• Tweets

• Hi mitm are you able to DM me? Need some advice and rather just take off here for now. Won’t let me DM you as a new user. 
    • Just a little something for consideration When a card is compromised, the replacements can be set up to automatically allow or manually re-add, old recurring transactions. The card issuer may ask you to confirm legitimate transactions which they would effectively 'migrate' to the new card Some do - some don't. Some staff on some cards seem to be entirely unaware/uncaring about this. Some card issuers expect you to sort it all out manually.   BUT if the leak is an ongoing lyca leakas it seems - as soon as you or your CC supplier give it to lyca/the leak source - compromised again     A note on security DONT use the same email or phone number for your banking as you do for sims etc. Although a bank eg santander leak would compromise this Infp seems to suggest that single/compromised multi factor authentication customers are priority targets, with more robustly secure cards being hit by 0.00 tests first Consider that the email address is one of the OTP recieving options AND one of the OTP security checks prior to sending the OTP - with the phone number being another So if they've got your card and email (same email for banking and end contact) - and you aren't forcing a phone OTP - you are compromised.  
    • Thanks for posting up the back of the NTK. The good news s that as it does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act, it means that you are not liable for the charge as the keeper as I explained in a previous post.  The PC fails for two reasons. The first is that it does not specify the period of parking. All it does is list the arrival and departure times of your car. Obviously that does not include the time taken to drive to the car parking space, manoeuvre the car into the space and later drive from the space to the exit. Nor does their times include things like getting kids disabled people out of and into the car as well as things like returning the trolley whilst still being parked. All of which can add a fair bit of time to the parking period which can then be subtracted from their ANPR times and makes your actual parking time a lot shorter than 118 minutes they seem to think it is. The second reason is that they failed to ask the keeper to pay Schedule 4 Section 9 [2][e]  (e)state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges You as keeper are now in the clear which is a good reason for you to contact Sainsbury  stating that you are being pursued as the keeper when you are not liable under the Act as well as the oher things I suggested in my previous post. If you don't get it cancelled with Sainsbury this could drag on for months with endless letters unlawfully pushing the price up to scare you into paying.  
    • Brilliant! That's great to hear and honestly pleased I'm wrong, my advice was out of concern. I checked some of your previous posts last night and you've been giving great advice to others at times. Bringing a claim can be serious (counter-claims etc) and it didn't appear you were knowledgeable based on posts so far. Far from an expert myself, just interested and will try to help. I'll sit on the sidelines, best of luck with the claim!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

council tax dept overpaid benefit so sent revised bill, a payment of less than one month due on that revised monthly sum due was missed (due to an IT fault on their online payment system). at end of financial year a summons was issued for the new financial years payment in full plus the missing sum plus costs?

I thought if an new arrangement had been reached and payments up to date on new sum due monthly for 09/10 year why has a liability order been sought and given??

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

pending flags inhibit recovery dont they?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

council tax dept overpaid benefit so sent revised bill, a payment of less than one month due on that revised monthly sum due was missed (due to an IT fault on their online payment system). at end of financial year a summons was issued for the new financial years payment in full plus the missing sum plus costs?

I thought if an new arrangement had been reached and payments up to date on new sum due monthly for 09/10 year why has a liability order been sought and given??

Sounds as though there is fault on the councils part, which will come under the critera of Offical Error, this shoud of resulted in a write off.

I would certanly complain to your council in an attempt to get this resolved.

The retailers worst nightmare !

I certainly will - its not the first time this council has been heavy handed to say the least! looking at the minutes they have 'overpaid' staff thousands and thousands 'by mistake' and are looking at writing it off????? but happy to send bailiffs to carers and pensioners!

I certainly will - its not the first time this council has been heavy handed to say the least! looking at the minutes they have 'overpaid' staff thousands and thousands 'by mistake' and are looking at writing it off????? but happy to send bailiffs to carers and pensioners!

Sorry to hear of your probs, ive been there, seen it etc, im constantly receiving overpayment notices, just at the tribunal stage with one of them now.

Exaust all the complaint channels, your local MP might be of use too !

Hope you get things sorted.

The retailers worst nightmare !

good luck with your case:)

thats what I thought! - just been informed by council 'thats the end of the matter?' but they now have a liability order and £100 costs to boot!! so very not the end of the matter.

so to recap - their is missing payment from the previous tax year of less than one month due, (isnt it usual not to proceed to court for less than one month?) of course offer to pay in place but seems unusual and thought I had seen written somewhere this is so? payment made on current year ok but dispute about previous, however, bailiff and liability order obtained, so are the council attributing this years payment to last but now have letter stating liability is for all of this year plus the missing sum from last and order states it is for 08/09 ????

Any notices or liability orders shouldn't carry over to the next billing period.

do you know of any legislation or documet I can quote from, my position is that a liability order has been obtained for a payment carried over from last year and now includes the whole of this year 09/10 even though this year is not in arrears? they are arguing it is but it was paid in full before the liability order was sought, now adding another £100 to the bill (used to be £40 didnt it???) so I want this cost back:mad:

Guest Happy Contrails
do you know of any legislation or documet I can quote from.

The regulations the council must follow when applying for a Liability Order and enforcing the non-payment for council tax is prescribed in Part VI of the The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992. More: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si1992/Uksi_19920613_en_7.htm#mdiv32

If the Authority fails to comply with these regulation then you are not liable for any enforcement charges or court fees. You are still liable for the council tax unless you did not live at the charge address. Contact the LGO and ask for compensation if the council is uncooperative or vexatious.

many thanks :) I will read it and write my letters.

Council tax: payments

21.—(1) Unless—

(a) an agreement under paragraph (5) in relation to the relevant year has been reached between the billing authority and the liable person before the demand notice is issued, or

(b) the authority has resolved that a Part II scheme shall have effect for the relevant year as regards dwellings of a class which includes the dwelling in respect of which the chargeable amount falls to be paid,

a notice to which paragraph (1) of regulation 20 applies shall require the amount mentioned in paragraph (2) of that regulation to be paid by instalments in accordance with Part I of Schedule 1 hereto.

(2) Where a billing authority has resolved as mentioned in paragraph (1)(b), a notice to which paragraph (1) of regulation 20 applies shall require the amount mentioned in paragraph (2) of that regulation to be paid by instalments in accordance with the provisions of the authority's Part II scheme.

(3) Where instalments are required to be paid in accordance with a Part II scheme or under Part I of Schedule 1, Part III of that Schedule applies for their cessation or adjustment in the circumstances described in that Part (subject, in the case of payments in accordance with a Part II scheme, to provision included in the scheme pursuant to paragraph 8(6) of Part II of that Schedule).

(4) If an agreement under paragraph (5) in relation to the relevant year has been reached between the billing authority and the liable person before the demand notice is issued, a notice to which paragraph (1) of regulation 20 applies shall require the amount mentioned in paragraph (2) of that regulation to be paid in accordance with that agreement.

(5) A billing authority and a liable person may agree that the amount mentioned in regulation 20(2) which is required to be paid under a notice to which regulation 20(1) applies shall be paid in such manner as is provided by the agreement.

(6) Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this regulation, such an agreement may be entered into either before or after the demand notice concerned is issued, and may make provision for the cessation or adjustment of payments, and for the making of fresh estimates, in the event of the estimate mentioned in regulation 20(2) turning out to be wrong; and if it is entered into after the demand notice has been issued, it may make provision dealing with the treatment for the purposes of the agreement of any sums paid in accordance with Part I of Schedule 1 or a Part II scheme before it was entered into.

(7) A notice to which regulation 20(4) or (5) applies shall (as the billing authority determines) require payment of the amount concerned—

(a) on the expiry of such period (being not less than 14 days) after the day of issue of the notice as is specified in it; or

(b) by instalments of such amounts as are specified in the notice, payable at such intervals and on such day in each interval as is so specified.

Edited by maybelline
interpretation?

so, I am trying to understand this info - and thinking this means that entering into an agreement even after the demand notice can be acceptable and the agreement is for the relevant tax year (i.e. not two tax years rolled together on one liability order)?

can we have a sticky that helps ordianry folk to understand the SSI stuff, what councils can and cannot do (sorry if I have missed this) i.e. how many day,s the correct format, not carrying over sums from financial years and so forth??

I for example have final notice for different sum to 2nd reminder and this is different again to the first notice, which was also incorrect as payment had been made day before, (I understand case law exists that states payments once made are considered made, online, by debit card etc and councils should not be adding days for clearing by banks!)

Guest Happy Contrails

Im happy to write it up but theres already a lot of stickies at the top of this forum, some of it is out-of-date. If you can identify the case law you mention in tyour post I'd be happy to include it in an article and in future letter templates.

thanks Happy Contrails, I think it is the OPSI you posted, I know there are deadlines, 7 days and so on but there must be other criteria to follow surely, I will try to find the info.