Sainsburys and Me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having a rest from Link-GE Money (everythings quiet with them at the moment, must still be up the tree eating the bananas.)

Anyway just received nice letter from Sainsburys saying

"As at todays date your account is £xxxxx over its credit limit of £xxxx and you now need to make a payment to bring the account within the agreed limit.

To help us assist you in resolving this matter quickly you can telephone the aove helpline number an operator will be able to take your payment by Switch or Delta Debit Card (yeh, yeh, yeh, don't be daft)

We felt it necessary to bring this matter to your attention as an overlimit situation can result in transactions being declined. You wil also incur charges until this situation is resolved.

If a payment has been mae in the last few days, please accept our apologies and disregard this letter"

Standard letter obviously.

In another envelope arrives the statement showing

Notice of Default Sums

Transacction Charges : Overlimit £12

Total Default Sums £12

Now as I've been on DMP for 12 months and they've never bothered to acknowledge this and have just kept piling on the interest (after me asking them not to five times in the last year) what is the concensus of everyone should I now go down the CCA route. I am sure that I never signed an agreement and that I would know of definate if the application form has been changed due to various thing and this application form was done in store. Or should I SAR them in the hope that they produce the agreement along with the statements etc., There has not been a default registered with this account as yet.

Comments would be much applicated.

Thanks

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Hi Diamondgirl,

I am now subbing your thread, I would CCA them first but no doubt you will get a standard reply similar to mine. At least they do reply!

I have neglected my Sainsburys one at the moment to concentrate on my MBNA ones but I am still paying it, although now will become a struggle as less hours at work so less pay!

Just need to find the next appropriate letter to send.

D50.

Hi Diamondgirl,

I am now subbing your thread, I would CCA them first but no doubt you will get a standard reply similar to mine. At least they do reply!

I have neglected my Sainsburys one at the moment to concentrate on my MBNA ones but I am still paying it, although now will become a struggle as less hours at work so less pay!

Just need to find the next appropriate letter to send.

D50.

Hi Dotty50

Have you sent Sainsburys an I&E and an offer that you can afford. If not it's worth a try. There is an I&E template on the forum or you could go to CCCS website and download one from there.

I'm going to CCA them at weekend I've just not got time this week do anything.

Hi diamondgirl,

No not sent I & E yet but probably will as it gets more difficult to pay.

Also have a Halifax cc and it looks like they have an enforceable agreement so will have to make F & F offer to them first I think.

Of course this too is BOS --- same as Sainsburys!

Will be interested too see if I get a favourable response.

Hi

Still not had time to CCA Sainsburys yet but letter typed ready.

Got home from work to find two letters from them one dated 2nd July one dated 6th July.

1st one signed by the lovely Charlotte Senior Operations Manager stating

Despite previous reminders your account remains xxxxx in excess of your agreed credit limited (yeh yeh bxxxxy interest charges)

We would remind you that under the T&C of your agreement your balance must be remain (as typed in their letter) within the agreed limited. As you have failed to adher your card is now invalid (has been for over 12 months)

You should not attempt to use the card (not got it anymore) as your transactions will not be authorised (bully for them.)

Failure to rectify the position or contact us to discuss the situation with the next seven days will result in a DN under the T&C of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (yeh yeh we all know about that now don't we)

To help us assist you in resolving the matter quickly telephone the above helpline an operator will be able to take your payment by Switch or Delta Debit Card. (yeh sure they will.)

2nd letter

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the above account. We are sorry to hear of your current financial difficulties and appreciaste that this is a difficult time for you.

We acknowledge you are currently seeking professional help and advise in order to deal with your financial situation.

I norder for us to hold your account to prevent further action we would appreciate it if you could contact us on the above telephone number and make a small token payment as a gesture of goodwill (haven't I been doing that for over 12 months?)

Please note that interest and charges will continue to be debited until we receive a financial statement and an offer of payment from a Debt Management Company or a self help pack which meets our current repayment policy (they've had one for 12 months and just ignored it.)

Signed by the same lovely Charlotte

Have you ever seen such a load of rubbish although they were rather quick after all I sent my letter on the 29th June.

I think they will be getting info from CCCS after I've rang them tomorrow and they will be getting a CCA request sent to them on Saturday (first day I can get to the PO).

Any comments on their lovely communication would be of interest and by the way I did put in communication only in writing so why am I likely to ring them.

Its very interesting at work when the lovely DCAs and CCC ring up to speak to someone about a client, they don't rant and rave at the Company so they can actually speak to people in a civil manner if they really try but I bet it hurts them so much.

Edited by diamondgirl
added para

• 2 months later...

Hi Diamondgirl,

Just wondered how you are doing with Sainsburys. I haven't pursued mine any further at present as concentrating on others.

Halifax responded to my F & F but not favourably, guessed as much.

Just thought I would see if you had done anything further.

D50 :)

• 8 months later...

Not been around much recently - no pc.

Well Sainsburys finally decided to pass me and CCCS over after 18 months.

Letter a week ago from Blair Oliver telling me to ring urgently otherwise we MAY send someone round, yah like I"m going to phone them. Sent them the don't darken my doorstep letter.

Lo and behold to letter stating they have been instructed to commence court proceedings and papers are being prepared. Letter ready to go off to them. My luck is that they will go through Northampton. Must admit there has been a load of charges added and the interest has been mounting up. After my dealings with Link and Court papers they don't scare me.

CCA request ready to go to Sainsburys Monday. I'm am pretty sure that they don't have an actual agreement only an application and I didn't complete that the guy in the store did and he messed it all up so I'll know for a fact if the copy isn't the original one but as always it's mine word against theirs.

Keep you posted when and if the application form comes back.

DG

Ah good old Sainsburys and Blair oliver and stupid! I received a letter from them a couple of years ago saying they were instructed to prepare court papers....ignored them...I had been paying £10 a month to Sainsburys and they had frozen interest and charges (eventually) last week I got a letter saying it had been sold to Cabot :( or :) depending on which way you look at it lol....Blair Oliver & Stupid are part of Halifax who part own Sainsburys, so basically just in house debt collectors...

Sainsburys were adament they had sent me a copy of a properly executed agreement, if that was so why have they now flogged it off to Cabots?

Send you CCA and post up what they send.

Good luck :)

Stupids not the word that I was thinking of but I suppose it fits. As I say they don't scare me.

DG

• 1 year later...

Well nothing much going on here but i've now decided to DSAR Sainsburys I want all the charges and interest back that they took off me in the 1st place so I need all my statements will post up when I get my information back - if i do get it

DG

Same here, got mine in store. After a few years could not pay, made arrangements to make token payments and they stopped interest. Been paying non stop but still got hassled by BO&S, they later sold to Cabot, still making token payments. Not sure what will happen in the future though as my invalidity benefit is up for review.