• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Foot Anstey Solicitors Plymouth?? A little concerned now-reassurance please!

jodybuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmmm, also have an alliance & leicester account with only about £100 of charges, was going to see how I got on with Lloyds & maybe try them aswell but don't want to have that account closed down so maybe I won't bother.

Are they known for closing accounts after settlement?

Do lloyds also do this?

Thanks

I HAVE ALL THE MONEY I'LL EVER NEED - IF I DIE BY 4 O'CLOCK THIS AFTERNOON!!:-|

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then its personal to you so there is no difference betrween this and a "normal" bank acccount

Go for it

J

You may think that but . . ......

Total repaid to date £1947.58

Lloyds Currrent a/c £745.27

Moneyclaim filed 17th June

Defence and AQ 25th July. Case struck out 11 Aug

reinstated and hearing 15th Jan 2007

Lloyds loan a/c D A request expired 19th June

Proceedings under S7 Data Protection Act issued 29th June defence and counterclaim 27 July

Hearing Jan 3 2007

Listed final hearing April 2007-

Judge declared an interest and disqualified himself

new date to be set

I have seen on another thread here ( which I now can't find) that Ltsb have offered to partially settle a claim with a number of conditions.

One of these was that the account was now run within their terms.

Does this mean that if in the unlikley event anyone agreed to those terms that Ltsb can snatch back the refund as soon as that account goes overdrawn?

Another one of their demands was confidentiallity- how would they know if we blab ?

Presumably we are the ones that set out conditions not them, are other banks paying out conditionally?

Jody

I have seen on another thread here ( which I now can't find) that Ltsb have offered to partially settle a claim with a number of conditions.

One of these was that the account was now run within their terms.

Does this mean that if in the unlikley event anyone agreed to those terms that Ltsb can snatch back the refund as soon as that account goes overdrawn?

Another one of their demands was confidentiallity- how would they know if we blab ?

Presumably we are the ones that set out conditions not them, are other banks paying out conditionally?

Jody

Hi Jody,

Really what it is implying is; accept this partial offer and we can charge you as we like and you agree not to submit another claim.

Most if not all of the banks are sending out similar silly letters.It could be seen as another form of intimidation,from the bully banks.If you get one of these letters just use the template letter,Rejecting offers;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

LINKS....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/71112-glance-guide-claiming.html

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

Hi

I have received a letter today from Lloyds bank saying that they will not refund my charges and they are fair charges etc etc. They have told me if I dont like it then I have to go to the ombudsman. What can I do next as I cant find a letter template to send them??? the only one I can find is the one when they havent replied (letter 3). Please help me as I want to take this further...

I am new to this and have no idea how to start a thread??

I sent the letter to them 2 weeks ago today. Its the first letter after the dpa request including a psreadsheet of charges. I have the next letter all typed up and ready to send today - should I send it?

Hi

To start a thread, click here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/

then click on "New Thread" in a bluey/grey box, call your thread "hunnybunny V Lloyds" or something, and away you go.

Yes send the next letter.

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

It's in my name trading as...... etc etc.

Have a look at "Basic Guide - Business Claims". It is basically the same as consumer version except you can't quote Consumer Acts etc in your POC - other than that pretty straightforward. However, you will probably end up with different solicitors. maybe Martineau Johnson who handle the business claims for Lloyds.

I have today received an acknowledgement of service which states that Lloyds intend to defend all of this claim. The address for documents to be sent to is c/o Foot Anstey solicitors of Plymouth.

I am now concerned, don't lloyds usually use another firm of solicitors? What could this mean?

Would appreciate some reassurance, have any of you heard of this other company?

I filed with mcol & am claiming in the region of £3500.

Thanks

So you don't think I have any cause to be concerned that I have 'singled out'!!!

You need to stick to one thread, you have half a dozen, I am not sure if they all relate to one claim. You should PM a mod and get them merged, as appropriate.

From reading some of your other threads it maybe that as your claim is for a business account, it is being dealt with by another firm of solicitors.

There is nothing to be concerned about providing you have followed the steps detailed in this site.

As you filed using MCOL have you issued your schedule of charges by post to the court and Foot Anstey?

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Sorry about all the threads, Consider me reprimanded!!

I sent the schedule of charges to the court on the day I filed with mcol but I only got the acknowledgement of service today So I am currently photo copying & it will go to Foot Anstey tonight.

I did wonder that myself because I am the westcountry & so are they.

Hopefully this means there is a chance it will be moved to a closer court should push come to shove.

Has anyone else got alternative solicitors or have any experience with Foot Anstey?

;) Hi Jodybuk your thread caught my eye because of Plymouth!! I'm at the 'Got court date stage with my claim against Llyods and had my claim transferred to small claims track 13th April. My hearing is 20th June at Plymouth County Court but the defence from Llyods came under SC & M solicitors not the one you've stated, do you know where Foot Anstey are actually based??? Suzy:)

Hi Suzy,

Great minds think alike, I was just about to reply to your thread but I didn't want to worry you any further by drawing your attention to the fact that there could be a more local solicitor dealing with these claims!!

Foot Anstey are based at 21 Derry's Cross Plymouth.

Presumably It will become clear why they have instructed them to defend my claim & not the one the rest of you have been allocated.

I filed through mcol on 13th April & have heard nothing except the Acknowledgement of service. Usual form is to offer a goodwill gesture by now but I havn't heard anything & am beginning to get a little worried they might decide to defend my action in full & I might have to go to court!!

Hope your claim continues to go well & I will watch for your updates with interest as I am only a couple of weeks behind you on this thing

Good Luck

Jody

;) Hi Jody yes it seems strange that i wasn't issued with that Solicitor being that i live in Plymouth???? Llyods do seem to be changing tatics left, right and centre at the mo there are so many claims, they do still seem intent on making us go all the way to court though. Must admit i was hoping to have had a settlement by now but no such luck!!! Just having to prepare my bundle and get that sent off before my hearing!!! It is a nightmare but hoping it'll all be worth it in the end:) I'll keep an eye on your thread also and Good Luck, by all means leave me a post

Suzy