offered part payment

jimpick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I recieved a reply from HSBC offering me £1900 in full and final payment for charges of £4500. They have enclosed a form for me to sign saying I will accept this as final payment.Do I accept the payment, saying that I accept this as part payment and wait for the remaining money to be offered and not sign the form, or decline the payment and carry on with the full claim. Jim

accept the payment, saying that I accept this as part payment and wait for the remaining money to be offered and not sign the form,

what you said hehe

• Confused 1

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

try some thing along the lines of

Dear Mr Banker

Please find enclosed your letter of offer, returned unsigned.

I will accept this offer as the first instalment toward my total claim of £X,XXX.XX, however, my claim will continue as stated in my previous letters until the remaining amount of £X,XXX.XX is paid in full.

Please also note that I reject any form of confidentiality clause.

Yours faithfully

Givitus Allback

• Confused 1

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

• 2 months later...

I have sent HSBC the letter before action letter and recieved no reply. What is my next step, I work away from home so can I register my claim at any court or does it have to be in my home town. I have bought the small claims package from this site, which form do I fill in to take to the court. Jim

you can use MCOL (money claim online) and the link is:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

just register and do it from there. dont worry about them not answering you...they cant ignore you after you file :D

just for your quickness, try this for the POC (particulars of claim) section:

Claimant has account ******** with Defendant from DATE conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of £xxxxx taken by Defendant in charges over 6 years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from (DATE OF FIRST CHARGE) to (DATE CLAIM SUBMITTED) of £xxxx

you will have to pay the court costs but thats fine if you have it to spare at the mo cos you get that back when they cough up the settlement :D

good luck x

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

• 2 months later...

yes, just like loads of other claims - this is normal - it's listed in the step by steps - step 7, i think. they now have 28 days from the date the claim was served - which is 5 days after you filed it. you should, upon receipt of your acknowledgment from the court - send your breakdown with a cover note to the court (3 copies) and also send a copy to dg solicitors - the info for them can be found on pg 2 of the ackn. where they ticked intend to defend. you may not hear from them right through the 28 days or you may get lucky and hear sooner. read other threads and you'll get a feel for how other claims are going - there are many at the same place as you. good luck. keep us posted.

also, it is easier for us to find you - if you just ask questions on your own thread, this one if fine. multiple posts just add to the chaos.

• Haha 1