• Tweets

• Ok I got the Parking company wrong. Sorry. The WS Witness Statement  is what you will need to complete if NPE decide to go to Court. So are you saying that when they finally got round to sending you the correct documents, they dated the new NTH the same date as the original NTH? I hope you have kept the original one and the correspondence with NPE, yourself and the ICO. So yes, please post everything up.
    • Why are you paying them anything? you are just running out the statute barred clock to infinity. Personally I'd stop paying them immediately, and ignore any further communication from them unless it's a letter of Claim.  Also have you moved since taking out the Credit card, if so you need to write to them with your current address.
    • No they must've redacted the contract, that was like that when I received it. Yes correct I was there for 90 seconds!  Yes I uploaded the whole contents of their response to my CPR31.14, which included the original PCN 
    • Hello, I have an old Capital One credit card debt under £1500 for which I've been paying £1 a month for 5+ years. I did a CCA request to Lowell and received the original signed CA plus statements from date of inception to the end of 2019. I can see from the statements that no payments were credited to the account for all of 2019. I know payments were made as they were part of my DMP with Payplan. At the time the account was with Fredrickson.  They have not provided any statements from 2020 to present and I am writing to them to request these. So I'm sure the balance they are pursuing is incorrect - can I dispute the debt amount based on this and render it unenforceable? I've trawled the forums and Google searched but can't find an answer, so apologies if it's been asked before. Any input most appreciated, thank you :-)  
    • Thank you for your comments everyone. I have spoken to Ico about recording my phone calls for my personal use and also mentioned it to a law firm they said i was ok as long as it was not shared and for my personal use. I would never share it. I can easy prove i need to record on disability grounds.. I normally make videos how i am to document my conditions and how i am affected. I have in the past obtained a phone call to doctors to reception by GDPR. Normally I have my partner with me now. The only way i found is to have a advocate with me. even with my partner with me a trainee gp seen a short video and said in front of my partner “are they voluntary or involuntary”   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Big Boss Man - ATM probs **REFUNDED**

Big Boss Man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Same thing happened to me Wednesday, tried to take £100 out, machine states unable to complete transaction, knowing that there where funds available i tried again, machine states the same message, i went to another cash machine and my withdrawal was succesfull.

Later that day i checked my online bank account, i noticed that there was 2 x £100 taken from my account, i immediatly telephoned my bank, i explained my concerns, they informed me that the machine would reverse the transaction within 24 hours, the money still has not been credited, i have now made a formal complaint and the bank has refered the matter to the owner of the machine, this is going to take some time and i am out of pocket £200, my bank would not even credit the £200 untill the investigation had been completed !

The retailers worst nightmare !

Hi BBM,

Keep on at both the bank, and the machine operator to get this resolved.

I've moved your post into your own thread to avoid hijacking. If this isn't about Barclays, let us know which bank.

Keep us updated here. :)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

i had this with barclays

you need to fill in a visa dispute form if a different bank than yours

if you bank with barclays and its a barclays machine, will be no prob

the machine keeps records as well as giving a receipt

mine took 2 weeks to refund

no explanation

they know how much cash has been dispensed and how much is in the machine

so be totally honest

Edited by slick132

Thanks for your prompt response and sorry if i am a little vague, i am new to this site !

The ATM in question was outside a post office, my bank in question is Abbey, they been real helpful at the moment, but i am not happy at been out of pocket, ive logged a complaint too.

Edited by slick132

i had this with barclays

you need to fill in a visa dispute form if a different bank than yours

if you bank with barclays and its a barclays machine, will be no prob

the machine keeps records as well as giving a receipt

mine took 2 weeks to refund

no explanation

they know how much cash has been dispensed and how much is in the machine

so be totally honest

Thanks for your comments, i am also keeping a record of all my communication.

Edited by slick132

Will move this to the Abbey forum for you.

Keep all communication in writing only, so you have a good paper trail.

If you do have any tele cons, make notes straight away including detail of discussed points, time and date.

:)

Edited by slick132

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Will move this to the Abbey forum for you.

Keep all communication in writing only, so you have a good paper trail.

If you do have any tele cons, make notes straight away including detail of discussed points, time and date.

:)

Thanks for your further help, ive rang for an update today, but theres no resolution yet ! ive told Abbey that i will be persuing them and or the ATM owner for a claim for all the inconvenience and stressed caused once the matter has been resolved initially. Ill post updates ASAP.

Edited by slick132

UPDATE - Im still waiting for the refund, no dispute form yet, rininging them every other day for updates ! nightmare !

Im thinking of charging them £10 a day for the inconvenience, is this possible ?

Hi BBM,

Keep the pressure on them.

Depending on the outcome of their investigations into this, you should be able to ask for compensation for your time, expenses and stress caused by all this. Whether they agree to pay is another matter.

If they fail to resolve the situation to your satisfaction, you could File a court claim against the bank and/or the ATM operator for the return of your money AND for any losses and your time in sorting this.

Edited by slick132

Hi BBM,

Keep the pressure on them.

Depending on the outcome of their investigations into this, you should be able to ask for compensation for your time, expenses and stress caused by all this. Whether they agree to pay is another matter.

If they fail to resolve the situation to your satisfaction, you could File a court claim against the bank and/or the ATM operator for the return of your money AND for any losses and your time in sorting this.

Thanks for your continued advice, ive been real patient with them even been into my local branch, ive obtained a statement covering the date that the fault occured, there was 7 reversals and 9 transactions, this clearly confirms a fault with the machine, just a waiting game now !

Ill post update ASAP.

Edited by slick132

Keep that statement safe as it shows something was amiss and should help if you have to take your case further.

You could always send them a LBA giving them 7 or 14 days to refund your loss, after which you'll File a court claim.

Edited by slick132

Keep that statement safe as it shows something was amiss and should help if you have to take your case further.

You could always send them a LBA giving them 7 or 14 days to refund your loss, after which you'll File a court claim.

Thanks for your further advice and help, ive rang them again today for an update, but as per usuall they can not tell me anything, only it takes time, i did speak to a supervisor today as i have experienced further customer service issues whilst the ATM dispute continues, basically i asked for a supervisor to ring me last week as well as filing a complaint, i have also been given misleading information on every call, i havnt heard anything to date, the supervisor today apologised, she confirmed there was no complaint logged or request for a supervisor to ring me, only the dispute with the ATM has been logged, she told me i would receive a written reply within 3 to 5 days, she also offered to credit my account with £10 for the inconvenience caused, i declined the offer but thanked her, i notified her that i may forward a claim once the matter has been resolved !

Edited by slick132

Hi BBM,

I know you've seen Rochford's thread re the Barclays ATM dispute which is now resolved. But it took weeks !!

If you think you've waited long enough and you're fed up with their failure to give any clear info on your problem, make a brief complaint to the CEO's office.

Personally, I'd give them a further week to give you some proper answers, and then complain to the top.

Edited by slick132
  • Haha 1

Hi BBM,

I know you've seen Rochford's thread re the Barclays ATM dispute which is now resolved. But it took weeks !!

If you think you've waited long enough and you're fed up with their failure to give any clear info on your problem, make a brief complaint to the CEO's office.

Personally, I'd give them a further week to give you some proper answers, and then complain to the top.

Thanks for the continued help, im keeping a record of all calls etc, ive already started a complaint regarding the misleading info etc and i will certanly be complaining to the top in due course ! sorry if i sound inpaitent but theres clear evedince of a fault with the machine in question.

Edited by slick132

• 2 weeks later...

Update - Rang the ATM dispute team today for update.

I was informed that my account was credited with the missing money, 2 days ago, they also confirmed that the machine was faulty.

I also enquired about my complaint as i have not heard anything to date, i was informed that a letter had been issued, as it was now a phase 2 complaint, they will reissue this letter.

They also informed me that a letter was also in the post regarding the non despense and an explanation, they also offered to credit my account with £10, i declined this offer again.

Just waiting for correspondence and i will decide my next course of action.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Edited by slick132

Hi BBM,

Wow.......£10. They just don't get it, do they. ;)

See what the letter says and then decide .............

Edited by slick132

Hi BBM,

Wow.......£10. They just don't get it, do they. ;)

See what the letter says and then decide .............

It was annoying when the machine went faulty, the customer service issues have only antagonised the situation.

I feel releived now, but ive got my claim drafted up, just waiting for there letter and i will respond !

Edited by slick132

• 2 months later...

UPDATE - Just a quick note to let you know the matter has been resolved, via a number of telephone calls, i was intending to write a formal letter of complaint, however, the company has now provided me with a full written appology which sounds genuine, they have also offered a full and final settlement payment matching the amount the ATM took in error !

Many thanks to this site and particullar Slick for all the information - Donation to follow shortly.

Hi BBM,

Delighted to hear this has now been resolved to your satisfaction.

Have they offered you compensation for your time, effort and inconvenience in all this.

Thread title changed and thank you for any donation you make to the Site. :)

Hi BBM,

Delighted to hear this has now been resolved to your satisfaction.

Have they offered you compensation for your time, effort and inconvenience in all this.

Thread title changed and thank you for any donation you make to the Site. :)

They have offered the sum of £100 in full and final settlement, the amount which was taken in error was credited back to my account a few weeks ago, considering i had not written to them i feel this was a reasonbale amount to receive.

Many thanks for your help again.

Thanks for the update.

If this was in addition to the sum refunded, I'd consider this an excellent result.

:D