• Tweets

• You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though.     A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees.   https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
    • China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Theft of data accusation at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been loosely accused of stealing company data ALL information that points at me is purely circumstancial, but I have been suspended since June on full pay while they investigate.

A 3rd Party Person (whom I know) has offered (and sent) a sample of some company data to a 4th Party who in turn told us.

The claim to have a full copy of our company's live client database but on further pressing they now claim to have "lost it"/"never had it"/"no longer have the PC it was on" (story has changed a few times).

The only connection to the company appears to be me as I know this 3rd party (semi socially and I do some unpaid web development work for him occasionally).

The company has brought in a "Risk Analysis Professional" who has interviewed a few people including myself in the meeting this week they have asked to see copies of my personal bank statements and personal telephone bills to check for unusual payments into my account (bulk or small regular), and also see if I have been in contact with this 3rd party.

If I say No, they say I am hindering their investigation - but surely this is a breech of my civil rights?

They also asked if i would want to take a polygraph test (lie detector) - I have declined this as it's not a normal process in UK law.

And lastly they have asked to have my personal computer equipment from home to do a forensic scan to look for any of the missing data (*I never work on company stuff at home and so it wont be on my pc)

I am in the situation where I cannot possibly defend myself, I haven't commited this theft, but I have no way to prove this.

Any suggestions what to do/say?

Others better versed in employment laws will be along shortly. My initial reaction is that a private company cannot ask for most of what they asking for. Only the police can do this, and only in the investigation of a suspected crime.

By not agreeing to their demands you may well be hindering their investigation, but it is up to them to prove you have done something wrong, not for you to prove you haven't.

if you have been accused of stealing.......don't mess around ask them to call the police

contact your solicitor and get him to request why they have suspended you in writting

Do not take any tests or allow you pc to be copied

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Hmmm, sounds as though you are the scapegoat in this. So I am inclined to agree with the above. Dont allow them to have your computer (who's to say the true culprit isnt one of the people making the accusations and couldnt put information on your PC)

And tell them to involve the police.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

The actual wording on the suspension letter is:-

"22nd June 09

Dear Mole,

Further to our meeting this afternoon, and in line with the Company's disciplinary procedure, I am suspending you on full pay as we have reasonable belief you may be involved in client data being removed from the company premises.

During this period I must remind you that you remain an employee of the Company and it may be necessary for me or HR to contact you at any time. In the meantime you should not seek to contact any member of the company.

Suspension from duty, on full pay, is not regarded as disciplinary action, but merely a holding measure pending further investigation and where it is clearly undesirable for an individual to be in work.

I will contact you in due course pending further investigation.

Yours sincerely,

The FD

"

The actual wording on the suspension letter is:-

"22nd June 09

Dear Mole,

Further to our meeting this afternoon, and in line with the Company's disciplinary procedure, I am suspending you on full pay as we have reasonable belief you may be involved in client data being removed from the company premises.

During this period I must remind you that you remain an employee of the Company and it may be necessary for me or HR to contact you at any time. In the meantime you should not seek to contact any member of the company.

Suspension from duty, on full pay, is not regarded as disciplinary action, but merely a holding measure pending further investigation and where it is clearly undesirable for an individual to be in work.

I will contact you in due course pending further investigation.

Yours sincerely,

The FD

"

The bit that I have highlighted simply does not stand up in law and should be ignored if you wish. It can only substantially hold true for working hours and work matters - they cannot forbid all contact.

I wonder what they think they could do if your partner/relative/team mates/best buddy worked for the company? Also, if this does go to disciplinary, you are entitled in law to have a work colleague of your reasonable choice present - how do you contact him/her under this instruction?

As others have advised, you do not have to give your employer, or this external company, any access whatsoever to your bank statement, telephone bills, personal computer, etc. It is for them to prove the matter, not surmise because you won't co-operate.

Great,

thanks for the replies guys.

As you can imagine, I am losing a lot of sleep over this, they seem to be dragging their heels over it.

The MD wants me back in, as does the IT manager, but the whole board of directors consists of 5 people with the CEO and they don't know me as well. I am currently seeking employment elsewhere as I don't really feel like going back there at all.

do not buckle to constructive dismissal.....dont leave !!!!

as such you are on full pay with time off right now.....and it's summer !!!!

if they decide to sack you, you will have a claim for unfair dismissal

as they have not called the police or found any evidence they would be on sticky ground

also i have been round a board room a few times....what someone says to your face is not what they may be saying or doing behind your back

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Hi there Mole,

Terrible situation you are in, Truth is the best defence or something along those lines is what lawyers say lol :)

But anyway, to try and help you get some sleep do the following :

Write to the company, and detail that you feel you have done nothing wrong and not committed any crime, however if they feel you have (theft) then you kindly request that they contact the police to take the investigation further; also by law you are not required to provide them with half the things they asked for.. al ie detector test?! Who do they think they are for goodness sake. But anyways, write that brief letter directing them to the police as the allegations made are of a serious nature. sent by recorded mail of course

Also as someone stated, get in touch with your solicitor and get him to send a letter asking them to detail EXACTLY why you have been suspended..refrencing any points within your contract it relates too etc.

Hope this helps :)

XXX Banking Plc: (Cant Disclose for Legal Reasons at the mo)

Sexual Discrimination/Breach of DPA 1998 Letter before Action Sent : 03/06/2009 :| (Delivered 05/06/2009)

<Response to settle to be received from them no later than 23/06/2009 or court papers filed>

Response received on 25/06/09 but dated 23/06/09

Tribunal CMD to be held via telephone on 31/08/09

Pre-Hearing Review Date to be set

Hi there Mole,

Terrible situation you are in, Truth is the best defence or something along those lines is what lawyers say lol :)

But anyway, to try and help you get some sleep do the following :

Write to the company, and detail that you feel you have done nothing wrong and not committed any crime, however if they feel you have (theft) then you kindly request that they contact the police to take the investigation further; also by law you are not required to provide them with half the things they asked for.. al ie detector test?! Who do they think they are for goodness sake. But anyways, write that brief letter directing them to the police as the allegations made are of a serious nature. sent by recorded mail of course

Also as someone stated, get in touch with your solicitor and get him to send a letter asking them to detail EXACTLY why you have been suspended..refrencing any points within your contract it relates too etc.

Hope this helps :)

I would tend to disagree with this,

Leave the company to screw themselves up; do not complicate matters or inadvertently give them ammunition. All I would put into writing at this stage is a formal refusal for them to have access to your personal documents and computer, and you refusal to undergo a polygraph test.

You have a lawful letter of suspension that sufficiently details why (except for the sentence I mentioned above)

Ok we are a bit further on.

I have heard nothing since my meeting with the investigator until a phone call tonight from HR saying "did you receive my letter i posted yesterday - you need to attend a Disciplinary Hearing tomorrow at 09:30"

I hadn't and so the HR guy hand delivered a copy to my house.

"Dear Mole,

following the investigatory meeting that was held with {the IT mgr}, I write to advise you are required to attend a disciplinary hearing.

The allegation against you is misconduct; the company has a reasonable belief you have been involved in client data being removed from the company premises.

If this allegation is found against you, you could be summary dismissed under stage four of the disciplinary procedure. I would like to make it perfectly clear that nodecisions will be made until you have had full opportunity to state your case.

You are entitled to be accompanied by a work colleague or Trade Union representative, if you so wish, during the hearing. The person who accompanies you will be allowed to make representations on your behalf but they will not be allowed to answer questions for you.

Please find attached a copy of the company disciplinary procedure.

{HR guy}

"

So are they gonna try to sack me without ANY evidence?

They can't inform you tonight of a disciplinary meeting tomorrow. They are required - in law - to give reasonable notice.

They are also supposed to give you copies of evidence upon which they will be relying - in order that you may formulate your defence.

Your company are setting themselves for a fall.

Please be aware that your employer doesn't need real evidence to dismiss you.

All they need is the 'reasonable belief' that they have quoted in both their letters to you. (Someone has advised them to use that phrase.)

They may feel that, if you are the only link that they can discover to the 3rd party, then it's reasonable to believe that you are the leaker.

To dismiss you for gross misconduct, if they still feel this 'reasonable belief' at the end of this disciplinary meeting, will not be considered to be unfair dismissal.

It won't matter that you are innocent.

It is in your interest to defend yourself as far as you feel able.

Tell them that you didn't do it and that you don't know how the 3rd party came by their information.

If you know that other people in the company are aquainted with the 3rd party then say so.

Showing your bank statements will demonstrate that you have nothing to hide and should make their 'belief' less 'reasonable'.

If the 3rd party doesn't appear on your phone bills, ditto.

(If the 3rd party does appear on your phone bills, explain what the call was about.)

Obviously the lie-detector is a non starter.

You have nothing to lose but your job.