Very strange behaviour from MBNA

Coactum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hussy786,

I'd guess that the letter is yet another of their standard letters that the system keeps churning out and that if you are lucky another department will be dealing with your CCA.

As you know my CCA requests were simply ignored and looking through my own case it struck me that they have a well oiled machine that auto dials your phone number and sends begging letters but no such efficiency at dealing with any real communication.

The whole phone call bit is very strange. If you refer to my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/203269-introduction-background-my-debts.html you will see that I resorted to sending high pitched feedback down the line and that seemed to work.

Ever since they defaulted my accounts the calls have stopped.

Hi,

As I understand it there are a number of cases which are going before a senior judge soon which IMHO should reinforce the current situation.

I believe that MBNA has made a commercial decision not to store documents in the past and that it is now coming back to bite them!

Whenever a creditor makes an offer of a significant discount, in its first threatogram, I am minded that they are aware they are on a hiding to nothing.

My attitude is now to refuse to pass security and to say "I am happy to discuss anything you wish with a judge only - take me to court if you believe that you have any chance of success!"

As yet no one has taken up the offer.

GK

Your approach is admerable GamekeeperToPoacher but in the meantime a default sits on the account.

I have just been turned down for a job. It was a senior post and both interviews went exceptionally well, the latter of which lasted half a day. I'm of the opinion that if they ran a credit check they would be deeply conserned with my report.

That is why I'm trying to have the defaults removed even if that does mean I have to restore some sort of payment plan.

In this case however MBNA have failed to show any evidence that an Agreement exists between us and therefore should not have sold it on.

Hi all

I have received the leter from Optima Legal threatingning they are acting on behalf of their client (MBNA) and if I donot sort the issue with MBNA they will get a charge order against me.

I am advised by them to contact immediately to MBNA and sort the issue ASAP for my convienance they have printed on back of their letter income/expenditure form.

They also said no need to contact them (Optima Legal) direct but to contact MBNA.

This morning i received a letter of MBNA trying to help and pay the balance (which is half now ) in 3 months etc otherwise legal action etc.

Please advise as I am completely baffled .

please help what should I do (got no money to pay them as laid of from job as well ).

Help

Hussy

hehe Optima again DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THEM go to search above type in Help go to my thread and read from page 65 PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

it is most important that u now file safely every document from optima i would also scan to PC and store on photobucket.com

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi Hussy786, as a general rule of thumb I'd resist giving collection agents any information because whatever you do they will undoubtedly use it against you at some time. For example you refer to a charging order; well by giving income/expenditure you might be asked to enclose a wage slip and in so doing tell them exactly where they need to go to attach your wages!

Either reply stating why you are not paying or reply referring them back to their client who you may have previously given details to. Make them work to get any data out of you and be cautious with whatever you offer.

optima are not a debt collecter they are solicitors bankrolled by a very big PLC namely Capita

indeed specially reguarding income none of there business but i was trying to make u aware of the company u are dealing with because they will start court proceedings

going by part cases and my own they will after 3 letter demands but do not worry they usually make a balls up of the litigation hence why i said arm yourself with the info on my thread

as i said before from page 65 very useful

Does anyone know anything about the scanning process??

Would they have scanned the front and back of the application form simultaneously??

Your agreement Coactum is similar to mine in that the back appears to be a "flipped" copy of the front. Look at the black edge along the bottom.

Unless these were scanned simultaneously, then you wouldn't expect them to be at exactly the same angle, would you??

I've also read somewhere about a company employee admitting that they only scanned the fronts (don't think it was MBNA though) but that seems logical to me. I don't think they would ever have dreamt of the day when consumers such as us started challenging their agreements!!

It would also be useful to know if they have any image editing software in their offices such as Photoshop!!

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

I think you have a very valid point WelshMam2009 insofar as they probably only scan the front cover. To be frank I'd probably do the same. The data that changes is what you want to save every time all the standard stuff is the same for everyone so why bother scanning over and over. Mind you all it takes is for one of their staff to say they were scanned at the same time and we would have a devil of a job to prove otherwise!

I think you have a very valid point WelshMam2009 insofar as they probably only scan the front cover. To be frank I'd probably do the same. The data that changes is what you want to save every time all the standard stuff is the same for everyone so why bother scanning over and over. Mind you all it takes is for one of their staff to say they were scanned at the same time and we would have a devil of a job to prove otherwise!

Agreed, but they would also have to prove that such technology (duplex scanners??) both existed and were used.

I'm not saying that they didn't, because I honestly don't know. But bearing in mind a lot of these agreements are up to 15 years old, I have my doubts!! ;)

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

• 2 weeks later...
Hi blueotter, I have nothing to report. All has gone very quite. Somehow I suspect this is the lull before the storm!

I have to add here that things have gone totally silent for me for weeks and weeks as well. Wonder if they're in a phase of seeking further legal advice?