2 Qs re filing a court claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello People,

Just so you know I have read through all the FAQs before opting to be irritating, but I genuinely cannot find answers :(

1: Does anyone know if MoneyClaim take Visa Electron? I did have a Switch but Halifax wisely opted for Electron as 'everyone takes them'. Yeah. Right.

2: I've read through the particulars of claim as if the answer to Q1 is no, I shall be doing it the old skool way :) However I can't see anywhere that the 8% interest is listed? I have decided not to go for the usual extra interest so far, as it seemed a lot of hassle for not much (started doing it and machine crashed.. and I work in IT!) I wondered if this was the part:

"d) Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act as set out on the attached list of charges or at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just. " Either way how do I enter this in?

I'm claiming £1481 so don't know where to add my £118.48 (if that's correct?!)

Again sorry for being a pain but I have read through everything and this has me stumped.

Ta in advance :)

Cola

Trying to fix this myself...

Do i add the 8% myself as the total is now just my charges and court costs?

Will save it til I hear.

Thanks

Cola

you need to download the spreadsheet hun (in the bank templates library), that will work out the correct amount of interest as what you have put is incorrect. It is 8% per year so it's more complicated depending on when each charge was levied. The spreadsheet will work it all out.

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

Forgot to say you put a breakdown of how your claim is made up in your particulars of claim eg

CHARGES =

INTEREST ON CHARGES DEDUCTED =

8% INTEREST ON THE ABOVE =

DPA FEE =

TOTAL =

That's basically it, sure someone will be able to explain it in better terms...

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Youv'e posted this in the halifax 'won thread', you may get more help if you pm a mod and ask for this to be moved to the proper halifax forum as more ppl will see it and be able to offer help. :)

Missy xx

Halifax Sept 2006- SAR, Prelimanary Letter, LBA, MCOL, Settled & WON! :lol:

MBNA started March 09- SAR,Prelimanary Letter, LBA, WON! :lol: