1 x Goods Never Received; 1 x Goods handed back after 10 days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening all.

I am being chased by the friendly bods at AIC with respect to 2 agreements which were taken out in March '07. Due to personal circumstances, it has only just been brought to my attention what these two agreements were for, and that I am being chased is a little confusing.

One of the agreements was taken out and the goods were ordered. Due to health problems I was in hospital for an extended period and never took delivery of the goods. A patient advocate visited the store from where the goods were ordered and the situation was explained to them. On leaving hospital, I never had a call from the store and (wrongly) assumed that the matter had been settled. In this case, the store have had the equipment, and the funding from the finance company. The store is now in administration.

The other agreement, I did receive the goods but due to the aforementioned hospital admission, I was advised to return the item back to the dealer. This was done after having had the item for ten days. Again, due to a Patient Advocate visiting the place where the goods were bought, I assumed that the matter had been dealt with. However, it would appear that although the item was returned to the store in April, a credit against the finance agreement was not made until September of the same year and has left a £7k shortfall as a result. Surely the item should have been handed back to the finance co by the store after the situation was brought to their attention? Not left as stock for 5 months before a credit was made? This has obviously had a detrimental effect on the amount that is owed on the agreement. I accept that due to the nature a depreciation on the equipment, an amount will be owed. £7k for ten days does seem a little steep though..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have this weekend received a letter from AIC stating that, with regards the first agreement, they have passed the matter back to the original finance house and to send all future correspondence to them.

Edited by speculator
addition