Credit Security Ltd Re Barclays Bank advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have recieved a demand for payment from Credit Security Ltd regarding an outstanding overdraft amount of £1666.66 with Barclays. The letter is a standard demand but says 're: Wescot Credit Services Ltd - Barclays Bank Plc' - does this mean that Credit Security are one and the same as Wescot??

As well as demanding payment it threatens that a collection officer will be instructed to call at my home if payment is not made, is there anything i can do regarding this debt as my husband is currently out of work and i am off sick after suffering a stroke. I am trying to plough thru all the paperwork i have avoided for the past few months but am becoming more and more depressed!

thanks

maudy xx

Hi

No only approx £120-£150, its been outstanding for approx 4 years now.

I reclaimed my bank charges and they settled out of court but its still left this amount :-(

thanks

maud26,

If you want immediate relief and a bit of breathing space get in touch with CAB or a.nother charity debt organsiation and then advise credit security Ltd that you are seeking help and advise them that they should hold all collection duties for 30 days as per the new government agreement with DCA's.

At most if you have no income coming into the house you should only be repaying £1 out of benefits / SSP, CAB should be able to help but if not we can advise on some letters to send them but unfortunately they tend to react quicker and better to the charitable organisations.

S.

Edited by the_shadow
terrible grammar and incorrect wording... schoolboy errors really :-(