• Tweets

• I have now been given a court date vs Evri, 4th Sept 2024. I have completed my court bundle, when am I expected to send copies to the court and Evri and should it be in hard copy or electronic? The Notice of Allocation states that no later than 7 days before the directions hearing both parties must send to the other party their final offers to settle. Does this mean I will have to tell Evri what I'm willing to settle? Rgds, J
    • Ok how about this to the CEO? I know it sounds super desperate but lets call a spade a spade here, I am super desperate: Dear Sir, On 29th November 2023 I took out a loan of £5000 with you. Unfortunately very early into 2024 I found myself in financial difficulty (unexpected bills and two episodes of sickness and the tax office getting my tax code wrong resulting in less pay for two months) and I contacted you (MCB) on 13th February 2024 asking if there was any way I could extend the length of my loan to 36 months. I fully explained why I was requesting this and asked for your help. I did not receive a reply to that email so I again contacted you on 7th March 2024 to advise you of a change in my circumstances which resulted in me having to take out a DMP and asking you to confirm that the direct debit had been cancelled. You would have also received confirmation of this DMP from StepChange but you did not acknowledge receipt of my email. I have only managed to make one payment from my loan but did try and contact MCB to discuss extending my loan, help etc.  I have now therefore fallen behind on several of my debts, yours included, and as a result you have lodged a Cifas marker against my name for "evasion of payment", which has resulted in me having to change banks, which has been an extremely difficult process because of the Cifas marker. I do not feel you have been fair or given me the opportunity to fully explain my situation to you before you lodged the marker against my name. I appreciate it is a business and you have acted accordingly, but I did try to make contact to arrange alternative arrangements and at no point, not even to this day, did I ever intend to not repay my loan. I cannot stress to you enough how much this has affected my mental health. I am having trouble sleeping and my existing health condition has been exacerbated by all of this. What I would like you to do is to please, please remove the Cifas marker and let me make arrangements to pay the loan back through a DMP.  Please sir, I am begging for your help here. I am not a dishonest person and I have never been in a situation like this before. I am desperately trying to make things right but this marker is killing me. Please can you help me? I look forward to hearing from you. Yours faithfully,
    • Just be careful with your language on what you post here - Keep it above board Lets see what you send to the big boss. 
    • I made that payment on 13th Feb, then it all went down hill. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Vultures Are Hovering

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guy's,

I have just been made redundant and whilst I have mortgage protection I did not take it out for my cc's and other loans and HP.

I have contacted my cc companies and most were sympathetic but they obviously want their money. Can anyone advise me how I can get through this as I am 2 months behind payments now and getting charged overdue payment charges.

Also, Amex has sold my debt already to Newman DCA and they are pestering me for full payment plus 238.00 "referal fee".

Please help as I am going under fast....

238 referal fee

they can bog off

referal for what may i ask

to begin with, ask each one of your creditors for a payment break or to ask if a token payment can be made for a few months

ask if they can hold interest and charges also for a few monthsl

Hello Dive1082!

Please help as I am going under fast....
Right, start with a blank page, and list out the priority Debts first.

Then cross off anything that is not really a priority.

You should be left with:

Mortgage

Council Tax

Electricity

Water

Food

Key Family (i.e. kids)

Telephone (possibly)

That is it, work out how to pay them, and forget the rest for now. If you don't pay the above, you will have real problems and pretty soon you may have no home to live in. Always pay the key debts.

Now start dumping absolutely everything else. Cancel every insurance, every subscription, every membership, you name it, get rid of it.

If you have any money left over after that, then you can look at adding back 2nd level key debts, such as:

Telephone/Mobile

Car Insurance/Tax

TV Licence

Beer (one night a week or you may well go mad otherwise)!

Shop on a cash budget, and stop using all Credit Cards. Throw them away. Buy only what you have the Cash to buy it with. This will become a habit of a lifetime if you get past this.

Then start looking for employment, because that is where the main solution will lie. Don't go down in flames while looking for work, as you could have a long search in this recession. Hence the above crash stop on spending, and the need to get a handle on the key things right now. Tomorrow is too late.

Next step is to deal with all of the unsecured creditors, and that's where CAG comes in.

Draw up a list, and then people can help you to work out the best strategy to get through this. They are not the priority, but they will hassle you to try and make you think they are.

But all the really dangerous Creditors (Mortgage, Council Tax etc) will stay very quiet, and will not kick up a fuss. They don't need to, because they already have real power and they will use it. The ones that make the most fuss are likely to be the ones that you do not need to worry about, for now...such as Credit Cards, Loans, HP etc. Make them wait because you have far more important bills that must be paid first. Don't equate who makes the most noise with who needs to be paid first!

BTW, Amex probably still own the Debt, all they have done is instruct Newmans DCA to hassle you. Hop over to the Amex Forum, to get a handle on how Amex and Newmans DCA operate:

Amex - The Consumer Forums

Good luck with it all.

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Clarity
  • Haha 2

Especially as such a referal fee is against OFT guidelines.

But hey, thats Newman for you, trying to exploit people at times like this.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Hi dive 1082 , I too was made redundant long before finding CAG .Due to the lies and pressures applied by both OCs and DCAs I almost lost my home, you have already been given good advice ,BRWs advice seems really good ,do try to pay priority bills first and leave the unsecured lending until last. Remember that most of the threats that DCAs use will never be carried out , as you get to grips with your creditors you may even begin to enjoy the postman bringing new DCAs to defeat as I now do. Good luck for the future

sleepingdog

Dive,

When it comes to budgetting and sorting out your priority debts, this may help: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/157162-income-expenditure-budgetting-spreadsheet.html

It's based around the way the CCCS work. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Section 78, Consumer credit Act 1974

This fellah

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Send it to Newmans recorded or special devivery along with a £1 postal order.

Print your name, do not sign the letter.

You are asking for a copy of the original agreement that you signed. They have 12 + 2 working days to provide it. When you get it back, post it up, (remove personal details etc.)

You are making them prove they have any right to collect this debt, for starters.

David

PS Send the same to whoever else is shouting as well.

Great! many thanks for the help. I will get it sorted out today and let you know what reply I get...

Section 78, Consumer credit Act 1974

This fellah

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Send it to Newmans recorded or special devivery along with a £1 postal order.

Print your name, do not sign the letter.

You are asking for a copy of the original agreement that you signed. They have 12 + 2 working days to provide it. When you get it back, post it up, (remove personal details etc.)

You are making them prove they have any right to collect this debt, for starters.

David

PS Send the same to whoever else is shouting as well.