I've just recieved my Court Questionnaire. What do I send back?....

andyroo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just got back from holiday to find a letter from Barclays denying any wrong doing with the bank charges - under the grounds that I was given a copy of the Terms and Conditions when I joined.

My charges only came to a total of £300 so I'm unsure as to whether it is worth me going as far as a court claim or just putting it down to "oh well, I've tried". Any personal opinions on this would be appreciated.

Also, if I end up paying £120 for the court case can I then claim that back from Barclays ontop of my £300 (£420) otherwise I will end up with half the original amount?

Andy

Guest Mumofthreeboys
My charges only came to a total of £300 so I'm unsure as to whether it is worth me going as far as a court claim or just putting it down to "oh well, I've tried". Any personal opinions on this would be appreciated.

Also, if I end up paying £120 for the court case can I then claim that back from Barclays ontop of my £300 (£420) otherwise I will end up with half the original amount?

Andy

As I always say, if you saw £300 on the pavement would you leave it there? And if you picked it up would you be happy? I know I would :)

It wouldn't cost you £120 it would probably be £80 - and yes you can claim it back, but I don't think it would get that far as it is a relatively small amount considering the amounts some people are claiming.

I had the same letter from Barclays about the term sand conditions.

The thing to remember is that know is disputing the terms and conditions were made clear - it is the fact that they are illegal, unfair etc.

Go for it- if you look at my thread brussels1, i'm sure i included a letter that used to reply to Barclays

2 Points.

1. You cant open the account without accepting their terms and conditions.

2. They are supposed to operate lawfully and aren't by taking these charges.

3. Yuo are not able to change or strike out any of their terms and conditions (under a normal contract negotiation you would amend, add, delete any terms that you would not be prepared to accept)

4. OK more than 2 points.;-)

Bank Claim Result

NatWest £2051 UnGagged myself. They paid up in full:D

Barclays £641.81 Settled in full.:D

MBNA AOL £390 account credited

MBNA Card £880 account credited

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

As my boss quite rightly pointed out - is it OK for me to come and burgle you as long as I've written to you first to tell you I'm going to do it? No. Exactly. I have a question if anyone can help - I've trawled the FAQs for the answer and sort of have it, but if anyone's got any words of wisdom, I'd really be more than grateful. Barclays eventually offered me a refund of £75 (I am claiming £155 without interest) which I turned down. So I am now at the stage of filing for court. I know it may not get that far, but all my charges are for 1 x unauthorised overdraft fee and 6 x "paid referral fees" where they have paid a DD or Standing Order for me when the money wasn't in my account. Do you think I still have the right to claim this back? All the examples given seem to be for returned payments, not ones where the bank have actually paid them for you until your money comes in. Help please? :???:

I've filed for the court case through Moneyclaim (it cost me £50 for £391 = initial £300 + £91 interest) but it has set the court as Northampton and I cannot see any way to change this. Is this where all the Moneyclaim cases are delt or can you change to your local court? If not, time to visit Northampton!

;-)

Thanks for that. I thought I was gonna hve a road trip to Northampton for a while then... wouldnt have minded either way though as it would only create more travel expences for Barclays to pay out! :grin:

• 1 month later...

Barclays have played their usual game of filing a defence to my claim on the final day.

I have now recieved a questionnaire from the court along with their defence. My question is when returing my questionnaire to the court do I need to respond to the defence with my case? If so, do I send a copy to Barclays too?

Much appreciated.... :)

hi, it me, your cardiff buddy. RE your first question, I've no idea as I'm not at that stage yet.

as for your second, I came across that thread, and as neither party can claim costs, then no you can't. (if u could then barclays could theoretically claim costs against u if u lost - which you won't of course, but the small claims track is designed like that in order not to put off smallfry from claiming)

cover your time etc by charging the bank their own contractual rate of interest. use this to search the forum and have a read of the threads..

Barclays have played their usual game of filing a defence to my claim on the final day.

I have now recieved a questionnaire from the court along with their defence. My question is when returing my questionnaire to the court do I need to respond to the defence with my case or is this dealt with at a later date? If I do, then do I send a copy to Barclays too?

Much appreciated.... :-)

Guest Mumofthreeboys

I have now recieved a questionnaire from the court along with their defence. My question is when returing my questionnaire to the court do I need to respond to the defence with my case or is this dealt with at a later date? If I do, then do I send a copy to Barclays too?

Much appreciated.... :-)

I didn't send anything back if that helps, still waiting for my date :)

Thanks. Do you know at what point the responce needs to be filed as I presume it is before going to court itself?

Moderated : 3 threads merged and moved to correct forum , Barclays .Please keep to your original thread when updating as it is much easier for everyone if they can see at a glance what has happened re your claim before replying to any new queries from you :)

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Thanks. Do you know at what point the responce needs to be filed as I presume it is before going to court itself?

You should have received a letter from the court along with your AQ and it should have a date on it (from memory)....