Excell - Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a parking ticket having parked in Icelands car park and did not get a ticket, I waqs going to pay the £60.00 fine but after reading somewhere on this forum, the DVLA has supplied by personal data as registered keeper to Excell which is a private car management company unlawfully and got paid £2.50 for it. Can I protest this fine on these grounds i have 3 letter templates to send off one to the company, DVLA and Commissioners office (i think it is called that). Any advise please

Mashmallow:eek:

If you have a read around you'll discover that what you have is actually an invoice from a private company and not a "ticket" of the sort you get from the council or the old bill.

Excel are well known and have had a number of high profile losses in court when trying to enforce these charges.

Your best bet is not correspond with the company at all.

By all means make a complaint to the DVLA who will fob you off with how they provided the data lawfully. You could also write to the BPA who are supposed to make sure that their members comply with their rules. (By BPA rules you should have had an invoice placed on your car.

The other place to complain to, for all the good it does, is the information commissioner.

Best bet,IMV, is to ignore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just ignore it, it does not matter what it is called.

They will issue you a series of letters with threats and go away.

Do not take any notice, unless in the unlikely event they issue legal proceedings.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 3 months later...

Ignore that too.

You could inform the debt collection agency that the 'debt' is in dispute and refer them back to Excell, but if it were me, i wouldn't worry.

For the DCA to actually be able to do anything, you actually have to be taken to county court and loose... which has not and will not in all likely hood happen.

Im in dispute with Excel at present. I have all the evidence i need... yet they still demand money! Just ignore it.

I simply told them that I wasn't driving the car on the day the ticket was issued which is 100% true. Do you of any cases where people have been taken to court and told that if they can't or won't identify the driver they have to pay themselves. I am genuinely not sure but heard somewhere that you have a duty to know whose got your car at any time.

For the DCA to actually be able to do anything, you actually have to be taken to county court and loose... which has not and will not in all likely hood happen.

Even if it went to court a DCA would not be involved.

If it went to court, you lost, then didn't pay, then the claimant applied for enforcement, then the next people to get ivolved would be bailiffs, not mickey mouse DCA's.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Even if it went to court a DCA would not be involved.

If it went to court, you lost, then didn't pay, then the claimant applied for enforcement, then the next people to get ivolved would be bailiffs, not mickey mouse DCA's.

regards

Ah i see.

Still, it still gets the message across - ignore any letters as they are just, in the whole, empty threats from [problematic]. :)

I simply told them that I wasn't driving the car on the day the ticket was issued which is 100% true. Do you of any cases where people have been taken to court and told that if they can't or won't identify the driver they have to pay themselves. I am genuinely not sure but heard somewhere that you have a duty to know whose got your car at any time.

Then you have entered into no contract and don't have anything to worry about.

What you 'heard somewhere' is not relevant to PPC's. Would only be useful if you got a penalty from a real authority and you wanted to know who to blame.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.