style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I ask a daft question?

I am in dispute with Ford credit - the car mashed the gearbox a week ago (also mashed the clutch, starter, aircon, diesel injectors a year ago) basically I have told them I am not paying for a car, less than 5 years old/60000 miles that has so many mechanical faults... should I include the £175 payment I make (HP) tomorrow as (technically) it hasn't been sorted out yet..

I also pay my insurance monthly, £40 is the usual, however, I have just cancelled the policy due to the car being cream crackered but plan to get a £300 scrapper on the 27th May, should I still include this payment as it is the only way I will be able to afford the payments

My telephone includes the Sky package - sky talk, sky broadband and sky package - about £50 a month, I can't divvy it down as it comes as one package - any ideas (I have just put down £50 for telephone)

My OH is disabled (spinal injury) I have a mobile incase she gets stuck (bath, outdoors, her mobility scooter is not the most reliable) would it be acceptable do you think (£40 a month with 3, if not, how do I get out of the 18 month contract)

Does anyone know (roughly) what the upper and lower excess percentage is (I know over £100 is 50% but I'm sure it's sort of banded i.e. £100 - £299 etc)

Cheers

Regards the car - tell the OR you want it included in the BR and give the car back to Ford - any future liability will then be included in the BR.

The telephones etc may not be allowed on your SOA, but that doesn't mean you ahve to give them up, you just pay for them out of your surplus. The OR will t ake roughly 60% of your surplus if it is over £100.

Have you included a line for emergencies, holidays and entertainment as well as a samll amount for xmas and birthdays? Some may get crossed but then again they may not and they all reduce your surplus.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I've been sat 'tweeking' the SOA at the moment (as you do before you head to court) and I'll list it below if it's OK...

Domestic Bills - Monthly

(My name is only on Council Tax and Water Rates) split 50/50 with girlfriend... (her house, cash purchase, I didn't contribute - this isn't out of greed but she was ensuring when I moved in I would NEVER be able to claim a share should we split up, I've NEVER been allowed to contribute to decorating, the extension, any work, the purchase etc, bl@@dy lucky I didn't on reflection - we had a sort of verbal trust contract to this effect so no Beneficial Interest)

Rent - £0

Mortgage - £0

Board - £0

Gas - £96

(The boiler was broken and last bill was £1100, Brit Gas refuse to accept any responsability even though they have been paid an extra fee to ensure they check boiler/pipes/radiators)

Electric - £36

Water - £16

Council Tax - £66

Telephone (Landline) £50 inclusive (Sky Talk, Broadband Etc)

Building and Contents Insurance - £39

TV Licence - £6

Total £309 month

Transport & Work Expenses

HP Car Payments (Disputed) £175

Petrol for work and domestic - £190

AA - £8

Service - 10

MOT - £5

Repairs - £10

Parking (Domestic) - £20

Insurance Installments £40

(Due to be restarted end of May with a new car)

Food at work - £45 (£3 a day - chicken usually, not allowed bread, pasta etc)

Total - £503

Personal Expenses

Food - £160

(I'm 21 stone, was 24 and on a rather drastic reduced carb diet - all fresh meat and fish etc)

Dog Food - 25 (my dog, sole responsability)

Saving for vet visits - £10

Toiletries (razors, soap etc) - £10

Holiday (5 grown up kids and 2 grandkids) - £40

Birthdays - £15

Christmas - £15

Haircut - £10

Clothes - £50

Medical/Dentist - £25 (teeth missing, asthmatic etc)

Cleaning products - £15 (washing powder, fabric conditioner etc - I have a dress code at work)

Total - £375

Grand total - £1187

Deducted from wage leaves - £54

I think you'll be fine - but what are your plans for the £175 car payments?

Also don't seperate your food - groceries and lunch should be added together to make one monthly figure, You have £45 (@ £3 per day) do you only work 3 weeks?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Cheers mate, I've cobbed it all together as suggested - I only singled out the stuff that didn't fit the combined questions (haircuts, holiday, birthday) what's the worst he can do except lower or disallow?

Anyway - submitted and printing now - the £175 will need to be excess once all is done and dusted but I am led to believe it is a reflection of your outgoing at the date of the hearing (in 8 hours now) so I'll alter it once they have taken it back... I'll discuss with the OR when he grills me...

Is it the £500 tomorrow or just the deposit?

Cheers

Gaz Walker

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sound m8 - no beneficial interest in house, get to keep my Vespa and have an IPO of £230 month, which is excellent as just one of my loans was £250 month, my other one was £175, my car was £150, and my 2 credit cards was £120 so quids in....

Add to that a new job I got on Tuesday for an extra £6500 a year and I'm buzzing - OR was really nice and helpful, interview lasted about 50 minutes or so and was nowhere as bad as I feared