moment and awaiting an operation for trigeminal neualgia. So unable to work.

When working I earned 45k per year and never considered going in to the shop as couldn't afford to pay myself more than 10k per year. In addition to that I suffer from a medical condition that prevents me from lifting heavy things or standing for long periods of time. (womans thing!) I will have this operated on but NHS will only do this once family compleat! So feel this is strong evidence why I could not go in the shop - they are telling me that it was wrong I was on JSA when I had a business and employed staff. I know it sounds bad but I would never want to work in the shop Full time I was experence Customer service manager managing 100 staff thats what I wanted to do.

When I called to call centre I explain that I had my own business (partner). And that it had never made any money and I did not receive and financial benifits from it. They sent me out the forms and I lost them. (I have now found them and it states on there form that I have own business etc) When I called back I told them situation again and girl said situation complicated so would send manual forms (I have a copy of these). I went to jobcenter and got them to help me complete them and the guy (I know his name and they can track him) he told me that due to my situation I was to put down self employed bookeeper. I did this. Now JSA are saying that it is fraud. I went on to JSA and Council tax relief and got this for 6 months I still have evidence of interviews and provided these at my work focused interviews.

The form also asks about investments and it never entered my head the shop was one because it was not making money I put down no to the question. I see somewhere else an investment is not classed an investment unless it is 16k or more? My accountant will confirm that the business was making a loss of more than 5k.

It also asked me if I use my home for business I put down no as I was not trading from home or receive tax releif for having my business.

I am not sure what else they are going to hit me with next. Can anyone give me advice on this?

A very stressed lady!!

I don't have any advice for you as such - all except to suggest you be 100% honest, you won't go wrong if you be completely up front with them.

I have joined here as I had a letter from a compliance officer (little did i know someone had maliciously and falsely reported me) so I did a thread on here titled "A compliance officer is coming to visit me" and I got the best advice ever.

"If you've done no wrong, theres no need to worry"

So just be honest, and point out any mistakes by yourself or them that are genuine. (mistakes are allowed)

I wish you all the best of luck, and please let us know how you get on?

xXx

Hi all, how did you get on with this, did things go ok for you?

I found this thread when looking for info as I had to give uo my job after having my son a few months ago, but starting back work soon.

Split with partner end of April and claimed income support etc. They messed it up at first but then ok, but have now had a letter from a compliance officer wanting me in for an interview 2moro about a 'query that has arisen regarding your claim for benefits' :confused:

What does that mean, any advice Hunni-bee would be much appreciated!

Really hope you got somewhere wiht this lot Biggranty:)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

ukbix, thanx for the reply. Allok, they wanted to see me to ensure maintenance was being paid for the kids....that was all but it sure worries you!

I cannot live like this, feeling like you constantly have to justify yourself, I feel really sorry for those who are unable to work and have to deal with that system.

thanks again, panic over!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p