Speeding Codes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, I've started a new thread for this as the other one got messy.

There is an offence code of SP34 which is deemed to be "causing or permitting" a SP30 speeding offence.

As anyone who has taken a learner out in a car could be subject to this offence as the supervising driver if the learner is prosecuted for speeding, does anyone have any experience or knowledge as to whether this "secondary" offence is always/sometimes/rarely procecuted on?

Edited by crem

A tad confused here Crem. These laws must have changed through the years. As a young man, I was trained as a driving instructor. The boss cat went to some lengths to advise me that as far as the law was concerned, the Qualified driver or instructor was responsible for the car and any infringements under the RTA. Only under exceptional circumstances, could the learner or pupil be prosecuted for misdemeanors. Hope you get a few "hard fact" replies, as this is an integueing subject. (excuse spelling---spell checker gone to water greenhouse)

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one confused as to what could/might happen!

The info from my school admin is as I stated, (although they originally mis-quoted the code to be a SP35 which G&M pointed out doesn't exist).

I really would like to know how these cases are handled but have no intention of taking a pupil through a 30 speed camera at 40mph just to satisfy my curiousity!! :D