Single mum refused accomodation..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope this is in the correct forum. I'm trying to get advice on behalf of a friend. She is unemployed and has an 8 month old daughter. The council have placed her in a safe hostel as she is classed as homeless and cannot live with her parents as her Dad is abusive. She has been trying to get proper accomodation for months now, but the council have told her that she is not priority, as her baby is not yet 1 year old (therefore can share a bedroom with her).

She is severely depressed and the stress of this housing business is really affecting her health. She is a single mum, gets no support whatsoever from the baby's dad. She receives benefits and that is her only source of income.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

Get letters from doctors, midwife and health visitor to say that the condition she is in is hindering her as a mother. This might help to push things along. sorry I can't be much more help. goodluck to your friend

hi can enyone give me advice we live in a3 bedrom house with 7 people me,husband,17yrs old daughter,20yrsold son daughter 21yrs and her 2children 3months,and 2yrs she did rent a house privatly but affording the rent was herendous she has been onthe list for a while now but shes not priority husband been on incapacity benefit for 2yrs due to bad back as a result to accident at work which has now left him with ostopina he also has diabetities (since 5yrs old)and suffers with deppression due to accident,i suffer with stress and deppression gosh for yrs now but i cope is ther any way we can move her along as needs her own space to bring up kids.:idea:

Edited by sonic68
start new thread

hi can enyone give me advice we live in a3 bedrom house with 7 people me,husband,17yrs old daughter,20yrsold son daughter 21yrs and her 2children 3months,and 2yrs she did rent a house privatly but affording the rent was herendous she has been onthe list for a while now but shes not priority husband been on incapacity benefit for 2yrs due to bad back as a result to accident at work which has now left him with ostopina he also has diabetities (since 5yrs old)and suffers with deppression due to accident,i suffer with stress and deppression gosh for yrs now but i cope is ther any way we can move her along as needs her own space to bring up kids.

Hi if you start your own thread then someone will be along to assist you. It just avoids confusion and keeps everything seperate.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol: