Experian

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of questions really.

Firstly, if I ask for a free credit check from Experian, will that information then be passed on to other debt collection agencies? The last thing I want is anyone crawling out of the woodwork trying to claw money out of me that I don't owe.

Also, is a debt statute barred if I have moved address in those 6 years and the original company don't know about it? If they were to contact me now after all this time, would I default the chance of it being statute by not being at the original address where they thought they could contact me about it?

Your answers would be really helpful to me on this.

Edited by kane3000

yep, if you apply for any credit or service that requires a search then it will probably show up.

Which could in turn alert the cretins.

Notts

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

If you ask for a credit report you will have to give your old address to get any relevant information, this will then link your new address and it will be flagged which will gain the attention of the DCAs.

It doesn't matter where you have lived if a period of six years has elapsed where no written admission or payment has been made it will be Statute Barred assuming they haven't acquired a CCJ by using your last known address to obtain it.

If it is Statute Barred now and they contact you all you have to do is send them this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

what do you mean about the 'assuming they haven't used my previous address?

If I haven't been in contact and neither have they, if by some means they got my old address, would that then mean that it couldn't be statute barred because they can link the two? How would that affect the 6 year silence?

Of am I completely reading you answer incorrectly?! :confused:

If you have not admitted to the debt or made any payment for a clear period of six years it will be Statute Barred.

You could have lived at a different address every week during this time, it doesn't matter. However DCAs have been known to use a persons last known address to obtain a CCJ. You can check to find out yourself online at CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online but it will cost £8.

Yes a CCJ never becomes Statute Barred, however if they haven't enforced it within six years of them obtaining it they would need to apply to the court and seek permission to continue enforcement & they would have to show good reason.

Likewise you could apply to have the CCJ overturned because you were not served the papers.