Taking the first steps

fabhat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've finally sorted myself - gone through all my statements and will send of my prelim letter to HSBC today, for £749.50 in charges. I haven't even attempted to try and work out the interest on the overdraft that would have been added - mainly because the amounts have been quite small £27.5 etc in comparison to the overdraft (£1.600) or is it worth working out what percentage of that figure is from the charges, and then adding it to the statement of account? I'm be delighted if I just get back the 750 quid...

let me know if anyone else has managed to work out the interest on the overdraft - I did look a vampiresses spreadsheets, which were great, but seemed to be more for the 8% to be added after a court claim.

Best of luck to everyone else too. the stories on here are quite heartening...

fabhat

• 3 weeks later...

update:

Have just received a letter from HSBC (according to the date on their letter - 2 days late, and I've been away on holiday) in response to my first letter.

asking me for an itemised breakdown, which I have already sent them...shall I just send them the second letter and the charges breakdown again?

here's hoping...

fabhat

UPDATE Step 2: I have amended the LBA letter to acknowledge Mr Langdale at HSBC's reply, but to continue with the 14 day programme. Maybe if I'm really lucky they'll decide to pay before the 14 days expire - otherwise court here we come!

Hiya,

well done for starting the claim. The bit about the breakdown of charges iss within a standard acknowledgement letter HSBC seem to send out. They obviously didn't bother to amend it to show the fact they already have this. I bet you will find once you sent your LBA letter and yet another copy of charges(if this is what your going to do) you will get an offer from them stating that basically they are not acting unlawfully however as they are aware of costs and time of going to court they will without acknowledging blame of any sort offer you i'd guess three quaters of your full claim amount as a full and final settlement blah, blah, blah. Then it's upto you to take their offer or keep going. Either way you will hold all the cards just depends how quickly you want to get some money. If you can hold out and get it all back.

Good JOB!

17th august 06-claimed back 725.00 from HSBC in full (personal account)

28th august -just added up over 19,000 in business charges with husbands HSBC account! ABOUT TO START PROCESS OF RECLAIMING MONIES.

Thanks Dolfus,

It all feels a bit like wading through treacle doesn't it - still getting the first reply from HSBC means that the ball has started rolling, and that has to be a good thing!

fabhat

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, today is 14 days after my last letter (my LBA) and I've heard nothing from HSBC. I left the house earlier than the post this morning, so I figure it's fair to wait until I get home tonight, just in case they have sent me a letter - but I doubt it somehow. So...is the next step to file a court action? I'm a little frightened, even though I know they're very unlikely to go as far as court. Any help anyone can give me with filling out the details on the moneyclaim for? All advice gratefully received...

fabhat

£749.50 claim against HSBC - sent 2 letters, one response to prelim letter and no response to second LBA letter yet.

Sorry - I've looked everywhere, but I can't find any info on whether to click yes to reserve the right to claim interest on the MCOl form...I've added the interest into my claim, so am i reserving the right to claim more, or just what I've already claimed...

Please help!!

fabhat

I'm sorry - I've had to start a new thread, as i can't find a way to change the title of my old thread - apols to moderators.

Sorry - I've looked everywhere, but I can't find any info on whether to click yes to reserve the right to claim interest on the MCOl form...I've added the interest into my claim, so am i reserving the right to claim more, or just what I've already claimed...

Please help!!

fabhat

I'm sorry - I've had to start a new thread, as i can't find a way to change the title of my old thread - apols to moderators.

hi please read the FAQ they guide you through, interest is calculated under sect69. :D :D

thank you very much! I know it sounds daft, but it just feels like every step is attempt by the banks to get you to mess up and invalidate your own claim. I'll finish my form now...here's to getting some money back!

Hi Dan/Chris

Still waiting for any response. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything...Feels a bit frightening taking them to court - but I feel less worried knowing they haven't taken anyone else on in court - yet!

Any news on yours?

fabhat

Still NOTHING from HSBC - what are other people's experience of this - do they generally go all the way to the wire? I'm hoping they haven't decided that I'm going to be a test case...any advice/reassurance etc to stop me chewing my nails off would be gratefully received.

fabhat

At last - a letter from DG solicitors. Wanting a breakdown of charges...for the third time! What shall I write in the letter? Just a simple here are the charges, i look forward to hearing from you soon type thang?

• 2 weeks later...

I GOT IT!!! Hurrah - a letter from D&G offering me the full amount...have crossed out the confidentiality clause and sent back my signed letter. Now, do I cancel the court action now, or wait until they've sent me a cheque? Help please...

And thanks to everyone on here who's helped - I definitely couldn't have done it without this site. £46 on the way to the site, once I get my money.

fabhat

Hiya fabhat,

Congratulations on the claim!!! just read through the history of the thread, looks like it went well! Was there any worry about the bank closing your account? i'm about to start for the first time and am a touch worried, any advice on how to start?

I have downloaded the first letter but I was not sure if I should set up a back-up account in case they choose to close mine?

Again, well done with the claim, thats given me hope!

Thanks in advance

Jimbo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had closed that account 2 years ago ( because they were so bad) and gone somewhere else already, so I had less risk than other people in some ways. But lots of people on here seem to be okay when they do it once, but watch out if you need to do it twice. Hope it all goes really well for you - lots of luck.

fabhat

Michael - thanks for that - I just got all the court details, saying that HSBC had put in a defence, so will wait til I actually have the money before I tell the court it is all sorted.